Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 3,698

Nei

@ArkhamKnerd oh serious preparation - isn't young Prompto adorable? Hope you enjoy it, and happy birthday in advance
@kyleforrester87 so jelly, I can't wait to get my hands on XII! I think I am going to like it even more this time around...

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD I can only assume that it was such a drastic departure from what came before that it turned a lot of people off - I know it did me. But years later I am really enjoying it for what it is. The improved job system is cool so far, I didn't realise each character could switch between two jobs (once unlocked on the license board) until last night. I'm salivating at the possibilities now!

@Feena did you complete it before? How long is it if you mainline the story do you reckon?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Nei

@kyleforrester87 It's pretty darn long. 70+ hours affair - but I am generally slow with RPGS. (Hello 180 hours of Persona 5 and still haven't finished)

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 ME, it's on route as i type, should be here later

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

Me me me

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 yep i completed the PS2 version years ago (in fact bar FFXI & XIV as they are MMO's i have completed EVERY main single player FF game)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@ArkhamKnerd happy biffday and a great game. Have fun.

@kyleforrester87 it will be interesting to see how long it takes you to beat ff12, Ive had no inclination to go back but watching you playing through the section with balthier and fran I'm really tempted.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Nei

@themcnoisy Let's play it McNoisy I think we will appreciate it more now than when we first played it.

themcnoisy

@Feena I've played it twice.... Haha 😂. OK I'm gonna make a bigger start on P5 tonight and pickup ff12 if it's in town tomorrow.

Can't wait to see the simpler license board, that was a weak link of ff12 imo. I also hope the game fires out faster gambits (gambitoids?) half my crew had a gambit of using potions at x% of hp most of the way through my last run. And as a true FF fan there's no way I'm happy until I've stocked 99 of those babies. So a lot more early choice with the gambits would be appreciated.

So yes I will grab it too,!

themcnoisy

Ohhhhnoooo

I've just realized the Sony Japan sale is on.

So this is the choice I face (help me please team)

Final Fantasy 4 complete edition and World of final Fantasy

Or

Final Fantasy 12 hd

They will cost roughly the same as I will trade Beserk in for ff12 and pay the £20 difference. What should I pick?

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy FF12 is more than twice as appealing than FF4 and WoFF combined so it's a no brainer, FF12 for me. When I'm putting this much time into a game, £10-£20 doesn't factor into the decision too much.

The WoFF demo was a real slog I found, FF4 is pretty cool though.

All these games will be in another sale in 2-3 months anyway. And WOFF is like £15 in cex.

Of course you played FF12 twice, so there is that.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@KratosMD @kyleforrester87 Thanks for the feedback, I may leave Woff, going into town for the heady heights of game and grainger games. If I can make the trade with no cash then ff4 will be getting bought too.

finalstan

Played some FFXII last night and really like what I see, even with very minimal access to anything. I had to read some early guides on job combinations, so I've set myself up in such a way that I know roughly what first job I want for who that works well with a chosen secondary one but when I get there I might still want to change my mind on that second role as I gain more experience using the boards, familiarising myself with the systems etc. I could've been agonising over this for ages so had to go with a simpler approach. Also, already really love the speed button for traversal!

Edited on by finalstan

finalstan

PSN: Ezofil

kyleforrester87

@finalstan I didn't really pay much mind to my primary job choices on all characters but I'm being a bit more considerate on the second selections. Been working on black magic yesterday. I'm struggling to progress in the story though as I'm getting side tracked with the hunts and grinding exp & lp lol.

I'm about 20 hours in and more or less just got to Ozmone Plain.. about how far through the story am I, anybody?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

you know FFXII really does still look great

Untitled

also loving the new Zodiac Licence Board, it's like a mix between the old Job System and the FFX Sphere Grid

belmont

Got the game! I also have the official guide from the PS2 games so I may use it for the Platinum hunt. The 2X-4X Speed may male the grinding less tedious than it was in the original game.

I remember vaguely some methods to overpower Vaan in the start and have the other characters join at high levels with a lot of LP. I may search and try something.

@kyleforrester87 I don't remember exactly how far you are but I remember the place giving me nightmares. For some reason I was killed easily there and had to do some grinding. There is a good place there suggested in the official guide, if memory serves right.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

NathanUC

(FFXIV) I had THE MOST exciting limit break. Very minor Stormblood spoilers:
So my wife (the healer) and I were doing our roulette and got the Royal Menagerie... with pretty poor luck getting this done our first time, we prepared for the worst...
4 of these people have NEVER done this trial before. This was our FIRST TRY. props to those 4 for figuring it out live since even with a guide/help that's fairly impressive. Anyways, some players made minor mistakes and we almost wiped, but thankfully no one wasted the LB. Honey Love was able to cast the LB and save the whole run. Talk about exciting...
She did die in an animation lock at the end though. I cut that part out.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic