Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 341 to 360 of 4,712

WebHead

@JohnnyShoulder they do have an obligation to improve its their job to continue to improve playstation network and services. Same goes with Xbox and Nintendo.

I know its a PS forum but come on people.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

Kidfried

@WebHead It's hardly an obligation, but having consumer friendly services in place, could be a deciding factor in choosing a console for some.

We will never see game rental, though. Sony and Microsoft both have a subscription model, which now serves as the replacement for game rentals.

Movie rentals and music rentals have pretty much died too, now we have Netflix and Spotify.

Kidfried

Ryall

@WebHead To be honest those are all things that would have been possible on the PS3. I don’t see any reason why they should be implemented on the PS5 if thay haven’t done so already as it’s a software decision rather than being limited by hardware.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

WebHead

@Ryall well lets use anthem. It really sucks to spend so much money on a agame then to not be happy with it or to have it be a broken mess. I didn't buy the game but still. I dont think asking for some form of preper digital refund system is unreasonable.

WebHead

Octane

@WebHead Just don't pre-order games and wait for reviews.

Octane

Ryall

@WebHead
Will Anthem run on my PS4? Yes
Will YS six run on my PC? I managed to get it to work after adjusting the resolution it was trying to output at using the steam control panel.
The only risk you’re taking when you buy a PS4 game digitally is that you won’t like the game. With a PC game there’s always a risk that it won’t work. Either because your hardware is not capable or you don’t have the skills to configure it correctly.

Ryall

Kidfried

@Ryall I've bought quite a few classic (old!) games on GOG that I never actually got to work on my current computer. It's a very real thing.

Also, I don't think trade-in is really fair with games. There's games you can finish in six hours, how would that work?

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@WebHead Sony has been offering refunds on Anthem that were bought off the ps store.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/03/sony_awarding_anthem_...

If a product does not work, you have rights as a consumer for a full refund. If you have opened the game up and therefore broken the seal, and then decided to return the game to the store because you don't like it, good luck in getting a refund. At most they will most likely offer you the same game in exchange.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WebHead

Man i hope w get some leaks soon. The playstation news drought sucks. I understand Days Gone but still.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Jaz007

@Frigate They’ve said that already. They just haven’t done the real reveal.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@Frigate At some point they acknowledgement it, it just wasn’t a big deal because all did was acknowledge the PS5 is in development.

Jaz007

Heavyarms55

Please let the rumor of full compatibility back to PS1 be true! That would be absolutely amazing! It has me excited about Sony in ways I haven't felt for years!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Kidfried

@Heavyarms55 I fear it won't be true. Sony hardly wins anything by it.

PS4 backward compatibility, though? By now it'll be kind of a letdown if it's not there.

Kidfried

Heavyarms55

@Kidfried If it at least went back to PS3, that would be good enough for me. It would let me put away my PS3 and 4 and play all those games plus new PS5 games on one system. But PS1 and 2 would be a dream!

Octane

@Kidfried @Heavyarms55 Whilst PS4 BC is very likely at this point, I don't think PS1 and PS2 support is unreasonable. Either by including some kind of emulation software in the box, or by including the old tech to run it natively. It wouldn't require much in terms of space at all these days, it's just a question of how cheap it is to make the simple, but outdated tech. PS3 BC is definitely the least likely option; it's in that area where emulation can prove really difficult due to the Cell architecture, whilst at the same time, including a PS3 in the PS5 could be too expensive.

Octane

Heavyarms55

@Octane I'd be very willing to buy a more expensive model of a PS5 that has the full backward compatibility. In fact, it would be the main reason I would upgrade at all right now. If we got PS5 and it was just a more powerful PS4 without even PS4 support, I'm not sure I'd buy it at all. If it only supported PS5 and PS4 then it would have to be around the same price point the PS4 is right now at most 50 dollars more. But I'd happily drop 500 dollars on a PS5 that supported Sony's entire back catalog. I'm sure I'm in the minority on that point however.

If they released 2 version of the console, one with support and one without, that could work. Having a cheaper option for people who don't care about the retro support would probably be viable.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Octane

@Heavyarms55 I think I would as well; but this is console gaming, the most amount of choice you're getting is 1TB or 2TB

Octane

Kidfried

@WebHead They're certainly working on making playing older games possible. But let's not forget that the possibility of backwards compatibility means this upcoming console will play all of your old games directly.

PS4? I agree that should be kind of a lock right now. They're certainly going to annoy fans if they don't.

On the other hand I see a lot of people expecting PS3/PS2 backwards compatibility. Even if that would be technically possible, I wouldn't expect Sony to just be providing that for free.

They'll certainly make more by just selling PS1/PS2/PS3 games digitally.

Anyway, great post, thanks.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic