Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 10,089

mookysam

@KratosMD Yeah, I've still got PS2 RPGs in my backlog that I bought well over a decade ago! I will get to them at some point, but it is very easy to become overwhelmed as new games pile up.

Play those Final Fantasy games, they're magnificent. And X too if you haven't already. . Dragon Quest XI is an excellent game - I'm perhaps halfway through and can't recommend it highly enough. It's one of the greatest examples of the genre in recent years.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

JRPG backlogs aren't too bad as long as you don't start juggling multiple ones at once. I've done that before, and it can feel a little overwhelming. My self-imposed limit is one on portable hardware and one on stationary hardware.

Also trying to finish up what I own before purchasing more stuff, which is why I'm trying to give the Switch and PS4 purchases a break and focus on the stuff I already own. On Switch, I'm smack dab in the middle of Okami HD, Slime-san, and VC4, and I still have yet to begin the Torna expansion. That's perilously close to having a backlog on the system, so I'm going to chill out and finish those first before new stuff I want comes out next year.

With PS4, I'd like to largely reduce my backlog to 4 or less games next year. Which means I'll be skipping REmake 2 until I accomplish that, especially since I won't be able to play it at launch.

I'd like to hold off on purchasing anything until EO Nexus in February, but we'll see how that goes.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

DerMeister

I got caught with an RPG backlog as well recently. Some might remember earlier this year where I was playing through FF9, FF Type-0, Kingdom Hearts II, Mass Effect 2, and Persona 3. Now I'm still working on Type-0 and P3 (completed the main story, but doing The Answer now), and I've got Birth By Sleep and Mass Effect 3 as well. Only recently I started simplifying things and I'm focusing on KH and P3.

Since I'm saving up for a external hard drive, it's actually not bad that I have a backlog right now, because I don't plan on making anymore PS4 purchases due to the lack of space.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Jaz007

@KratosMD You said Spider-Man was a GOTY contender though after you got to the end? I’m confised as to your stances now.

Jaz007

Octane

With themcnoisy taking a break from us, who's going to do this year's GOTY Votey?

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane I think @KratosMD is our 'head of polls' at the moment. I think he's going to do GOTY as well, but if I'm wrong, we'll hear soon enough!

Kidfried

Haruki_NLI

@Kidfried @Th3solution Those reaction times didn't stop a box smacking me in the face last njght and breaking my nose or my knee dislocating but its a start

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Th3solution

The real question is if I’ll be able finish God of War, Detroit, Spider-Man, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Monster Hunter World, AC Odyssey, and Red Dead Redemption 2 before the GOTY voting. I’m thinking no.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

mookysam

@KratosMD I can see why I-III would burn you out. Although I enjoyed the PSP anniversary remakes of I and particularly II, they aren't the best place to start. They're more like curios in the franchise, like it's interesting to see the series' roots. The games massively improve from IV onwards through. They truly are special, but as you prefer modern games it is understandable that they might not be for you, at least until you've played more recent titles. You probably can't go wrong with X HD. It looks lovely and plays beautifully.

Black Lives Matter

DerMeister

@KratosMD I try to finish every game I play, even if it takes a long time for me to do so. I started Type-0 at the start of this year and I started MGSV exactly a year ago. Those are my longest currently running playthroughs, but I'll finish them sometime in the future.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

andreoni79

Here we are, the decline of the West in the social media era.
A 75 cl bottle of water for € 8 just because there's the name of a f****ing internet "star" printed on it.
You are going to want this Evian Limited Edition!
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Octane

@andreoni79 I sincerely hope nobody falls for that, but I'm sure there's a few who'll buy it anyway...

Octane

KALofKRYPTON

@andreoni79 Ew... Also, I don't know who that is.

That said - I watch and support a fair amount of YouTubers but recently a friend of mine died after a nasty cancer battle. He'd documented his journey through social media and YouTube which I followed until a few weeks before he died as it became so very apparent that the world is full of ghouls who find people like him to watch die. Over the weeks leading to his death his subscriber count on YouTube went steadily up.

Watching hangers on and other already popular YouTubers (one in particular) clearly 'create' associated content for views was pretty sickening.

The world of YouTube and being a content creator/'influencer' isn't an easy one I'm sure, so I've no issue with someone getting an endorsement if it's their livelihood. But I wouldn't buy something like over-inflated water!

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

andreoni79

@KALofKRYPTON I fear my bad english will lead to some misunderstanding if I try to comment you post, so I just let Tool use the right word: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKs_-Burkgo
I'm supporting my mother's fight against cancer since June 2017 and sometimes she is very worried about her relationship with the world around her, which in our case it's just the neighbourhood of a small town in the boring middle Italy. I really can't understand how to manage the same thing on the internet...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Tjuz

@andreoni79 Who wouldn't want some LIMITED EDITION water? Normal water is for plebs.

@KALofKRYPTON Wow. I wasn't aware this was actually a thing that happened on YouTube. That's sick. Condolences with the loss of your friend! Hope you're okay.

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

@Tjuz

Thanks. We weren't particularity close - but there were a lot of years when my life revolved around publand and being out and about, and he was there more often than not.

We knew it was coming sooner rather than later. He fought a very good fight and inspired folk to fight on, and donate to a couple of worthy charities - so there are positives.

Yeah - when he started his channel - I felt a bit weird about it, but I thought - 'this is my mate, it's fine', and he'd usually update his personal Facebook before the vid anyway. But when the online handle really took off the viewership and instagram (I'm told, I don't use it) numbers went through the roof. You start looking at comments of people saying someone else was struggling that week, or had died etc.
When I looked deeper, I found that there are in fact - a lot of people documenting such journeys, with huge numbers of follows.

As I said, I started to find it rather ghoulish. Added to that, when he died - it was like watching that weird celebrity-death competitive grieving on the public channels while the rest of us just shared memories on his private Facebook.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@andreoni79 It's always good to have support. Can't imagine how scary that must be for your own mother.

Kidfried

The job interview event was terrible, but it might actually turn out alright. However, as I'm heading home, I can only think of one thing: one more hour until Ni No Kuni 2.

Gaming is just such a great hobby to have. I can't say that enough.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried I don't mean this to sound patronising, but well done for even going and making it through the entire day. One of those "recruitment events" gave me a panic attack once, before I'd even set foot in the door. Horrible things; here's hoping they're a little better in your country.

Gaming is indeed awesome. Hope you're enjoying Ni No Kuni 2!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@Kidfried Those events aren't much fun. I did one (government agencies in this country love them) and it had ROLE PLAY - which I happen to think is a ridiculous thing to do.

You probably did much better than you think and now you can relax and have fun playing Ni No Kuni 2 Gaming has helped me through a lot now I think about it. I do love the hobby.

Black Lives Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic