Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 421 to 440 of 6,458

RogerRoger

@SirPhipps Enjoy! I really found The Frozen Wilds to be a superb expansion, and if it's been a while since you played the core campaign, it'll only benefit from the slight break.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder Everyone with a passing interest in Japanese culture, beat em ups or being a bad ass has to play Yakuza zero.

Im currently playing Rocket League. However for about the 6th time Im deleting it. You really need a buddy to play 2v2 with I got demoted 10 times over the last 24 hours and 4/5 of those games my random teammates left the match almost straight away and multiple others I was with someone completely inept, as in missing a dead simple ball or going for boost when its idiocy. From gold 2 to silver 2. Gutted. The only bonus is that at silver 2 even if your teammate goes missing you still have a chance of winning the match.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

SirPhipps

@RogerRoger I felt a little burnt out after trophy hunting, but stepping into it again this afternoon... Absolutely incredible.
The snow effects on aloy alone are just.. Hats off to them is all I can say.
Bye for the next 20 hours!

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times"

themcnoisy

Played more Dirt 4 tonight. They have absolutely smashed the handling out of the park on controller. Great job codemasters!

Theres a lot of content in the game and worth the price I paid for sure. Though I do wonder if Codemasters intergrated Grid with Dirt and competed with Forza and GT with a bigger budget how far it could go.

AhmadSumadi

Platinum’d God Of War about a week ago and I’ve yet to find another game to play. Even though I have nearly 60 games on PS4.

AhmadSumadi

Gamer83

Lumines Remastered. Hooked on the game just like I was when I played it on PSP all those years ago.

Gamer83

KALofKRYPTON

I have some more of Luke Cage to watch later, but I think I'll start Everybody's Gone To The Rapture after work.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@Rudy_Manchego Dang, just played First Light and those challenges are... well, a challenge alright. I think I lack the discipline for a platinum trophy on this one.

I did finish the main game, though. Enjoyed a lot more since last time, now I've played Second Son. Now I can't wait for the combat in Ghost.

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried If you can plat Second Son, you can plat First Light.

If I can (and I really only go for easy plat's), you can.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

Last night I played The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, the prologue to the forthcoming Life is Strange 2. Overall, it was another fine addition to the franchise. I think the six awarded to it earlier in the week was a tad harsh, especially considering it's completely free.

I also think that it's all one big misdirection. I'll cover this next part for those wishing to remain spoiler-free, but I don't think we'll be playing as Chris ever again. He's got a backstory incredibly similar to Chloe's in the first season, and when "his" powers are revealed at the end, I felt it was a little too obvious. In actual fact, I reckon that the neighbour kid is the one who saved him, and that this prologue is essentially a mini-version of Before the Storm. It's funny how it says "Meet Chris again in Life is Strange 2" at the end, not "continue his story" or anything. We'll play as the neighbour kid, and Chris will be our best friend, probably several years down the line, as teenagers or older.

Much of me was a little torn throughout, as many of the story notes hit a little close to home, far closer than anything in the first season ever managed (if I'm honest, I found Max and Chloe rather unrelatable). It's a testament to the quality of the experience if it can evoke such thoughts, feelings and emotions, but I'm not sure if I'll be comfortable periodically being thrown back in and yanked back out every couple months on an episodic basis. I may, therefore, have to wait to play it as a complete season.

Which is a shame, but there we go.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried Yeah they get easier the more you do and you need to upgrade the missile tree first so that you can spam those but to be honest, I'm with you and have put it aside. I think I can do it but it is going to take me a few more evenings. When a trophy makes you fall out of love with a game, it's time to have a rethink.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

@RogerRoger I think the first season of Life is Strange also was way stronger when played in 'one sitting'. So, I'm going to wait out this one too.

But great to hear you enjoyed it. I had trouble relating to the characters of the first season too, as they felt kind of flat. So this makes me more excited to play this game over the weekend.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Agreed; I played it late, so got through all five episodes in a weekend, and felt like I'd just binge-watched a great television show. I then played Before the Storm as and when the episodes were released and it kinda worked, but only really because it was shorter, and building on a pre-established story.

Hope you enjoy your playthrough! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, if possible.

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger I'll remember to mention you when I give my impressions. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend. Busy times!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Oh, I understand that more than anything, don't worry.

Thanks, though! Enjoy what time you can make!

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

I was playing heavy rain for 45 minutes. I thought the intro were the dude gets showered and sets the dinner table was setting the scene. I didnt realise that is the whole game! Oh my god it was so frustratingly cumbersome. Once the Jason Jason Jason episode was over and the other kid wanted a snack in the rundown apartment, It wouldnt let me give him something out of the fridge. So I uninstalled the game. Lifes too short for a game run on never-ending quick time events.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Think i lasted to that point too. Just couldn't get used to the controls.

@Rudy_Manchego Press [ ] to JASSOOON

Will still give Beyond Two Souls a go though.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego @JohnnyShoulder The weird thing is I really enjoy walking sims like gone home, most of telltales output and had a great 3 or so hours with The bunker.

I quite liked the graphics but those controls. Wtf are those controls? Why would you implement that control scheme in any game?

At one point I purposefully kept messing up the qtes just for a laugh. It briefly raised a smile as the dude kept taking the shopping bags from the wife then giving them back.

The problem I think is its a modern take on the point and click genre. But you are controlling the avatar rather than a pointer and you dont get a great view of whats usable or not due to the camera angles. That makes it frustrating to play. Combine that with pointless QTEs and it just isnt fun.

Its a pity really as the story was set up quite well and the graphics are great.

DerMeister

Right now, my big games are Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix, Metal Gear Solid V, and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. I haven't played Type-0 in a while, and I'm probably gonna jump back into it soon.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic