Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 141 to 160 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

By the way "Age of Discovery" for STO drops on P.C October 9th so expect it to come to consoles about a month after

anyone going to be playing it?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@CountFunkula78 I'm afraid that I don't play it myself (I'd take it too seriously) but I think there are a couple folk around here who have it. Otherwise, I'd recommend checking out some of the PS4 Communities listed on the game's splash page, or manually search for some. I gather they're a decent place to request assistance or look for crews to join. Hope you enjoy!

@Fullbringlchigo When the update installs, I'll poke my nose in and look around, for sure. I still haven't played any of the new story missions from Victory is Life... in fact, I never even finished some of the story content from launch, and I keep getting half-a-dozen pop-up mission briefings whenever I boot the game up.

Maybe once this gaming silly season has calmed down, I'll get back to working my way through the mission list. There's gonna be that free Clone Wars update to Star Wars: Battlefront II at some stage as well, and that's even without all the new games coming out. Crazy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i had to uninstall Battlefront 2, with all the updates it needed it was taking up FAR to much space, it was coming up to 100gb in size, even games like FFXV with all it's updats and DLC isn't that big (on PS4 anyway for some reason the XB1 version of FFXV is over 100gb in size but the PS4 version is only 75gb)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@CountFunkula78 I haven't played in a while (non-VR). I'm still a little impaired visually at the moment, so the teeny tiny text won't really do me any favors.

I'm phasing a bit more gaming back in with some extra lens wear though, so feel free to add me on PSN 'KALofKRYPTON' and I'll keep an eye (Boom, Boom!) for you.

As for pointers, I'm not sure if the Watson Voice Control is still active in game (it was a limited trial that was extended), but if it is - try it out, it works really well!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Big games are big, and I'm sure the Geonosis map and new heroes won't exactly be a small patch. No idea what's going on with those two different file sizes for Final Fantasy, though!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger me either and i have all the same DLC installed too so it's not that (i brought the royal edition for the XB1 and it includes all the character stories, the royal pack and the multiplayer, the same things i have on the PS4)

FullbringIchigo

So a new Trailer for Star Trek Discovery Season 2 dropped from NYCC and there are quite a few intresting things in it

first up here is the trailer if you want to watch it

we also get out first look and Disco Spock, what do you think?

Untitled

but the biggest changes are on the Klingon side first off we see a hologram of a PROPER D-7

Untitled

it looks like now the Empire is unified again they are moving forward with the unified Defence Force we saw in other shows and getting rid of the individual House ships

but one of the BIGGEST changes, Klingons have....HAIR!!!!!!

Untitled

we also see a bit of Burnham and Saru's relationship and it definitely looks to be a lot more friendly, she even says he is her Family

Untitled

our first look at "Number One", still no name yet

Untitled

and Pike rocking the Discovery Uniform

Untitled

Georgiou is back too

Untitled

and one more thing i think we a re finally going to see what that green spore was about because in the trailer they use a device to remove something from Tilly

Untitled

so what do you think about the trailer and how season 2 is shaping up, personally it looks like they have listened to the fans concerns about season 1 and are making changes, not too drastic though but i think it will evolve over the course of the show to at least star to resemble what we knew but after some of the information coming out about season 1's production it looks like they still have a way to go to fix Bryan Fuller's mess (YES it was his idea to change the Klingons and it was his idea to redesign the ships it's just after the pilot was filmed it was too late to change anything so they had to stick with it)

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I love that Michelle Yeoh is back; she makes everything watchable, at the very least. I'm gonna pick nits and say that the hologram looks a little more K'tinga-Class than D7, but then those names were interchanged quite a bit on previous shows (most notably "Prophecy" (VGR), "Unexpected" (ENT) and the slightly-too-much-detail CGI model in "Trials and Tribble-ations" (DS9)) so I can forgive them trying to make the original, smooth design look a bit more realistic. I also kinda hate myself for that being where my brain went first. I sometimes wish I weren't so much of a fan; then I might actually be able to let go and enjoy the show!

Could do with less Spock, though. I'm bored of Spock. So very bored.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger It'll be alright I'm sure.

Despite everything Season 1 was great to watch most of the time. Hopefully Michael is a little less miserable this season.

I'm more concerned with the rumors that CBS has half a dozen Trek shows in development.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON those aint rumours, they really do have a load in the works, there is the Picard show, a Starfleet Academy series, a Khan series and an animated series

not to mention the Trek Shorts and future Discovery seasons

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo That's a shame. CBS finally realising that the fandom isn't a cash-cow, it's a pinata they can beat for as long as they like.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah i'm just worried that franchise fatigue will set in with so many on the go at once, after all by the time Enterprise came around the old shows was suffering from it and they only had 2 going at the same time

FullbringIchigo

SO this is COMPLETELY off topic (sorry @RogerRoger) but strangly this still might be the best place for this and there was that cross over comic so it kinda counts

did anyone watch Doctor Who last night and what did you think, personally i though Jodi was great & so was the others, i did feel the episode dragged a little at the start, they could have cut about 10 minutes from it and made it the length of a normal episode but it ended well although the baddie was a bit anti-climatic

all in all a solid first episode that shows promise

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo

KALofKRYPTON wrote:

Doctor Who.

It was fine. It's new Who, it never really changes all that much.

JW was alright, but as I've noted elsewhere with BBC productions that are keen on regional accents - they still direct everyone to be a little bit clipped in their delivery which serves to make people sound like they're working through ellocution exercises; the new Doctor included.

I like her so far, it's a bit 11 via 9 & 10 - but again, new Who comes with being much of a muchness in lots of ways - I'm interested to see how she goes forward - the opening was strong enough and a search for the TARDIS is a nice thread to pull.

The 'monster' of the week was nicely designed, the 'teeth' thing will no doubt strike a suitably uncomfortable cord for many.

I do feel like the supporting cast is already too large though; that does come with the benefit of it being very unlikely that any of the 3 companions is of incredible cosmic importance

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON it could also mean that Jodi doesn't get enough time to be fleshed out, the same thing happened with Capaldi in his first series when the writers realised Clara had no character once her "impossible girl" story was done and that hurt his Doctor a lot

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I think Capaldi's issue was that he had a lot of Clara baggage that never actually left until Bill showed up - his interpretation of the character was, I think, also at odds with what the writers had actually planned for.

Post Clara 12 is both a better Doctor and mostly has better stories; but that is also serviced by the jettisoning of anything remotely romantic, be it over or undertones. Capaldi was a bit of a victim really - much like Colin Baker, his Doctor had to contend with a production team that was all-powerful and had been in place too long. They were happy to push their caricature vision of what they wanted The Doctor to be and film tired stories.

I honestly don't think JW will do much more, I'd say that they have put in a huge amount of work behind the scenes crafting and defining exactly what they want her to be (more importantly how they want her to be received) - and I'd be surprised to see it change beyond the amalgamation of 9, 10 and 11 but a woman thing we've seen already.

The companions this time unfortunately, aside from Bradley Walsh - just aren't very good actors, and I get the feeling that we'll be seeing them a lot.

The stories could win out though. I've never been particularly confident that Chris Chibnall was up to being showrunner since his new Who stories are beyond formulaic - but only time will tell.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON you know the Capaldi era is the only one i have yet to buy on DVD (my classic Doctor collection isn't finished yet though) because while there were a few really good episodes for the most part it was disappointing and i feel buying them would be a bit of a waste because i wouldn't even watch them all

still all the modern Who is on Netflix right now so i can still watch the Capaldi episodes i do like whenever i want to

i will buy them eventually just to complete my collection but i don't feel the need to right now

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
I know what you mean. He was in there, and there was the odd moment of brilliance where Capaldi, director and script really gelled - but they were sadly not the norm.
I have a particular distaste for the way new Who says farewell to The Doctor, and against all odds - Capaldi's was the worst written yet, despite having the better set up of all of them.

I have a handful of favourites but not much else. Destiny of the Daleks is one of my most watched DVDs ever!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Doctor Who is on my Netflix list. I was a huge fan of the Tennant years, fell away during Smith, came back and loved Capaldi, but then they made iPlayer dependant on a TV Licence (which I don't have) so never saw how his era ended and, obviously, didn't watch last night's new episode either.

Still, nice to know that it's getting solid reviews. I plan to catch up someday.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah it was pretty good, a few issues but otherwise pretty good but then again EVERY opening episode of a new Doctor has issues

Bradly Walsh was the most surprising, i was expecting him to be bad but he was pretty good

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic