Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution @KratosMD i think that's the reason they are releasing just these FF games on the Switch and XB1, each one offers a unique take on the FF formula and i know FFVII and IX have similar battle systems but the games also have a lot of differences so you get a good variety with this collection of games i think

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

I am glad the Nintendo fanbase is finally getting some real jrpg masterpieces so maybe we can move past the stage where they would hail Bravely Default or Xeboblade Chronicles as the best in the genre...now we need FFIV-V-VI with the original sprites, square!

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Th3solution

@KratosMD Yeah, I don’t play the off-shoot games (like Chrystal Chronicles, World of Final Fantasy, or Dissidia) except for direct sequels and I fell behind at FF13-3 Lightning Returns. Well...actually never finished FF13-2, but I probably got half way. In defense of the series, at least the latter games have changed the combat system and gameplay enough to keep them fresh. One of these days I’ll get around to FF15.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution Dissidia games are fun and one of the best Opera Omnia is free to play on Mobile and unlike a lot of F2P games it's NOT hostile towards the player, you can play the game and get everything you need without spending a single penny

i HIGHLY recommend Opera Omnia and if you never played it Crisis Core but you will need a PSP for that

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

OH and current rumour is that the reason Final Fantasy VIII isn't being released on current systems is because of a licencing issue with the Song "Eyes on Me" as it is not only owned by Square Enix but also owned by Faye Wong and Toshiba-EMI and this is a song that can not be replaced as it's a core aspect of the narrative of the game

and this isn't to hard to believe after all Sonic 3 and Knuckles wasn't on the Mega Drive collection because of the same reasons

also i have to wonder if this kind of thing will impact FFXV in the future with the game having "Stand by Me" by Florence and the Machine in the game?

perhaps it would be better for games to NOT have licensed music in them

Nei

FullbringIchigo wrote:

OH and current rumour is that the reason Final Fantasy VIII isn't being released on current systems is because of a licencing issue with the Song "Eyes on Me" as it is not only owned by Square Enix but also owned by Faye Wong and Toshiba-EMI and this is a song that can not be replaced as it's a core aspect of the narrative of the game

and this isn't to hard to believe after all Sonic 3 and Knuckles wasn't on the Mega Drive collection because of the same reasons

also i have to wonder if this kind of thing will impact FFXV in the future with the game having "Stand by Me" by Florence and the Machine in the game?

perhaps it would be better for games to NOT have licensed music in them

Oh interesting!

Kidfried

@FullbringIchigo "perhaps it would be better for games to NOT have licensed music in them"

I think of game studios and the people working there as artists, who create a piece of art and not nessecarily a product, that has to adhere to all kinds of practical standards.

I think if the creatives there feel it adds to the game, the story they want to tell to include licensed music in there, than I think they should do that and not feel restrained by the thought of a possible remaster 20 years later.

I just finished Life is Strange Before The Storm, which contains a load of licensed music, and man, does it elevate the game much at times. I think running the risk of there be no remaster for the game in twenty years from now is well worth the experience now.

But that's just my take of course.

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

well this is now a little awkward isn't it

Untitled

@Kidfried OH licensed music certainly can add to a game there is no doubt about that but it can cause issues later on and it's not so much the music itself but on who sings it. Square wouldn't be having this issue if they never got Faye Wong to sing the song, if they did it all in house with their own singer then there would be no issue

so perhaps i was wrong saying licensed music but should have instead said a licensed or professional singer/musician because they get some control over the songs they make

FullbringIchigo

so apparently FFXV and a few other games (Terra Wars, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and DJ Nobunaga) are getting a collab event that will see new in game FFXV themed events and content coming to those games and FFXV getting content based on those games

Apparently Sarah of Terra Wars will be appearing to join your party in FFXV
Untitled

and for example Shadow of the Tomb Raider offers new Lara Croft-style gear for your Comrades avatar
Untitled

It's out September 25 in Japan but i can't find any info about if this will see the light of day outside of Japan but i hope it will, it looks interesting

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/final-fantasy-xv-x-terra-wars-tom...

WanderingBullet

Pretty cool. Collaborations or crossovers - you don't see this a lot in Western games.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Nei

I hope we get the Terra Wars collab. She looks amazing. A bit like Agnes Oblige from Bravely Default.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena Good news, we have in fact got the Terra Wars collab

i played it this morning and it's pretty fun

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

So i wanted to get discussions restarted on here so i thought about a simple poll

Do you want a Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy Remaster on PS4/XB1/Switch

now i know FFXIII is a divisive game to say the least but i think it could do well on the current systems

Untitled

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo If they bundled all 3 games together then I think it would interest some, including me. I like XIII and played about halfway through XIII-2 and never got around to Lightning Returns.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution Lightning Returns was a pretty good game i thought although the timed aspect could become a little annoying at times

oh i also added "Trilogy" to the question because your right any release should include all 3 games

mookysam

@FullbringIchigo That would be pretty good. On the whole I really enjoyed the trilogy and there's lots to like about the games. Lightning is one of my favourite Final Fantasy characters. XIII-2 is underrated, and I guess a lot of people missed out on it after the backlash against XIII. The monster collecting was a fun system. I still can't wrap my head fully around the stuff about Yeul though.

I think Lightning Returns would benefit from a remaster as it was a little rough round the edges. I played all three on the Xbox 360, and the port for XIII was crap, so it would be nice to play it all shiny and new without the low resolution and grainy compressed cut scenes.

The music is rather excellent, especially in XIII-2.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo I wouldn't have any interest. It just doesn't sound that great, they come across as decent games lacking in the story department. I can't spend the amount of time that trilogy wants on something just decent. If a game is long, it needs to justify itself.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam from what i remember Yeul was a seeress who can see all possible futures but each time she has a vision it damages her until they eventually kill her but after each death she reincarnates in a new body to go through it again and again for all eternity

Nei

@FullbringIchigo I actually like XIII's combat system a lot and ejoy the esthetics of the game. A revamped version of the first game with more stuff to do besides progressing and killing would be lovely.

XIII-2 was an ok game but I was so bummed by the story, Serah and Noel...Lightning Returns was brilliant and so ahead of its time but the story portion was already terribly compromised by XIII-2.

So just the first game for me 😉

Edited on by Nei

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic