Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 4,206

DerMeister

I finally got the cash for an external drive- a Seagate 8TB. Was $184, but I'll be able to play more games now without worrying about space.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

DerMeister

@WanderingBullet No, it was the Backup Plus Hub. Although now I wish I got that one, since it's cheaper.

I can't make any real recommendations, since I'm not a tech wiz. All I can say is get what's best for his gaming habits I guess.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

WanderingBullet

@DerMeister No worries.

Tbh, I'm not even sure if he has already bought one. He was asking me last week whether he should get that model but my reply to him was that I don't much about tech stuff.lol

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Ralizah

@Tasuki Rondo is fantastic. Probably my favorite game in the series!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

RIGS and Astro Bot! Looking forward to them whenever I buy a PSVR in the distant future

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

Just bought DMC, Resident Evil 7 Season Pass and Prey Definitive Edition from the ps store.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Yeah the first two in the Halloween sale and then Prey in the double discounts sale. Paid about £30 for em all!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

I couldn't resist anymore, I got Nekopara on the PS4. If anyone has any questions about it with the censoring and all feel free to ask. Oh, and don't @me with the spoilers. The tags don't work in E-mail notification and I haven't played Nekopara before.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

Untitled

The steelbook is really weighty. I like it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Mmmm .... I like a good steelbook. Very nice. It does look like 47 used it for target practice there though with that little dent. A nice effect. 😉

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@beemo Hey, we're all only human.

@Th3solution I thought exactly the same thing. If it were any other game, I might've taken it back to the store, but I reckon it kinda works.

At least, that's what I'm repeatedly telling myself to get my OCD to shut the heck up.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, I have a bit of obsession with some things and if I have a minor defect I like to say that it’s just what makes my copy unique to me. But yeah, with an assassination game, a bullet mark is actually pretty cool. In fact, I would go so far as to say it’s better that way. You’re lucky. 😄
After reading the reviews, I am pretty curious about Hitman 2, having never played it before. But good grief, I have plenty on my plate for now. I look forward to reading your impressions of the game though —specifically how good of an entry point it would be for a newbie to the franchise.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution The Intro Pack for Hitman 2016 is free. So you can just download that?

It contains two smaller missions, but you'll get an immediate idea of how gameplay will work out. The first free mission is also good at introducing you to the game mechanics.Also, you can finish both once in less than an hour, so it won't take up a lot of time. But you can also decide on replaying them to get all the different endings, which is where most of the fun is.

I really recommend it! Even if you will never play anything more of the game afterwards, it works great as a palette cleanser.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Basically what @Kidfried said.

I'll be starting Hitman 2 on Sunday evening (hopefully) or Monday morning (probably) and will definitely share my thoughts. I have a feeling this'll be my biggest game of the year, and I could very easily just sink into playing it for a good while, especially with all the previous game's levels back.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @Kidfried I expect I’ll be taming the Wild West for a while, and beating up opponents in search of a magical sword with a moving eyeball in it, but if I get an itch to assassinate someone, I may need to give it a go.

Edited on by Th3solution

mookysam

@RogerRoger Noice! I was going to get the first one but as this contains the missions might treat myself to this at Christmas.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Bonbonetti

Bought Tennis World Tour and AO International Tennis from a current sale. Largely because I miss playing tennis games and wanted one or two for the PS4. I'm not a die-hard tennis fan, but more of a casual fan and player, I'm not looking for 100% accuracy.

Tennis World Tour still has noticeable framerate drops or stutters/jerks on the regular PS4 (i.e. not the Pro), it happens 3-5 times in every match I play. It is a rather janky game, not as smooth as it needs to be. Apart from this major issue I quite like the game; the physics, the gameplay, the content, and so on. I'm a single-player gamer so I'm only interested in the "Career stuff", and this game actually has an interesting and unique Career mode. It's just a shame it doesn't run smoothly. I would rate the game 2.5/5 as it is now, and cannot recommend it to anyone for the regular PS4.

AO International Tennis, in comparison, is a much better game. In fact I would say it is a very good tennis game. It has been patched a great deal and I don't notice any framerate issues at all on the regular PS4, it runs and plays very smoothly. It also offers a more immersive tennis "experience"; the audience reacts to how you play, the audio sounds more authentic, and so on. It looks better visually and has lots of gameplay options. So far the game is a solid 4/5 for me, they've done a good job of patching the game. If you liked Top Spin this is worth a look.

So if you're thinking of buying one of these, it's definitely AO Tennis you should get.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic