Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 10,080

Octane

@Kidfried I bet that's what Sammy's doing all day when he isn't writing articles; writing about himself on Wikipedia

Octane

Tasuki

@Kidfried I remember on the Vita reading the review for Rainbow Moon I think it was in the PSN store and it had an excerpt from Push Square's review and even said that it was from Push Square

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Th3solution

Heard that the Toronto Canucks in the NHL have banned their players from playing Fortnite on road trips because it is affecting their gameplay. 😂 I wonder if it’s okay for them to play NHL 19 in their hotel rooms the night before. That’s a little more like game prep rather than the numbing of their senses like Fortnite does.
I knew Fortnite would eventually cause the downfall of society as we know it. And so it begins.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Didn't all the players at the World Cup earlier this year do goal celebrations based on Fortnite victory emotes or something? Hockey is just the latest victim of this infestation!

Although it reminds me of a story about a famous goalkeeper here in the UK, back in the late 90s, who blamed his poor performance on staying up all night to try and complete a Tomb Raider game. Don't hate the game, hate the players!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Not sure if all players did it, but a player did do it in the World Cup final.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Ah, thanks. Shows how much attention I pay to the one where they kick the ball with their feet.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I mean you could be right, but I vaguely remember hearing about from the final. If they all did it, it went straight over my head as I don't play the game!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Neither do I, although chances are that they quickly patched in a few based on goal celebrations because the publicity was too good to pass up.

My brain just went "Fortnite + Sport = World Cup Goal Celebration" for some reason!

And I'm too scared of my brain to question it.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger I think Griezmann has done some of the moves before for France, and Lindgard and Alli have for England. I forget whether it was at the WC though.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@RogerRoger There is also tell of a MLB starting pitcher (earning $20 million a year I think I heard) who had to go on injured reserve because of severe carpal tunnel syndrome. And just before his injury was announced, he was spotted the night before online playing Fortnite into the wee hours. I’m pretty sure the team owner is not to thrilled when his pitcher is injured from too much gaming 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Ah, somebody who knows the names of footballers! Thanks, I'll go with your facts!

@Th3solution Surely, on that kind of wage, he could've afforded, y'know... real games?

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Exactly! If he injured his hand playing Horizon Zero Dawn all night then I could understand. 😜
But actually, as a video game enthusiast, I can’t help but come to the defense of my favorite pastime (my cringe at the uber popularity of Fortnite notwithstanding) — although it is foolish of these players, or any person gainfully employed for that matter, to risk their livelihood for a hobby, I don’t see the difference between getting carpal tunnel playing Fortnite, and say, breaking your leg riding motorcycles, or herniating a disc lifting the deer you just shot onto your truck at a hunting trip. Loads of hobbies can cause injury, so gaming shouldn’t be criticized by the media the way it is sometimes.
It’s just anyone making $20 million a year should wrap themselves in bubblewrap during their free time.

Edited on by Th3solution

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Agreed; perhaps not their entire body in bubble wrap, but at least the part that earns them the $20,000,000 salary.

It's like an opera singer volunteering to be a town cryer the day before a performance for the President. It's just not smart.

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@Th3solution To be fair it’s eaier to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome from gaming than an accident the other two would have. A professional pitcher of all people should know about carpel tunnel syndrome and how to not get it. Gaming is fine obviously, but can need precautions like any other hobbit hobbie too. He should criticized for being an idiot more than gaming should be viewed as an issue in general.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Jaz007

@Thrillho Hahaha, that is pretty funny now I see it. That’s not even worth getting rid when editing the post a bit.

Jaz007

Haruki_NLI

Been told that the night shift team of 7 or 8 people that I'm part of is the best in the store, fewest mistakes, and surprising speed at working.

Woo!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

@beemo My knees aren't improving, in fact the left knee is giving me crap now...as expected.

But this praise was a surprise to us all. From what we gathered people seemed to think we were lazy, or that was the buzz amongst the day staff at least.

Regarding phones, I hear the recommendation for the OnePlus series of devices.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Th3solution

@beemo Yeah, that might be him. I didn’t really notice who it was but it probably not an isolated incident.
And believe me, I have dreamed of being able to play a video game on the stadium jumbotron. Of course I wouldn’t play Fortnite and it’s rather pedestrian graphics and gameplay. A nice AAA blockbuster title would be better — Spider-Man or God of a War maybe? Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Horizon Zero Dawn, or even something like Ratchet & Clank would look fantastic on the big screen.

@Knuckles-Fajita All that gaming has paid off! Quickened your reaction time and sharpened your problem solving skills.

Kidfried

"All that gaming has paid off! Quickened your reaction time and sharpened your problem solving skills"

@Th3solution I try to tell myself (and others) that all the time, no matter the job. Just trying to justify the millions of hours I sank into it.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic