Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho they should make that the Trophy icon

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@Thrillho I don't think I have ever fought omega weapon. What's the one in the underwater base called?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy you mean the one in the Deep Sea Research Center, that was Ultima Weapon

i did beat him

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

working through the Achievements on the XB1 version of FINAL FANTASY XV and finally got this one

Untitled

and the fight was as long as i remember it being but it would have been quicker if i used the Ring of the Lucii but that's cheating in my book and if you do it that way you SHOULDN'T get the Trophy/Achievement

i'm doing it because i'm trying to match the Platinum i got on the PS4 version, and i LOVE FFXV

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo It took me ages too. And I nearly died. Great fight though and the initial woooah moment when you see him.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy yeah it was a long one for sure but so rewarding once you finally beat him

anyway onto something new

When i got all these on the original PS2 release of Final Fantasy X i swore to myself "NEVER AGAIN" but while playing the HD Remaster i found myself going for them AGAIN
Untitled

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? (P.S i took this picture with my phone, it's from my original PS2 game save)

kyleforrester87

What’s the crack with the level scaling in FF8 then, I never did quite understand it, but basically it’s not worth trying to get OP as every 10-20 levels or whatever the enemies will jump with you, right? And is this the only traditional FF game that works like this? It always seemed like a major bummer to me but maybe I’m missing something.

And yes I will be getting the FF8 remaster and trying once again to get to the credits. If I don’t lose my mind in that damn prison.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 the reason you may dislike FF8 is the typical levelling is not really the ideal way to play the game. You want stat buffs through the guardian forces whilst maintaining a lowish level.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Monster_(Final_Fantasy_V...

Check out that link to give you a better idea.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy oh mannn give me the condensed I’m an idiot version!

(It didn’t actually load either)

But how can you maintain a low level unless you just run away from the battles 🤷‍♂️

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 you can rank enemies down

Edited on by themcnoisy

BowTiesAreCool

@FullbringIchigo still never fought him. He used to scare me whenever I saw him. To be honest anything underwater used to give me the heebiejeebies. Even Ecco the Dolphin on the MegaDrive I used to stay on the surface level haha

BowTiesAreCool

FullbringIchigo

@BowTiesAreCool well to be fair the location is underwater BUT your not swimming or anything your just in an underwater facility

besides you need to go there to get the Bahamut and Eden GF's and Eden is the best in the game

FullbringIchigo

So as this a FINAL FANTASY thread i thought i would ask a question about everyone's habits when it comes to FF games and that is

are there any characters in FF games you NEVER use because lets be honest not EVERY character is a good one in fights, they might be great characters in their own right but in battle they are pretty worthless or perhaps there are other reasons why you choose not to use a certain character

anyway a good poster goes first so

Umaro FFVI, well that game had a large cast of which many were pretty useless but this guy was the worse of the bunch, he literally filled no role at all, he was just there

Aerith FFVII first off LET ME EXPLAIN i think Aerith is a brilliant character and really handy in battle too BUT knowing what happens later in the game i normally don't bother using her unless i have to as i don't see the point in using all that time building her up when i could be building up other characters instead

Amarant FFIX anyone who has played FFIX knows what i'm talking about, he brings literally NOTHING to the game at all

Hope FFXIII while he is handy at the start once you get access to everybody he becomes useless, all the roles he mains in EVERYONE else does better, Vanille is a better Healer, Lightning is a better Synergist and Snow is a better Saboteur

so those are mine how about you?

Thrillho

FF7: Cait Sith. What's the point.

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho to get the Black Materia, other than that nothing, he doesn't even get a level 3 limit break

kyleforrester87

To be fair, Cait Siths dice limit got me through Materia Keeper the first time I ever played as I was way under levelled and trapped at the save point just before him.

But generally I wouldn’t use him. I also don’t use Yuffie coz screw her. I don’t like Vincent either, his character design annoys me and his limits are rubbish.

Amarant in FF9 is pretty dull so I don’t bother with him. Quina has the cool blue magic (level 5 death for those pesky dragons) but otherwise I don’t bother with him/her either.

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 i think Quina is only really handy on the way to cleyra because she/he can learn white wind and you don't have a white mage in your party at that point

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 true but it certainly helps for some of the later areas

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic