Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 3,696

ApostateMage

The best Final Fantasy game that I've played in years is Heavensward, the first expansion of FFXIV. I know it's an MMO but I thought the story and the adventure it took you on was rather good. As always, the music was brilliant, too.

ApostateMage

DerMeister

@kyleforrester87 @themcnoisy @kyleforrester87 @FullbringIchigo I'm another fan of Type-0. It has it's niggles but I still enjoy it. I haven't finished it though.

@ApostateMage I'm not an MMO player, but I've been wanting to try XIV. I've heard nothing but praise for it since it relaunched.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

FullbringIchigo

@DerMeister XIV is a great game although i had to stop playing it a while ago, i don't have enough free time to warrant the cost

i just wish it had some kind of free 2 play option, even if it meant having a level cap and no access to top tier weapons and items

and speaking of f2p why FFXI hasn't gone f2p yet is beyond me

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

DerMeister

@FullbringIchigo Is XI still running? I thought it'd be dead by now.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

FullbringIchigo

@DerMeister yeah it's still going and they are still charging for it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

DerMeister

@FullbringIchigo Jeezus, that's crazy. The game is older than most children by now.

FullbringIchigo

@DerMeister i know hence why it's strange it's not gone free 2 play yet, especially with XIV out as well

kyleforrester87

This is still SE but not sure it warrants its own topic as it may not have any/many fans, but does anyone play Star Ocean? I kind of had my eye on The Last Hope. It's cheap but I'm not sure I want to start such a big RPG that I might dislike.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 i have, the series isn't the best but they are enjoyable, well apart from Integrity and Faithlessness that was a bore fest but as for The Last Hope it was probably the best game in the series so yeah as it's cheap i would say it's worth it

FullbringIchigo

HEY i managed to finally get that Episode Gladiolus screen shot off the XB1, you know the one where the assets didn't load in and Gladio was walking on thin air, i posted it in the Screenshot thread

https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/retro_and_other_gaming/the_t...

FullbringIchigo

SO how many of these have you played?

and yes i have played them all and completed them as well bar FFXI and FFXIV as they are MMO's and can't really be "completed"

mookysam

@FullbringIchigo Played them all except V, XI and XIV. V is on my to-play list. I have it on my phone but would rather play the GBA version. Also planning to play XIV at some point. I got that in a sale a while ago on the PS4.

I really love this series. My favourites are IV, VI, VII and X, although I've enjoyed all the ones I've played and found that they all have things to appreciate.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam i did FFVII 100% you know back on the PS1, i did everything even buying the villa in Costa del Sol

mookysam

@FullbringIchigo I didn't even know you could buy a villa. Hopefully when I play the PS4 version I'll do a lot of the extra bits I missed first time round.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam yep but it costs a lot

i played that game so much on the PS1 that the timer stopped as it couldn't go any higher and i have so much Gil the whole number can't fit on the screen

kyleforrester87

@FullbringIchigo to be fair the timer stopped at 99.99.59 which is pretty standard for a lot of games these days lol. My Xenoblade Chronicles 2 save is around 200 hours and still lots to do.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 i honestly have no idea how many hours i have played that game for, i know in FFIX when you get to the timer limit it changes colour and restart from 0:00:00

Nei

@FullbringIchigo I played and finished everything but I, II (played them bit run out of stamina / got distracted by other stuff before finishing Then), XI and XIV that... can't be really completed. Found things to like in every FF I played so far

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

so this finally arrived
Untitled

time to jump back into this underrated Final Fantasy that gets more hate than it deserves as it's now on the XB1 BC program

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic