Forums

Topic: Push Square Forum Megapoll: Best Video Game Box Art

Posts 501 to 520 of 935

Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

4 points - stormblood
1 point - MGS 5
1 point - FF12

Cheers @Th3solution

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Cycologist

Man, the Witcher ones are nice!! My votes are:

1 - 3 pts - the Witcher
2 - 2pts - Yakuza 4
3 - 1pt - MHW Iceborne

Cycologist

PSN: Rustyhole_PSN

BAMozzy

Horizon:Zero Dawn 3pts
Witcher 3 - 2pts
Dark Souls 2 - 1pt (just because its embossed too)

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Gamer83

Dragon's Crown Pro - 3 points
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - 2 points
Metal Gear Solid V - 1 point

Gamer83

Kidfried

Really not into steelbox covers at all. A lot of them are to busy, I don't like two-sides ones and it also feels a bit like cheating too.

but here we go:
Metal Gear Solid V - 4 points (looooooove the original one!)
Horizon Zero Dawn - 1 point (looooooove the original one!)
Final Fantasy Type 0 - 1 points

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution thanks for the tag, it's been a bit hectic lately i forgot about this

Anyway as for my vote

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Collectors Edition 3 points

MGSV 2 points

Dragon's Crown Pro 1 point

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Th3solution

Alright, time to wrap up this opening phase of Round 2 voting! Polls are closed and I will turn the reigns over to @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy to tally the votes and report.

The top 4 will advance to the Round 2 semifinals.

When we get the voting tabulation, then we’ll move onto the next phase and I’ll post more about it. I like to call this next group: A Slice of Nintendo

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Just doing a double check on the total scores @Th3solution ... It's a VERY close top 3

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

In last place with 0 points and in turn unfortunately had no votes at all is Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn

in joint 11th with 1 point each is Persona 5 Royal & Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

In joint 10th place with 2 points each is Catherine Full Body Launch Edition & The Division

With a total of 4 points Dragon's Crown Pro comes in at 9th

A threeway tie is next with Final Fantasy Type-0, Persona 5 & Yakuza 4 all vying for 8th with 5 points a piece

Dark Souls II's Steelbook has a respectable 6 points in 7th place

Another (and our last in fact) tie at 6th place with 7 points is Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood & Dark Souls Trilogy

at fifth and just missing out on placing is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with 8 points

Here's our winners that are going to advance.

In 4th place is
Untitled
Horizon Zero Dawn with a grand total of 13 points

Our top three are actually just a point apart from one another.

In a very respectable 3rd place is
Untitled
Monster Hunter World Iceborne with 17 points

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Untitled
takes the silver/2nd Place with 18 points

With 19 points and the "winner" of the Steelbook grouping is Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Untitled

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Top drawer! Those are some close, but satisfying results!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Th3solution @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy sweet result. To be fair the whole competition was good for this sub group.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Excellent Foxy! Thanks a bunch!
I love it.

FullbringIchigo

how did Type-0 not do better, that is some amazing Yoshitaka Amano artwork on there

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Th3solution

While you peruse the results from the opening phase of Round 2, feel free to comment, but I also want to get the next stage of voting started.

For the next phase, I am doing things slightly differently. Rather than post the list of titles, I have moved the group into a separate album, so you’ll need to go to the album to scroll through the titles. The link is at the bottom of this post.

”A Slice of Nintendo”

The group consists of 35 game covers from the master list that are primarily Nintendo games. It may not be every single Nintendo exclusive from the Round 2 master list, but it is the obvious ones that I pulled out at a glance. Don’t worry too much if I made a mistake and included a non-Nintendo game or I left a Nintendo exclusive behind. The purpose here is just to gradually pare down the list in phases. Pitting similar groups together is how I’m doing it, but it’s by no means an exact science.

9 of the 35 will join the above 4 Steelbook group winners and advance.

So without further ado here are the voting instructions:

• Pick your favorite 5 entries
  • Rather than point distribution, your very favorite will get 2 points. The remaining 4 will each get 1 point.
  • Put your favorite selection at the top, for ease of counting later.

Example:

My vote would be —

Fatal Frame 5 - 2 points
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Ed
Xenoblade Chromicles 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
No More Heroes 2

Pro Tips -
-be sure to be specific when you vote since some games here are alternate covers of the same game.
-also be sure to actually click on the image to appreciate the full version of the cover art because if you’re on a mobile device the preview image is just part of it and you need to see the full effect to adequately judge some of these beauties.

Here is the album with all 35 entries:

https://ibb.co/album/k1XRfa

nessisonett

Ooh, most of mine are here since I went on a Wii binge 😂😂

Pandora’s Tower - 2 points
No More Heroes 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
Lost in Shadow
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

WanderingBullet

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition ⭐⭐
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem Awakening
Lost in Shadow
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Ralizah

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 2 pts
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Special Edition
Pandora's Tower
Octopath Traveler
The Last Story

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Special Edition - 2 Points

Pandora's Tower - 1 Point
Octopath Traveller - 1 Point
Lost In Shadow - 1 Point
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - 1 Point

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.