Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 321 to 340 of 4,717

themcnoisy

I've heard the cloud future being touted a lot.

Computer systems like PS, Switch, Xbox are goto big Presents for Xmas. If the big 3 give up hardware then people will look elsewhere and someone will step up.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ryall

Indeed we’ve had both the steam machine and the shield fail this generation. If the PlayStation and Xbox hadn’t existed I might well have got one of them. @themcnoisy

Ryall

WebHead

Another thing to consider too is that google is debuting its new gaming platform on March 19th. Their streaming device will be announced there too and possibly be released later this year.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

JJ2

Ms wants game pass on PlayStation haha
Spencer: 'We want to bring Game Pass to any device that somebody wants to play on,”
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/microsoft-xbox-game-pass...

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Jaz007

So Sony will have exclusives and MS won’t? That’ll end well for them. Please don’t stop giving some competition to Sony MS.

Jaz007

WebHead

@Jaz007 Xbox as you knew it in the past is over. Its not a tied down console anymore. Its a platform/service/ecosystem. Xbox hardware will become like the Surface brand is for Windows.

WebHead

JohnnyShoulder

Even if MS were to have game pass on a Sony console, I doubt I would use it that much. A tenner a montj to play that one exclusive I'm only sort of interested in? I don't think so.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WebHead

I say if PS5 does not release in March 2020 then I expect September. Thats right before/in time for the big fall games and gives them just enough time to resupply stock for christmas. Plus Sony doesn't like to release their games very late in the year. No objectively good reason to wait until November.

WebHead

Ryall

@WebHead Are you expecting a simultaneous global release or do you think they’ll do different regions on different months again this time?

Ryall

WebHead

@Ryall I expect America and Europe to be simultaneous but Japan and lower tier countries perhaps later. America and Europe will definitely take priority.

WebHead

WebHead

Not to mention March is right in time for tax returns. That plus PS4 trade ins means no real stress to need to save money in advance. And you get the supply chain ready for the holiday. When scarlett sells out there'd be plenty of ps5 systems on shelves.

WebHead

BAMozzy

Interesting video that explains the problems with Back Compatibility, how its worked in the past and its popularity in independent studies.

I still think the only way to guarantee you get to play your old games will be by keeping your old consoles...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

WebHead

I hope PS5 PSN has digital trade in, rental and partial refunds.

WebHead

Kidfried

@WebHead I don't expect that's on the top of Sony's priority list for next gen, though.

Kidfried

WebHead

@Kidfried I'm sure we will get at least one of those. Sony wants more and more people to go digital. The listed stuff would help.

WebHead

WebHead

@Kidfried besides its sorta their job to improve psn to ensure people keep using and paying for their services regardless of where it "fits on their priority list."

WebHead

Jaz007

@WebHead We won’t have digital trade-in because that would mean people would an for used digital games cheaper, and as much as I think used games should always be there, that’s not a can of worms the industry should get into. People could also trade digital games or want to trade them far too much.

Jaz007

WebHead

@Jaz007 fine maybe not trade in but def rentals and partial refunds within a certain timeframe.

WebHead

JohnnyShoulder

Sony have no obligation to improve anything, only that it works and they fix things when they go wrong. Still I think you are right, they will probably will changes things up a but up for ps5, especially the UI for the console, whilst still keeping the same look and feel from ps4. But i don't expect any drastic changes to the trophy system or anything like that.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic