Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 401 to 420 of 6,461

Kidfried

Because of Tsushima's great showing at E3, I started playing Infamous Second Son again and it's a great time waster.

I wouldn't call the game brilliant or anything, but I'm having fun with it. Which is enough for now!

Kidfried

NecuVise

I started Ni No Kuni 2 and it is adorable! I'm only approx two hours in, so we will see how it turns out later on, but so far so good. It's a nice change of genre as I have completed three FPS games in a row.

Even if I end up not liking it, at least my wife will enjoy watching me playing something colorful as she groaned when I played Doom in the last couple of days finding it too depressive

Edited on by NecuVise

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@Bonbonetti I suppose yeah but i never found it to be over reliant on parrying in the first place. You purchase the moves that you want and suit your playstyle. You're only limited by how much xp you have to spend and what level you are at.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried It's good looking and buttery smooth though. I really enjoyed it.

First Light was more fun though.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON Just completed it and quite enjoyed it eventually. I think the game didn't need to be open world though. I started the game, liberated the city, then did all the main missions. Loved all the different powers!

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried I think it was better for the open city. While open world can be a bit overused, it worked with Second Son I thought.
Did you get First Light? It's great, and a brilliant extrapolation of the light powers. Closest thing to a Flash game we'll ever get I reckon.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON I'm kind of on the fence deciding between going for the bad karma run in Second Son, or finishing First Light. I didn't like the survival arena's in the latter, so I stopped playing it. . Might give it another go, though.

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried I'm currently in trying for the Platinum trophy in First Light. I liked the story but the arenas and challenges are a pain the backside. Close to giving up as it takes so long with so much grind.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried The bad karma run is a lot of fun. I'm glad I did it the same way. Killing the DUPs is easier than not, the strength of the powers is higher and the whole thing just flows much better when you're not concerned with subduing enemies.

@Rudy_Manchego I didn't like the arena challenges at first, but I found that I really got in to it after a while.

Rudy_Manchego

@KALofKRYPTON They get better the more you level up. I originally didnt focus on the missile upgrades and that makes it way way easier.

Hostages stages are a pain though!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON I have the platinum now! I actually liked my bad karma run a lot better too. What also helped was putting the difficulty on expert, which made the game a lot more fun and engaging. So thanks for recommending that.

Now I have to decide whether I give First Light another chance!

@Rudy_Manchego How far along are you with First Light platinum?

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried Good work. I found it a very satisfying plat. Could've felt really grindy, like TASM2 - but the change up for the bad karma play through really helped.

Just had a look back on myPlayStation. I got my first First Light trophy on 12/09/14, and the plat on 04/10/14. I don't really play all that consistently and think I had a little break in there to play Velocity 2X.

So if you're hammering it, I reckon a week or so to plat?

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried I have almost all challenges except for the 10 million points and the hostage stages. Struggling with the hostage stages in terms of getting the max number of points for each one as they keep dying on me. Or I keep killing them... one of the two.

Not gone back to it since late last week. Will try and shuffle through a few more later.

Elodin

In the second area of Nioh. I'm really enjoying it. I like the setting and the many, many stat variations on the weapons. It is very dark souls esque, but definitely has its own flavor. I have to confess I only beat 2 bosses on my own. The others I had to summon help. Maybe now that I just got the sloth talisman the bosses will be easier.

Elodin

Ralizah

Played most of Ch. 3 of Yakuza 0. It was fun, even if it sort of feels more like I'm watching a TV show than actually playing a game at times.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah I’m thinking of starting Yakuza 0 this week. Either that or Assassins Creed Origins. I want to see if either of those will get its hooks in me. I’m having trouble staying interested in longer games lately, and am getting more enjoyment from shorter experiences. If Yakuza 0 is broken into Chapters that might help make it seem shorter. Do you find the size of the game overwhelming?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

SirPhipps

About to start the dlc for horizon, since I got the platinum for it, I fell off the game!

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times"

Ralizah

@Th3solution I find all long games on home console to be a tad overwhelming, but at least this one, as you pointed out, is broken up into very manageable chapters. Moreover, a ton of the content is optional and can be accessed right away or skipped over until later. For example, Ch. 3 can take a couple of hours to play or a ton if you opt to go for a lot of the optional side-quests that are immediately accessible.

I'd recommend it. It's a weird, fun game that has caused me to laugh quite a bit.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

I currently have 5 games in my cart on the ps store form the 'games under £12' sale. Yakuza Zero is one of em. Really unsure whether to buy em or not and add to my already bulging backlog.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RenanKJ

I started my ride in Final Fantasy XV last weekend. Enjoying the combat and story so far. You can see what they tried to do with the game, there's a feeling of travelling with friends and enjoying the world... The only problem so far has been that getting from point A to B can be boring because it takes too long, particularly when running (and nothing happens between point A and B most times).

RenanKJ

PSN: rkummer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic