Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 4,199

MaccaMUFC

@Kidfried I’m not no unfortunately, I’m just not into anything Japanese related with Soulslike games or games like Final Fantasy. It’s a shame I’m not because they do look good but I know I just wouldn’t be able to get in to them. I’ve just spent the last remaining credits of my wallet on Lost Legacy, I’ve now got every single Uncharted game (bar Golden Abyss and Fight for Fortune). Now to start Drake’s Fortune...

MaccaMUFC

Th3solution

@MaccaMUFC That’s pretty exciting man! Welcome to the PS4! You have some gems in there. In fact they are all excellent, except I can’t speak for Beyond Two Souls, as I haven’t played that yet although I have it sitting on my hard drive to play someday since it was a freebie on Plus a few months ago. I’m so excited for you!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BAMozzy

@MaccaMUFC Cool - hope you are enjoying it!!

I would recommend Uncharted Lost Legacy - its only a 'short' game as it's more a stand-alone DLC to U4. Another stand-alone worth checking out is Infamous: First Light. I think this is better in some ways than 2nd Son as the powers are more fun - looks great in HDR too.

Personally I didn't like Until Dawn (it was free on PS+ a while back) as the controls are poor and the frame rate isn't great either. You may like it though, especially if you like games like Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls (2 other games I don't like).

I loved H:ZD and the Frozen Wilds adds a new area - probably around a quarter of the size of the full map but its all just 'Snowy' and not as varied. Not that its a problem of course as it is the 'frozen' wilds. It does add a few new 'robot' enemies (5 I think) and a couple of new weapons too. Story and game-play isn't a big departure and adds more of the same. Its linked to the main map too so its more of an 'expansion' so you can access it or the original area without having to load anything. Personally I would recommend it.

I don't think GT Sport offers anything Forza 7 doesn't - maybe less in some ways too and was built more for competitive MP. If you don't like some of the racers online in Forza, GT is a lot more strict and penalises those who don't race 'clean'. They have added more offline content since release but I don't keep up with the game as its not something I want. Driveclub looks great but only 30fps - if that's an issue for you. Personally I prefer Forza Horizon over track racing games like Motorsport or GT as these get very repetitive very quickly but Horizon offers much more variety and fun. I do own all the Forza games (both series) so never really felt the need for more.

As for the future, I am looking forward to Days Gone, Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima. Death Stranding is still an unknown as far as I am concerned. I am NOT going to give it a free pass just because its Kojuma and the game still hasn't really convinced me that it offers something I want to experience and play.

Anyway enjoy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

MaccaMUFC

@BAMozzy I bought Lost Legacy but won’t get around to playing it for awhile as I’m going through the Uncharted games in order of release. I played the first level on Drake’s Fortune and even though I’ve played it on the PS3, I couldn’t believe how good it looked with it being remastered, Bluepoint Games did a great job making a 2007 game look on par with today’s games. Looking forward to seeing how good Uncharted 4 looks.

I already finished Infamous: First Light when I had Second Son, they are good games that I may well get again sometime in the future now it’s in HDR.

I played a little of The Last of Us Remastered last night and kept changing the settings but I’m still undecided which one to stick with, obviously having just paided for the Pro I’d like to play games at their highest resolution but it looks like playing it in 1800p with improved shadows and a target of 60fps is the best option. Hopefully with the next gen consoles we won’t have to choose between resolution or performance modes and that it will run in both 4K and 60fps as standard.

As someone who’s never played a God of War game before would you recommend GoW Collection or GoW 3 Remastered? I could just rent the recent GoW and skip the others. I like how there are old games on the PS Store, I came across GTA 3, Vice City and Max Payne, all classics in my eyes, I remember being excited for them to release when I was still a kid in school but I refuse to pay £11.99 for them, I’d buy them if they were ever in the sale for like £5. I don’t even know why I’m considering getting more games because when RDR2 is out next Friday, that’s the only game I’ll most probably be playing into the new year.

Have you seen the new Samsung QLED 8k tv? It looks great and all but is 8K really necessary right now when 4K isn’t even the standard yet? The PS5 is definitely not going to be 8K capable, it’s more likely to be native 4K as standard. I just think spending £5,000 on a 65” 8K tv is a waste right now due to a lack of 8K content, if there is any?

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

RogerRoger

Untitled

Woo!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BAMozzy

@MaccaMUFC As good as the Nathan Drake collection looks, it still looked like a last gen game with just a resolution boost. I know they did a bit more than that but when you get to play Uncharted 4, you will see what I mean - especially if you compare Drake across all of the games. It makes sense to play them all in order but Lost Legacy was certainly worth getting which is why I mentioned it.

First Light to me looked better than 2nd Son in HDR because of the mostly dark setting and Neon based powers - the contrast of the Neon against the dark really stands out more. Another reason why I mentioned it.

I haven't replayed The Last of Us since I got my PS4 Pro but I would probably play at native 4k over CB 1800p - 30fps was good enough for when I played it on the PS3 and its not exactly a fast paced game. Its good to have the choice so at least you can choose. I still expect some games to run at 30fps on next gen - its almost inevitable as Devs will push games to their limit with PC hardware - even beyond what that hardware can offer so Consoles may well have to compromise. That being said, I still expect a higher proportion of games to run at 60fps and even beyond. Look at Fifa 17 (not sure about 18) that runs at a native 4k, locked 60fps on Pro hardware - next gen hardware is unlikely to offer 8k so the only option really is up to 120fps - with HDMI 2.1 and VRR that is a possibility (If your TV can handle it of course)

Personally, I am not a fan of God of War - the old games. To me they were just button bashing combo building hack and slash games with some platforming. I don't like the other games in this genre - games like DMC or Dante's Inferno. I liked the new one but I don't think its necessary to play the others - although there are some references and things that are from its predecessors but its also able to stand on its own for newcomers too. Some of the things may not have as big an impact (not going to spoil it) when they happen if you are not familiar with the franchise but that doesn't mean its necessary to play the older titles. As someone who isn't a fan of God of War, I would still recommend the latest as its up there with the best games released this year. I have GoW3 (thanks to PS+) but I haven't had the desire to play it. I played a couple of the games on PS3 but really not my thing and never played any to completion so I am not the best to ask about the franchise.

I too have too many games I bought recently with RDR2 out next week - I still haven't started AC: Odyssey, barely touched Shadow of the Tomb Raider, spent a couple of hours or so in Forza Horizon 4 and Spider-Man didn't grab me as I hoped so haven't progressed in that either. Destiny 2 Forsaken, with the new events and weekly changes has kept me coming back but as I am now close to 600 on all 3 characters, I can see that dropping in interest soon. I still have unfinished games too and haven't yet touched Far Cry 3 or FC5's DLC. I hope to be in a position to buy Anthem and Metro in February so I have plenty of options for the next 4months. I do think its worth buying games - old or new because its good to have choice - even if RDR2 does take over your gaming life. I sometimes play something 'different' because I don't want or feel like I want something 'intense' or require as much attention - like playing FH4 because its quite mindless fun where as some games do warrant a bit more thought and attention to be paid. Having games on other consoles also stop them gathering dust. I can go months without turning on one if I don't have many games in my collection/backlog or much variety in those. If I don't feel like playing Uncharted for example, then chances are I am not in the mood to play games like the Last of Us, Tomb Raider or any other action game so if all my games on one console are similar in genre, then the console that has more option will be the one I use. If I then change my mind and feel like playing an Action game, I am more likely to play one on the console that's on rather than switch - but thats me. I also tend to play the game(s) that I feel I want to, not necessarily the game(s) I have to finish or start. By that I mean that I play the game that I want to play, not the game I should finish first, not the 'new' game because its 'new' or game that has new 'content' but the one that at that moment is the game I want to play. I know some may feel they have to finish a game before buying or starting something new or will buy a new game and feel they have to start it because its 'new' and their older game get consigned to the backlog until the time they can return to it (during dry spells in the release schedule) - if they ever do. I buy games when I can and pre-order special editions as they can be difficult to get after release so I can get quite a few that I don't have time to play to completion or really start and therefore don't mind having a lot of new games arrive in a short space of time knowing that I have variety and options for the months when I have no new games coming. If you are also like this, then maybe its worth getting a few more games for your Pro as it may give you options and variety, something different if you need/want a break from RDR2 etc.

Anyway, I have waffled on again - as long as you are enjoying things, and/or can afford to buy more games than you have time too play in the next few month's - even if those games will still be available later, then why not? You may not get to play them for months but you may feel like you want something different too...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Tjuz

@RogerRoger How fun that they actually included a LEGO figure with the deluxe edition. I wouldn't be surprised if some diehard LEGO collectors end up buying this game just for the figure too!

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Tjuz There'll probably be just as many people who buy the game and decide to sell the minifigure on eBay for £20 than there will be people who buy for the minifigure and sell the game on eBay for £30. The universe always finds a balance, one way or another!

I usually steer clear of the minifigure exclusives, but I did get a Stormtrooper Finn with LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens a couple years back (mainly because I had LEGO displays he could fit with).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MaccaMUFC

@BAMozzy The thing with playing The Last of Us in native 4K is that it’s not a solid or locked 30fps, when I tried it out I could definitely tell it runs below 30fps. That’s a problem I hope we don’t have to keep chosing between games on next gen consoles, just run them in native 4K and give us a choice of either locked 30fps or 60fps.

I’m taking a break from my XB1 for now but still got plenty of games to play and finish like Assassins Creed Odyssey and some games that I’m renting in November like BFV, Spyro and Fallout 76. For now though I’m going to be playing on the Pro before RDR2 is out.

MaccaMUFC

BAMozzy

@MaccaMUFC I thought the 30fps 4k mode ran at 30fps without ant issues - the issue was with the 60fps mode as those with a Pro couldn't actually play the game at a locked 60fps like those without a Pro were doing as the remaster is 1080/60p on a standard PS4. That's what I recall from Digital Foundry analysis but like I said, I have never returned to it since I bought my Pro.

At the moment, I am enjoying Forsaken - which I have on XB1 so therefore that's dominating my playtime - especially with the new Halloween event and plethora of content to play. I haven't bought a lot of games - old or new - this year and only 2 for my Playstation (God of War which I have the Platinum trophy and Spider-Man). As such my Pro isn't getting much use. I can understand why you are playing a lot on your new toy at the moment with a lot of new games to explore _ I would probably do the same too.

Only a few more days until RDR2 though...

Rogerthat

Fortnite !

Don't judge me, i m bit slow with gaming and LIFE.

Rogerthat

MaccaMUFC

Have any of the PS2 games like GTA 3, Vice City, Max Payne etc ever been on sale on the PS Store? I really don’t want to be paying £11.99 for each of them.

MaccaMUFC

KALofKRYPTON

Ordered Space Hulk: Tactics for my brother's birthday.

I think he'll like it.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Tjuz

@MaccaMUFC You can use PSPrices to keep an eye on sales in the PSN store as well as check historic lows and trends. Looking at GTA 3/Vice City, it seems they go on sale for 4-5 pounds quite often. Hope that site helps! You can also use it to put games on your wishlist and be sent an e-mail when it goes on sale.

Tjuz

NecuVise

Can we actually play those games on ps4?

NecuVise

Tjuz

@NecuVise Looks like you can, since they're also listed under PS4. I'm guessing it just emulates the PS2 versions though, and doesn't upgrade it or anything.

Tjuz

MaccaMUFC

@Tjuz Thanks for letting me know about that PSPrices site, I’ve signed up and add GTA 3/Vice City and Max Payne to the list to notify me when it next goes on sale, 4-5 quid for those games are good reasonable prices.

Apparently the games come with full 1080p up-rendering and has a few enhanced features like trophies. It’s good enough for me, I know they won’t have aged well but I’d play them purely for nostalgia reasons.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

Tasuki

Just picked up Castlevania Requiem. This makes it my third copy of Symphony of the Night (PSone, Xbox 360, PS4) and second copy of Rondo (Wii VC) but first copy of Rondo in English which is why I bought it.

Can't wait to sink my teeth into these two games. 😂

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic