Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 4,206

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Really enjoyed Oxenfree, it's not that long either. Some of the fourth wall breaking stuff pleasantly surprised me.

Monster Hunter World I'm quite tempted by at £25 (I think) and another title I can't quite remember. I'm quite strict with what I buy online and if I can get it cheaper elsewhere from one of my trusted sites I will get from there, and even then it has to be at a certain price to get from the PS store.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I keep getting good feedback on it and I like the short story heavy games sometimes.
Ok, how about this — Oxenfree for $5 or Nex Machina for $8. If I only buy one, which should it be? Both are discounted heavily in the sale.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Oxenfree get my vote by default as I've got played Nex Machine.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I went ahead and bought it. I saw that the writer was the main one from Tales from the Borderlands which I quite enjoyed. I kept waiting for it to be included as a free PS Plus game, but it never has, so for the price of a cheeseburger and fries I figure I might as well buy while it’s still on sale.
Unfortunately I have a busy weekend so I may not get around to it right away. It’s going to have to get worked in between all my other games too, lol.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

Cool, it would be good to get your thoughts on it when you get round to play it.

Can't remember how much I paid for it but felt a bit guilty after finishing it, so I bought the dynamic theme aswell.

Splat

Ni no Kuni II off the PSN Flash Sale.

I loved the first so not sure why it took me so long to pick this up but looking forward to giving it a go.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

JohnnyShoulder

Just pre-ordered Dead Cells, which is out on Tuesday. Totally forgot. It is actually cheaper on the PS store than I could find it on any online site sat £15.99. And it is not released physically until the 14th either.

RogerRoger

I downloaded Mafia III earlier (thank you, PS Plus) and noticed that there are three DLC expansion packs, available separately or as part of a Season Pass. They aren't included as part of the free PS Plus download, and are still quite pricey.

So that I don't inadvertantly stumble over spoilers for an old game, can anybody recommend them? Having never played a Mafia game before, I don't know whether they feature anything necessary for the core game to feel "complete" in terms of story and / or gameplay additions. I won't be starting the game for a couple days so I'm in no major rush, but it'd be nice to know if they're worthwhile before I get underway.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

I got Burnout Paradise in the sale and I didn't know DJ Atomica did the commentary for this game, that's awesome! I loved him in SSX3. I knew he did a Burnout but I thought it was an earlier one - maybe he did more?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I've not played the game, but if it was me I would play the main game first before purchasing any dlc.

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Hope I can answer your questions this way:

• You can continue from your last save after the story, so don't worry about missing anything. You can even buy the DLC after you finish the game no problem.
  • The DLC are separate cases and not tied to the main story. Think Heart of Stone in the Witcher 3, if you've played that one.
  • The DLC is really short story wise (1-2 hours), but its writing is as good as the main game. It's pricey for what you're getting still.
  • The DLC do add some weapons, cars and side missions and part of them are also available before you do any of the DLC missions. So they do fill up the world a little more throughout all of the game, but it's not a lot.
  • Hangar (the dev) have put their own guide to the story online (it's full of spoilers, so don't look it up after you're deep in the game), and they recommend playing the main game up until you're finished with the downtown district. Then play the DLC in this order: Faster, No Stone, Sign of the Times. Then finish the game. So I guess that's canon.

My advice: play the game for about 10 hours (half of the story), then decide if you think you want any more.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Usually a good general rule, thanks. I'm guessing that's how it was released anyway but, having never played a Mafia game, sometimes I'm surprised by how DLC is incorporated (like how the extra case files in L.A. Noire slot into the narrative at key points).

@Kidfried Wow, that's really helpful, thank you! Those first two bullet-points are the key points for me; they're separate little chunks of story that I can come back to later, reloading a final save after the conclusion (and no, I've never played The Witcher 3, but can think of a half-dozen other examples based on your description alone).

Nevertheless, having that canon order is helpful if I do decide to take the plunge. I'll keep "clearing the downtown district" in mind as a cut-off point for making a decision.

There is a free weapon pack on the PS Store that I grabbed (looked to include a Tommy, a shotgun and a silenced pistol) so maybe they've made some of the additional weapons available separately (although it also feels suspiciously like a limited-time pre-order bonus pack).

Thanks again!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

andreoni79

Ni no kuni 2, Tomb Raider and Wolfenstein for a total of € 30. Retail. Nice.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Kidfried

@andreoni79 Wow, those are great deals. Did you also have to sell a kidney or something? There sure aren't as great deals over here.

Not even NiNoKuni on its own for 30.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

andreoni79

Honestly, I don't know what's happening here in Italy. Maybe the Big Ones already know that the end of the world is near, but I can see big deals everywhere. Resi 7 and Dishonored 2 too are € 9. And now I have a 50 gb plan for my phone and it's € 8 per month...

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Ralizah

sigh

I can usually withstand Sony's non-stop onslaught of sales, but I relented and bought Ratchet and Clank in the recent sale.

At least I had the willpower to hold off on Horizon.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Nei

Ralizah wrote:

sigh

I can usually withstand Sony's non-stop onslaught of sales, but I relented and bought Ratchet and Clank in the recent sale.

At least I had the willpower to hold off on Horizon.

You are going to have so much fun - It's an delightful game! And very addicting. It's like a Nintendo third person shooter.

I couldn't get into Horizon ZD for some reason

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

RogerRoger

@Ralizah I agree with @Feena and reckon you're gonna love Ratchet & Clank. Don't feel bad about surrendering to something so awesome!

Horizon will get you eventually.

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@Feena @RogerRoger Good to hear! I've been eyeing it for years, but with my backlog the way it is, I try to hold off on new PS4 purchases. With that said, it's short, and cheap, and it looks beautiful, so it seemed like a better purchase at the moment than some 50-hour RPG like Horizon.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Hego

Picked up Dead Cells which is great and Deaths Gambit (could be great but has unresponsive controls)

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic