Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 3,698

Nei

@FullbringIchigo Don't forget to tell us how it runs etc. ^O^

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena yeah i will, probably tomorrow though i want to spend some time with it first

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Feena of course if you want to know more about how the BC version is you could always read this eurogamer article

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-final-...

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

@FullbringIchigo The approach Microsoft took with this one is very interesting! And though I get the ps3 version still has an edge for the (incredible) image quality because of the direct from Blu ray in the CGI and cutscenes portions, this actually makes want a remaster version because with SE you know that the original models had incredibles details we could and could not see...FF12 is testament to that

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

@Feena yeah if they announced a proper remaster of the game for PS4 then i would order it in a heartbeat

FullbringIchigo

in case anyone is wondering the 360 version of FFXIII sits at a little over 30gb on the XB1 BC
Untitled

and in terms of how it looks and plays well i only have a XB1s so i can't attest to how it looks on the XB1X but on the s i would say it's a bit better than the PS3 version in terms of looks BUT not by much although it has much better load times

i would say if you have the PS3 version then that will do you fine
Untitled

EDIT: in case anyone is wondering yes that is a model of Slave-1, Legolas, Lady Yunalesca from FFX and Deathguise from FFIX at the base of my TV and yes it is sitting on top of a VHS player, you heard right a VHS player, i have loads of VHS's

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

So here is a question for the Final Fantasy fans out there

which game had the best Trailer, we all know games can have some pretty epic trailers but which FF game had the best, it doesn't matter if the game was changed afterwards or if it was cancelled just has to be epic

as for me i honestly can't decide between the FFXIII My Hands Trailer

FFVsXIII to FFXV trailer

or the FFVII Remake Trailer

remember these are MY choices and you don't have to pick any of these if you don't want to

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Nei

FFvsXIII is XV is my favourite though it left me so scarred that I once dreamed they announced KH3 was FFXVI... True Story, true emotional scars. I want Nomura JUST in the character designer seat and far removed from everything else

Jaz007

I would prob say the FFXV announcement trailer, but at the same time, great as FFXV is, that trailer is made of up of stuff that didn’t make it into the game. So I’m sure if it should be counted.

On a side note, I remember seeing someone jump off a really tall building in the little community thing below on Agake on the PS4, where visors will automatically play. I never saw a tall building where Noctis would start flailing if he jumped off of it? Can anyone explain what that is?

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 nope it still counts, it's an official trailer for a Final Fantasy game even if that version was scraped

and besides those are just my choices you don't need to pick from those 3 trailers if you don't want to

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo I’ll take that. The FFXV trailer is one of the most hype inspiring trailers I’ve ever seen.
And I’m too lazy to go beyond your trailers.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

My favourite trailer was Persona 5 at an E3 one time I think. It actually made me buy the PS4.

As for Final Fantasy trailers I don't watch them. I can kind of remember FF15 but it was way different than the actual game.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

mookysam

@FullbringIchigo That XIII trailer is great. Especially the bit where Fang says she has a few screws loose. I knew a lot of it by heart at one point as my FFXIII hype was through the roof. Not actually seen too many Final Fantasy trailers other than the XIII series and XV ones.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Nei

I read somewhere that they weren't satisfied with the Luna portion of the combat and thus it was scrapped... Truly a pity

FullbringIchigo

@Kindaichi while Luna would have been interesting to have story wise it would never have made sense anyway through the entire game your searching for Luna and then once you find her she is killed by Ardyn so having her in your team just wouldn't work

now adding Aranea permanently or at least a way to summon her at will would be great and could still be done because they have said they still have a team working on updates for the game

FullbringIchigo

@Kindaichi it's possible like i said they still have some people working on it

still i think overall it's for the best that they finally ended production on FFXV, time for them to move onto finishing FFVII Remake and FFXVI

FullbringIchigo

@Kindaichi the main team has moved on but there are still people working on XV according to the announcement video

Jaz007

I don’t think any of them were ever gonna be permanent party members. Adding a female would change party dynamic a lot. It’s focused on the Brotherhood, and well the tone and way they interact would be a bit different with a permanent female party member. An ability to add one of the game’s girls to the party temporarily sure, or a longer story section, but it was never gonna be a permanent thing.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 you have that after the end game, when you go "back to the past" sometimes Aranea will randomly jump into a battle with you then fly off once it's over but i think they should add a way to summon her like you can with a Chocobo

same with summons there should be a gauge that fills up as you take damage and once it's full you can call a summon by pressing L2 which brings up a menu like the comrade commands where you can pick which summon you want but with similar restrictions IE: no Leviathan unless your near water and after battle it resets

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo That would be cool. I like that idea. It’d also be funny if Gladio just never let you drive when she was around.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic