Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,486

Tasuki

@Thrillho Oh I played some of the DLC Captain Scarlett and Torque's but I haven't done the newest one. And I did Tiny Tina's and Hammerlocks on the 360 a few years ago.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Thrillho

@Gremio108 The Claptastic DLC is as intentionally annoying as you’d expect but plays up to it really well. Well worth a go.

Thrillho

Gremio108

@Thrillho I can imagine it's pretty funny. I'm hoping to squeeze it in before the big one drops on 13th Sep.

How do you start Claptastic Voyage? And what recommended level? I couldn't see anything that pointed towards it on the fast travel menu.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@Gremio108 it’s endgame stuff so presumably it’s at the level cap for whatever playthrough you’re on (I guess lvl30 for “normal” mode).

And I vaguely remember it starting from a new area. A quick google says there should be an area called level 13 1/2 for fast travel to start.

Thrillho

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I was using Nisha and the final boss of Claptastic Voyage @Gremio108 was a real piece of work by myself despite being three or four levels higher then it!

I believe the area is deck 13 1/2

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

PSN: GoddessFoxy-E

My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel

KratosMD

Now that I have some more free time I decided to resume my playthrough of Until Dawn. I'm on chapter 3 right now and things are starting to get weirder by the minute. I'm really loving it though. I can see how the abundance of jump scares would annoy people, but I enjoy them since I normally don't play scary games like this one. So it's kind of refreshing actually.

It would've been even better if I were playing this with someone else, as I can definitely see the game being more enjoyable to hear other people's reactions due to the high frequency of jump scares.

KratosMD

Thrillho

@KratosMD The piece on here (or maybe kotaku) about their new game was interesting in that you can play with another person online but they don’t have to let you see what happened in their part of the game.

It’s quite a neat idea as it would be a lot more immersive not knowing the nuances of the whole story but horribly frustrating at the same time.

Thrillho

KratosMD

@Thrillho Yeah Man of Medan really looks interesting in that regard. Hopefully the game will review well but sadly it's not a game I'm looking to get at launch, even though I'm really loving Until Dawn thus far. I just don't see it as appealing.

KratosMD

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

So @KratosMD ... I ended up playing the demo/first chapter for Resident Evil Revelations 2 from our (Though mainly yours) talks about Resi and your impressions on it.

I'm not entirely sure why Capcom made it episodic. But i'm intrigued enough so far with the plot and finished the first chapter.

But more importantly I think I'm hooked by the arcade-y/arena-y/enemy wave like Raid mode! That's really fun!

I've already played through the first ten missions as Claire. All those skills to customise your chosen character and level up (with each character having different skills and loadouts) along with different weapons to find and all that stuff.

Plus you can play it online or in co-op apparently.

I might have to purchase it myself just for that lol

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

PSN: GoddessFoxy-E

My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel

KratosMD

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Well I think Capcom just wanted to jump on the bandwagon of episodic video games back when they were so popular, lol. There literally wasn't any other sensible reason to change the structure of the content since the previous game was structured like a normal game.

Anyway, I'm glad that you liked the first episode! I've read about the general opinion for this game and a lot of people consider it one of the best Resident Evil games. It's too bad that it's such an underrated title. I had such a blast with the first episode!

I managed to purchase the complete game for only €15 and the physical edition apparently contains a bunch of extra goodies such as bonus story episodes as well as DLC items for Raid Mode. For that price it's definitely worth buying!

KratosMD

Th3solution

I started Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice and am really impressed so far. I’m about 4 hours into it and it is exceeding my expectations. I’ll give a more comprehensive set of impressions when I complete it, but suffice it to say —
despite it being advertised as such, this does not seem “AA” to me at all. It has all the polish and production value of a “AAA” title. I guess it’s shorter length and lower price point make it considered less than a “AAA” release, but the quality here is quite remarkable and puts a lot of big budget and large studio titles to shame.
Much has been said of the fantastic sound design and acting, but the gameplay is surprisingly good.
It’s also a game that I’m surprised is not mentioned more when people talk about horror and psychological thriller games. It’s extremely creepy and disturbing. So for those looking for horror games, don’t forget Hellblade. ( @KratosMD - I know you’ve been on the horror kick, and I don’t know if you got your fill yet, but if you haven’t played this game you may want to check it out.)

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Have you played it with headphones? It is supposed a stellar experience when played with a set.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KratosMD

@Th3solution Still looking for more horror experiences! I didn't know Hellblade was horror and the psychological aspect definitely has my interest. I'll add it to my wish list, thanks for the recommendation!

KratosMD

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I play 90% of my games with my high quality headphones anyways, but yes, for sure this one. The voices that whisper in your ears is part of the immersion and I don’t think it would be quite the same if it were coming from a TV or Speaker. The game informs you when you boot it up that it is suggested that you experience the game with headphones to take advantage of the 3D sound effects.
I remember when it came out in 2017 that it was touted for the great auditory experience and how it won Game Award’s Best Audio Design, Best Performance for the lead actress Juergens, and a few other awards but I wasn’t expecting the game to be as well made in all the other areas such as graphically and in the gameplay department.

@KratosMD I guess they technically call it “dark fantasy”, but to me it seems like a borderline horror experience. More of a psychologically horrific game, the kind that freaks you out and messes with your mind. There is not jump scares in the overt sense, but it is more the atmospheric tension and the setting of traveling through Hell. If I had to compare it to any of the games I’ve played as far as setting and atmosphere, I’d say maybe Bloodborne. But where Bloodborne has a creepy atmosphere (the sounds of metal scraping on concrete and the screams of suffering in the background bringing tension for the next encounter around the corner) mainly to augment the addictive gameplay — here in Hellblade the narrative takes the front seat and the gameplay is a vehicle to augment the narrative. And so the environment and the building of tension takes center stage in order to deliver its message. But yeah, Bloodborne is probably the best comparison as far as genre.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm probably the opposite, only play with my headphones only in the mornings (I live in a block of flats so am conscious of distburing my neighbours) and have quite a beefy sound bar and sub woofer, so I use those mostly.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

Thrillho

@TalentedAtGames That's quite the collection.

I've played Yakuza, Spiderman, and Nier and they are all fantastic games!

Thrillho

KratosMD

So I just encountered a major BS moment in Until Dawn. Heavy spoilers ahead!

I'm at the Radio Tower with Matt and Emily and up there is a flare gun. I remember from a Guidance Totem that Emily gave the flare gun to Matt, so I did exactly that. Then, after the tower falls, Matt gets taken and then killed after I tried to save Emily. Apparently the flare gun was supposed to help Matt fend off the weird creature that killed him, but instead he used it immediately up on the tower. I was so confused because I felt like the Guidance Totem didn't work at all.

Then I looked this part up and apparently, I had to make Matt choose to say that "going to the tower is a bad idea" to Emily in the previous chapter in order for him to save the flare gun. WHAT?! Why the heck would that matter?? I literally did as the Guidance Totem told me and I wasn't rewarded at all for it. This is such BS, not to mention that I tried to save Emily but I could've jumped to safety in order to save Matt. But now he's dead instead. This is seriously a major flaw with the game, an arbitrary choice like the above shouldn't be needed if the player follows the hint given to him/her by the game.

At least in Detroit, you are given the option to go back and choose differently if you are that type of person. Not having this option at all lessens the accessibility of this game, which is needed if you're forced to make such obscure decisions.

Honestly this game has been absolutely perfect up until this moment. Why did they have to ruin the experience with such random choices?

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD The totems only shows you the fragments of a possible future - your decisions will determine whether the outcome will be same as in the visions.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic