Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

so i have a question, does anyone have some funny or silly Final Fantasy stories

for example, i was playing Final Fantasy VIII when it first came out and i left it on Rinoa's name select screen to go make something to eat and when i came back i found my mum had changed her name to Bet (my mums name) and saved it as a joke and i wasn't willing to start over as it was my first play through so i had to go through the whole game with Rinoa named after my mum

still it was a better name than the one i gave Red XIII on FFVII (i called him Rover because he looked like a dog)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD they are separate from the main game because the main game is seen from Noctis point of view in fact it's actually better to play the episodes after you finish FFXV, at least the first time anyway as they contain spoilers for later chapters and they all play differently

the Royal Pack is fully integrated into the game though

basically play XV then the episodes and it will be fine

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

Hands down the BEST Final Boss battle music in the entire series

The Extreme FFVIII

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD well the Royal pack is fully integrated into the game so you don't need to worry about that and the episodes are done in such a way as they don't need to integrated into the main game but something else i forgot to mention is that chapter 13 had an update after release that allows you to play it from 2 points of view, Noctis or Gladio and you can chose which one you want to do plus change whenever you want at safe rooms if you want too but i would suggest playing through the Noctis route first as this has a few story building moments and then maybe the other route if you decide to play through the game again (or you can also play this from the main menu separately if you like)

as for the movie, it does explain a few things and lets you see what happens after Noctis leaves insomnia but it's not necessary to watch if you don't want too

FullbringIchigo

you know i honour of the FINAL FANTASY VIII Remaster announcement i'm re-sharing my Squall fan art

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

so i saw in the comments of a FFX vid that people are still arguing over how Tidus is pronounced and i thought, is this really still going on

if anyone is wondering it's TEE-DUS not TIE-DUS (and yes Square has said that when it was pronounced Tie-dus in Kingdom Hearts 2 that was a mistake by the actress doing the line) but basically the reason it's Tee-dus is because it's derived from the word tida ("tee-dah") in an Okinawan dialect means sun. Yuna is the opposite representing moon.

i know people think it's Tie as in Tide because of how much Water has to do with the game BUT the name was decided way back before that happened when in the original draft it was about the cycle of the sun and the moon

of course if Tidus was real we all know what he would say about all the arguing

Untitled

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo I always thought it was Tide-uz. Seymour is See-more. Wakka is Wake-air.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@ApostateMage That's Khimaris special move you are dissing!

I've edited my original comment it was made in good jest, but it read pretty badly so I've edited it.

themcnoisy

As a Final Fantasy Grand Master @FullbringIchigo I would like to hear your opinion on a few things.

Which games has the 3 best characters?

Which game has the best overarching story?

Which is the most memorable boss fight?

Which game has the most left field side quest?

ApostateMage

@FullbringIchigo Nice drawing.
I've never played FFVIII so I can't help but only see Michael Jackson from his Thriller days.

ApostateMage

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy first off sorry for taking so long to get back but you know, work and sleep

anyway and keep in mind these are personal opinions of course

Which games has the 3 best characters?

for me FFIX, and those are Zidane who is one of the most well rounded protagonists of the entier franchise, Vivi oh poor Vivi, so tragic and Dagger you get to see her grow from a naive Princess into a powerful Queen with a believable arc too, yeah most of the games have a great cast of characters but IX were the most well rounded and fleshed out and in some cases they were quite tragic

Which game has the best overarching story?

tough one but i think i'm going to have to say FFVI there are lots of twists and turns and bar a few silly moments grows quite well from a young woman unsure as to who or what she really is to grand fight for the future of the planet plus it's one of the few games in the series where the Baddie actually does what he set out to do

Which is the most memorable boss fight?

well it might be a bit of a cheat here but FFVIII in particular the final Boss/Bosses, not to spoil anything as the remaster is soon out but the gradual escalation of the fight as it goes from one segment to the next getting harder with each one and the the music in this segment was some of if not the best in the entire franchise that perfectly suits the escalating threat of each part especially "The Extreme"

Which game has the most left field side quest?

well there have been a few but i'm going to say FFIX and the Ragtime Mouse side quest, basically sometimes you will get into a fight in a forest and instead of fighting you have to answer a quiz, i mean WTH!, some random monster will pop out and ask you true or false questions

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo I never did get past them in FFVIII. In fact I don't think I've ever beaten a FF game!

Maybe FFX, but I don't remember the ending.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder the only ones i didn't finish are FFXI and FFXIV but those are MMO's and as such don't really have an ending anyway plus with money as it is i don't play them anymore, can't warrant the cost right now but who knows maybe one day they will go F2P or offline and i can play them again

all the other's i have finished but i will admit that i still to this day can't beat Omega Weapon on FFVIII, maybe in the remake i will finally be able too

beat the optional bosses in all the other though but for example Penance was a B**** of a fight, Ozma was easy as long as you have Shadow and Holy defense, the FFVII Weapons were easy too, the ones in FFXII was hard but with the correct Gambit set up are doable and in honestly with the Adamantoise in FFXV it's more a test of endurance than anything else (unless you take the easy way out and use Arcana, i didn't and it took me 2 and a half hours but i was only level 45 at the time)

Thrillho

@FullbringIchigo I think I did best Omega weapon and pretty much all you get is a congratulatory note in game.

I’d actually prefer to play a FF8 remake. I’ve played 7 so much but have only finished 8 once (despite starting the game numerous times).

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho hey at least in the remaster it's probably worth a trophy this time

themcnoisy

@ApostateMage they are actually talking to Tidus and shouting 'homeless'

@JohnnyShoulder I found the FF8 end boss pretty tough as I had 2 characters at max level but did it on my second go (the enemies scale to your level in FF8) - you just can't take that gamble of getting an extra hit in rather than healing up like we all do from time to time.

@FullbringIchigo Thank you for taking the time to answer. I have ff6 on the snes mini and really need to get around to replaying it again.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy i'm currently playing through it again on my PSVita

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic