Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 901 to 920 of 2,292

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo That was 360 only I think? Was there a BSG one like it too?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON nah it was on PS3 too

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I remember! It's Kelvinverse isn't it?! Totally couldn't have paid me to play that at the time #unclean

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON wrote:

The name drop is something I've never noticed! For shame...

Jurot, the Hazard Team's Betazoid medic, is mentioned (and seen from behind, played by an extra) in the episode "Counterpoint" (VGR) where the telepathic members of the crew must be kept in transporter suspension. Rather tragically, after her expanded role in Elite Force, she must've died sometime before "Dragon's Teeth" (VGR) because in that episode, Janeway is faced with an issue of trust and comments "What I wouldn't give for a Betazoid about now."

That makes three Betazoids killed on that show; Stadi, Lon Suder and Jurot. Thank goodness they didn't kill off Deanna Troi in her guest episodes!

Of course, didn't even mention Chell, who is voiced in-game by the same actor who played him in "Learning Curve" (VGR) and "Repression" (VGR) and who is referenced multiple times in other episodes. Alexander Enberg, who plays Vorik in the show and the game, also voices Austin Chang.

Encyclopedic nerd knowledge aside, have you or @Fullbringlchigo played either Star Trek: Legacy or Star Trek: Hidden Evil on PC before? I'm considering them, but am not 100% sure.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger wow! Ah Suder! Great couple of episodes with him.

Never played Hidden Evil, not sure I've actually heard of it! I've had a go on Legacy on XBOX - greatest Trek game that PlayStation never got in some ways.

I think we've spoken about it before - but there's a guy who youtubes it a lot. From what I could tell, the game has been kept alive with a pretty strong modding community on PC. The Ultimate mod is the one I think he used to use.

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yep played and still own them both, Legacy is pure ship combat but it's pretty fun IF a bit on the shallow side in terms of content but if you get it on P.C there are plenty of mods that add new ships

as for Hidden Evil that's the one that's set right after Insurrection and it pretty much plays like the old Resident Evils, even down to the tank controls and pre-rendered backgrounds, it's worth a play but i wouldn't say it's a classic

@KALofKRYPTON i didn't care what timeline it was, it was Star Trek and it was on console that was enough for me plus it actually turned out to be fun but i don't think you can even buy it anymore and even if you could the online is as dead as a Red Shirt on an away mission with Kirk, Spock and Bones

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Suder was fantastic. Whilst I understand why they did, it's a shame they wrapped him up so neatly in their rush to simultaneously end every single plot thread from the first two seasons (yes, that's right, I just semi-criticised Voyager... call a doctor).

Hidden Evil is an adventure game sequel to Star Trek: Insurrection. It stars Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner alongside your original character, as the Enterprise-E returns to the Briar Patch to investigate an archaeological mystery unearthed when the Son'a begin to establish their new colony near the Ba'ku village. It got supremely-average reviews and might not even run on Windows 10, but I'm such a fan of that film so am kinda desperate for more.

Thanks for your Legacy thoughts; yeah, we have spoken about the mods for it before. I'd want the one which replaces all the sound effects with those of the TV shows, and all the bridge crew dialogue with clips from the entire cast. Hearing a proper shield impact "CHOOM!" and then Worf saying "Shields at 60% and holding!" just brings it all home.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @FullbringIchigo Just checked out the Wiki for Hidden Evil - how did I ever miss that?!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Ah, cool, thanks! You saying that Hidden Evil is worth a play tips me over the edge, I think. There's a decent copy on eBay I've had my eye on.

Also yeah, Star Trek D.A.C. is worth it for the Kobayashi Maru trophy alone.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger that's the one you actually had to cheat to get

i wish more games had Trophies like that

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yep. Perhaps the greatest easter egg in a Star Trek game ever!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger That is pretty cool.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger well it's officially Started, Number One himself just posted this picture on twitter

Untitled

i guess that confirms a 3rd season after all those rumours about it being canned due to the CBS/Viacom merger

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 hey you never know they seemed to learn some lessons after season 1 (and getting rid of those two idiots in charge helped too) and season 2 was 10 times better so if they carry on improving you might actually like season 3

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 because they needed to cash in on not only the original series nostalgia but the "relative" success of the reboot movies

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 i think it showed a complete lack of faith in their own product on CBS's part

still now CBS and Viacom are one again who knows what that means for future seasons

as for season 3 i still think it's going to be a "Andromeda" rip off, the Federation is gone and the galaxy is at war and one ship and crew, the Discovery will try to rebuild the Federation

(on a side note Andromeda was a good show, if you never watched it you should check it out)

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo All I have to say is, please don't ever change your Tuvok avatar.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger well i might in the future but for now i have no inclination to, it's going to be here for a while

KALofKRYPTON

Discovery Season 3 = another one of Bryan Fuller's rejected anthology ideas

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic