Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 921 to 940 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON they really should have just gone with the anthology idea shouldn't they

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Yes. Yes they should.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON although i can understand why they didn't, the cost would have been immense

still if they still wanted to do an anthology series then it should be an animated one, it's cheaper, quicker and easier to produce, plus it has the added benefit of being able to look just like the old shows when it needs too and characters can also kind of look like the original actors

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

you know Star Trek Online has certainly put more detail into their character models over the years but you have to think just how much further can they push such an old game engine?

Untitled

i think it's getting to the point where they seriously need to think about releasing a new version of the game or completely redoing the current version

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo It got a graphical overhaul when it launched on consoles. I think it does the job; pushing it any further would require major work, which I doubt they'd wanna invest.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON @LN78 so the official Star Trek website just shared a few pages from the upcoming Star Trek Discovery: Aftermath comic, (it takes place after the end of season 2) and Kor is in it, that classic Klingon from TOS and DS9 and holy hell he DOESN'T have any head ridges, he LOOKS like a slightly younger Kor

Untitled

i'm sorry the picture is so small but it's the best i could get

you can see the rest of them here

StarTrek.com Discovery Aftermath

but it's nice they actually tried to do something canon for a change

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo ...and yet he had full ridges in Deep Space Nine.

In all seriousness, good on them. This is akin to lighting the blue touchpaper with a certain subset of vocal fans, so here's hoping the comic does a solid job.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger augment virus remember, by the time DS9 came round he was cured so he had ridges, only Klingons who had the virus didn't have ridges and once they were cured they grew back

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Oh, for sure. It's just that, well, given how reviled Enterprise is and all...

It's quite frightening to see how some reactionary commentators on certain fan sites will re-write their opinions in the space of a few minutes. "Affliction" (ENT) and "Divergence" (ENT) have come up in a lot of discussions around the Klingons in Discovery, yet they're often uniformly dismissed as "bad fan fiction" episodes by the same people who are lamenting the latest look of the Klingons, calling it an insult to canon. It's like... wait, canon gave you a perfectly good explanation, but it's not the one you wanted, so you're just gonna burn everything down?!

Apparently I'm quite rage-y today. Sorry about that. Augment Virus for the win!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i gave up trying to understand the fanbase years ago, one minute something is the worse thing in the world and the next it's a masterpiece

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Glad it's not just me, then!

Still got my fingers tightly crossed for Picard. Can't wait to see another trailer.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah Picard on paper sounds like it should be amazing BUT it was still done under the split licence and under the supervision of Kurtzman so i still have my worries because it could end up like Discovery, a show with loads of potential but not quite hitting the mark

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Patrick Stewart has signed a three-year deal, though, so I'm sure they could iron out any kinks and really deliver in future seasons once they've established the premise.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger well as long as it's not the same premise through all 3 seasons. that could really drag if it's not "engage"-ing enough

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I see what you did there.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger best make my exit quick then
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic