Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 161 to 180 of 2,292

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I'm inclined (as is my want) to disagree.
Classic Who tended to feel a little more seamless, and 'Rose' was actually a pretty great episode.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

FullbringIchigo wrote:

Bradly Walsh was the most surprising, i was expecting him to be bad but he was pretty good

He's the only person I'm actually pretty confident of liking. I've never seen any of the other cast in anything before, but I usually like it when comedians / light entertainers can deliver a semi-serious turn, and Mr. Walsh is somebody I find quite funny in the small snippets of things I've seen of him.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger He was very good in Law & Order.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Never did see that, but you're right, I'd forgotten he did that.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

Don't know if you guys watch Game Sack, but the latest episode is a Star Trek special - good viewing 👍🏽

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON no i don't what was the episode about?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Going through Star Trek games with a nice little cameo from a Voyager cast member 👍🏽

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON oh i may give it a look, thanks for the heads up

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yaaaaay, Icheb! Thanks for the heads-up!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @FullbringIchigo
No worries. I do like Game Sack.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I flicked through (no interest in some of the really old original series games) and found it to be a pretty cool video, and the Icheb section was funny. It also made me remember how annoyed I am that I can never play Elite Force II, because I really want to!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah i watched it and it was pretty good, i even watched a few of their other videos too although they need to update the one about games that ended their franchises because Metroid is getting a new game

@RogerRoger i played Elite Force 2 and it was loads of fun, kinda disappointed it didn't get a 360/PS3 release because i think it would have done well on consoles but if you have a modern laptop i'm pretty sure it would be able to play it so you should give it a go if you can

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger I had no idea about that giant bridge arena level!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I might look into it someday. I just don't wanna open the PC gaming Pandora's Box because I feel I'd very easily disappear forever, but I'll see. I do have a spare, totally blank SSD laptop that my partner put some old Star Wars games on for me, so I'll keep it in mind. I'd also love to play the Virtual Voyager and Captain Proton expansions from the first game, too.

@KALofKRYPTON It's obviously where Star Trek Online got their default bridge inspiration from, without realising it was a joke level made for laughs...

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Well, Elite Force II system requirements are a beastly 200MHz Pentium and 32MB RAM!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Genuinely, without knowing you, I wouldn't be able to detect the sarcasm. You could tell me those numbers are considered cutting-edge and I'd believe you.

Hence my problem with PC gaming.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger ha!

The benefit of old PC gaming is that your phone from 5 years ago could run most of it!

That said - my estimate there does seem a bit optimistic...

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
Here we go:
· 3D Hardware Accelerator Card required - 100% DirectX® 9.0 compatible 32MB video card and drivers*
· Pentium® III 600 or Athlon� processor or higher
· English version of Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
· 128MB of RAM
· 100% DirectX® 9.0 compatible 16 bit sound card and drivers
· 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and drivers
· DirectX® 9.0
http://www.ritualistic.com/games.php/ef2/index.inc.php#requir...

So a little more needy than I thought (it is the Q3 engine I suppose...), but still - even your average decade old supermarket spec' laptop wouldn't have any trouble.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I'm grateful for you finding and sharing them (even if you might as well have just gone "Here we go: fe9nfsefs49nsdlnsgwq3099wnfsdlkfj purple monkey dishwasher!" in terms of my immediate comprehension). I'll keep them in mind if I ever do come to trying it.

My partner is incredibly technologically-minded, so I might just hand him my SSD laptop one day and say "make this play these games, please" or something!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger no problem, was curious myself.

Put it this way - my current phone (used in context as you've mentioned a penchant for Xperias) is an Xperia XA2 Ultra - a pretty great (IMO) but still mid range phone with middling spec's.

In comparison to the system requirements for Elite Force II - the processor is 3.7 times faster, it has 31.25x the RAM and has a video chipset that is Direct X 12.1 compatible.

I'm pretty sure your Mr will laugh like Crom at the four winds when presented with Elite Force II's needs!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic