Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 3,696

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo Honestly I say Tide-us because I thought it was a clever play on the word tide since like water and like waves and stuff. I was 8 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

lol I also said "Tide-us." In fact, I still do.

Also, Aeris > Aerith

And Pluto is still a planet!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett i get that i think that's why most do it but most people also don't know that the names come from the original draft of FFX and have nothing to do with the Tides or water, Tidus and Yuna actually represent the Sun and the Moon because originally the game was going to revolve around the stars and celestial bodies

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah i thought Pluto was a dog
Untitled

(P.S i prefer Aerith if i'm honest, it's a closer connection to the anagram of Earth it's meant to be)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WanderingBullet

@Feena I see... that's cool. So far Zack's was only playable in Crisis Core, right?

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo Random question, does any of the DLC for FFXV (the Royal DLC in particular I would imagine) do anything to help the mostly terrible side-quests of FFXV?

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 the Royal Edition is basically just the original game with the season pass and Royal Pass, it adds nothing but the character episodes, a few items and the like BUT it does make one huge change to the last chapter, so much so in fact that it's nothing like it originally was

Thrillho

One thing from playing the demo is that I was somehow unaware of the summons that will be coming as DLC or pre-order/special edition bonuses (I’ve since noticed a recent article on this site about the issue).

Kind of sad they’re doing that as I always think DLC available from day one is the worst cash grab. At least these characters aren’t from the original game (as summons anyway).

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

so there is a little misconception about the development of the FFVII Remake, that is the version of the game we a re getting now is the same one that was shown back in 2015, well it isn't to cut a long story short Square Enix was working with a company called CyberConnect2 on the production but due to various circumstances including CC2 refusing to redo the designs of the characters to more closely match the more familiar Advent Children design so in 2017 the partnership broke down and Square had to start again from scratch and i for one am glad because the designs CC2 wanted to use just seemed off

for comparison CyberConnect2
Untitled

Square Enix in house
Untitled

the reason i say all this is because many people think the second part will take just as long but i don't think it will, the first part is done and thus many assets are already finished, the battle system, character models and animations and much of the music for examples

so what i'm saying is relax people i don't think you will be waiting too long for part 2

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Yeah some people have been saying like it's gonna be something 10 years before it is finished. I wish they would look into things a bit more before rushing to assumptions.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@JohnnyShoulder @FullbringIchigo I understand what happened clearly. However, SE has a huge habit of this, even FFXV’s dlc was affected by it even though it was just DLC for crying out loud. The base was even more down there. Whether it’s giving to redo stuff after separating with a studio, creative issues, or whatever, something always happens. SE has a cursed track record which suggests issues will happen again. There’s no way they make the rest of the FF7 Remakes without issues. I’ll have to see it to believe it.

Jaz007

WanderingBullet

@JohnnyShoulder Didn't SE say that they themselves weren't sure how many games (parts) it's gonna take for the series to complete?

Personally, I'll be okay if they release each part every one and a half or maybe two years I guess.

@FullbringIchigo Thing is that many people said that the 2015 footage looked awesome. Also, never heard anyone complained about Cloud's character design back then. But I do agree that SE's redesigns looks better. I think Cloud's face now is a bit more similar to the Cloud we saw in Advent Children. Also, it does help that visually it also looks even better now.

nessisonett

@WanderingBullet For want of a better word, Cloud looked a wee bit too ‘twink’ for my liking. Same problem with V in DmCV for me, the arms just get me every time.

WanderingBullet

@nessisonett To be fair Final Fantasy has a lot of androgynous looking male leads. Only one that I can think of at the moment that doesn't have that look is the FFXIV protagonist.

Fan favorite Yoshitaka Amano characters always tend to look androgynous as well.

nessisonett

@WanderingBullet Not all of them lug around huge ass swords though, you’d think that would make you buff 😂😂

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet They have also said the next parts will not take as long to make for the reasons already mentioned.

@Jaz007 Sorry I wasn't referring to you or anything, more like the randoms in the comments section.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 yeah for the past 6-7 years Square development has been, shall we say "spotty" at best but i believe that the big restructure they did last year was to try and fix the issue they had with their development studios and they do seem to be a bit more on the ball now

like you said wait and see but i think it will be fine

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet there was a lot of discussion about it back when the first trailer dropped, i even recall people saying Cloud looked like a long term drug user, not really a good thing for people to associate with your character

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD it would be, FFV is the underrated gem if the series, it deserves more love

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic