Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 121 to 140 of 6,461

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD World 1 and 2 are great. Will be interested to hear your opinion of the later levels. Just my opinion of course, but I thought that things took an unfortunate nose dive!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

KidRyan

I beat inFAMOUS: Second Son, just need to replay it as Evil in the future when I run out of games to play.

Started playing Amazing Spider-Man 2 next, haven't gotten very far.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@KratosMD Yeah Rocket League is alot of fun. I still need to redownload it myself since I have yet to do it since I upgraded my HDD. Then again I am also tempted to get it for Switch so I can play with my friends who have Xbox One's.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

Started Secret of Mana tonight with my son. As remakes got this one is done very well.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

@KratosMD Cross-play isn't something that Sony want to offer... Yet. I can see their point of view as online does have 'terms and conditions'. If someone on say Switch or Xbox breaches Sony's Terms and Conditions, then how do they police that? I don't think there is 'cross-platform' party chat so not sure how communication works - if at all.

If someone is 'cheating' or using foul and abusive language (assuming you can hear those on other platforms), you can't report them to Sony and they can't 'ban' others. MS seem to be moving more into the Xbox becoming a console/PC hybrid and trying to merge the two together as one big MS ecosystem. I can see more games, not just MS games (like Forza, Halo, GoW etc) being cross-platform. They already have the cross-platform party chat.

What surprised me though was Nintendo jumping on board. They are more traditional and 'closed' - at least have been. They are very protective over their properties and don't like gamers uploading 'lets plays' or showing their official game clips without permission. Therefore it was a surprise to me that games like Rocket League and Minecraft are cross-play on Nintendo.

Not playing those games myself, I don't know quite how it works. Whether you can find people on separate consoles or not or whether its just expanded lobbies. I guess with Minecraft you can search for their world but I expect you would need something like skype to communicate.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

RogerRoger

Over the weekend I finished the first two DLC chapters for Wolfenstein II. Most of my thoughts went in comments on the "What Are You Playing" story on the front page, but I just wanted to repeat how wonderful they were. Agent Silent Death's chapter was as good as Gunslinger Joe's but for totally different reasons, and it was amazing how varied they made the same game feel.

Really looking forward to the third and final chapter, hoping that they're a sign of the franchise's direction after the seriously wonky, badly-paced main game's campaign.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD You've reminded me that Omega Collection is yet another game that I'd like to get back to. Played through the 2048 season and pretty much forgot to go back.

There are some pretty tough trophies in the Vita version - which I assumed are the same. Obviously not impossible - but you've got to be pretty Zen to get the lot I reckon.

Check out some of the Zone game play on YouTube - it is ridiculous.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@KratosMD Yeah, the 2048 tracks are generally wider and slightly more forgiving than most of what's in HD. I recall an interview with a developer saying that they had the Vita screen size in mind and didn't want to make tracks too narrow. All of the HD tracks were from previous WipEout games. Loads from Pure/Pulse.

Zones are crazy. I can do Ok once I've had a few days to bed back in to it.

I hope you can sink your teeth in to it. Other than Fusion & 64, it's always been a really satisfying franchise.
If you ever have the opportunity to play Wip3out - I suggest you do. Relatively late in the PS1 lifecycle - but amazing design work.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

SuperJoon

Playing through Dragons Dogma at the moment, and just purchased Burnout Paradise, so will be playing through that as well.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

PSN: superjoon84 | Twitter:

KidRyan

ToddlerNaruto wrote:

I beat inFAMOUS: Second Son, just need to replay it as Evil in the future when I run out of games to play.

Started playing Amazing Spider-Man 2 next, haven't gotten very far.

I dropped Amazing Spider-Man 2 and beat inFAMOUS: First Light.

I've been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn for 2-3 weeks and can't stop playing it .

KALofKRYPTON

@ToddlerNaruto I loved First Light. Really enjoyed Second Son too. Did everything apart from the paper bits.
Playing evil was great fun!

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was actually pretty enjoyable. Fairly easy plat too.

KidRyan

KALofKRYPTON wrote:

@ToddlerNaruto I loved First Light. Really enjoyed Second Son too. Did everything apart from the paper bits. Playing evil was great fun!

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was actually pretty enjoyable. Fairly easy plat too.

I still need to replay Second Son as evil, when I run out of games to play.

As for Amazing Spider-Man 2, maybe I'll give it another chance, but it won't be for a long while. I've got more tempting games to play that I am actually interested in, no offense.

Rudy_Manchego

So I've got into Ratchet and Clank Remaster, having not played any Ratchet and Clank games before (or that I can remember) and must say, albeit 2 years too late, this game is great. Looks amazing and really fun to play. Admittedly, I did spend half an hour trying to get one of the racing trophies (because I suck) but even that was quite fun.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego Yes the R&C games are competent 3rd person shooters with some solid platforming, mild puzzling, and no shortage of personality. The crazy weapons are the real star of the show. The game is very well polished and just... in a word, fun!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Going back to that comment section conversation we had late last week, you were right... played Virginia and absolutely gosh-darn loved it. I was fascinated and hooked right up to the end, and then to realise that I'd only gotten 14% trophies (when most walking simulators give you the platinum after the credits) was great, because it gives me even more incentive to go through again later this evening. I haven't played anything quite like it before; I was supremely impressed on almost every level. It was beautiful.

So very pleased I fronted the extra £2 for the edition with the soundtrack, because the music was gorgeous and such an integral part of the narrative. The references to Twin Peaks were strong but, as you said, it was very much its own thing. There are plot elements I'm still not 100% certain on, and will look for clues in the second playthrough, but I think I've got a handle on the overall story and it's a brave one to tackle. Parts of it made me quite emotional, in both good and bad ways.

Although it did make me chuckle, as I think it deserves the award for 'Quickest Contradiction in a Videogame'... at the beginning, it opens with "this is a true story based on events that happened in 1992" and then, about a minute later, flashes up "this is a work of ficiton; any similarity to events or people, living or dead, is purely coincidental". Make your mind up!

Thanks again for the additional information you gave me, and the little extra push I needed to make the purchase. No regrets; this might even displace Firewatch as my favourite example of the genre.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution @KratosMD Yeah the game is just fun and really well made. I'm tempted to get the Ratchet and Clank trilogy on the Vita as it is on sale for like £6 at the moment so I can try the other games.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Wow! You put a lot of my feelings on the game in words perfectly.

And I think the "contradiction" is a reference to Fargo. The movie (and tv series) start out with the line "This is a true story. The events depicted took place in Minnesota in [year].", while from the get go it is clear that the story is way too strange to be anything other than fiction. Have you seen Fargo?

I'm glad you liked it. I feel recommending a game like Virginia is insanely difficult, because it's unlike most other games. Fortunately it turned out alright. Also, I'm jealous of you owning the soundtrack. The music is goooood.

Talking about walking sims. I'm thinking about picking up Dear Esther. Did you or anyone here play it? There's a tour going on this summer in which they do a live playthrough of the game in front of the public. Only difference is: the narration is fully live and so is the music. I wanna go, but I'm not going to buy tickets without having first played the game myself.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried No, I've never seen Fargo. Another recommendation? Because so far, you're batting a thousand!

Although your comments about recommendations being tough are dead-on. I've gotten one or two people to try games before that I was certain they'd love, only for them to turn around and kinda go "Was that it?" or, worse, just stop playing halfway through because it "didn't click" or something. Being so unlike anything else, Virginia is an even tougher thing to judge. I'm telling my friend about it via Skype right now and A: describing it with words is difficult enough, and B: I know the inevitable "Will I like it?" is coming and I don't know what to say!

Unfortunately, I've never played Dear Esther. The event you mention sounds delightful, though! I went to something similar for Star Trek, where they showed clips from the films and shows with speech and sound effects, and an orchestra played the music. If film, television or game soundtracks are as important to you as I think they might be, you'd love such an experience.

Making It So Since 1987

tomassi

I don't get much time to game (I'd say around 7-8 hours per week max) so I try to play lots of different games within that time (little bits and pieces of games here and there). So, this week I've been playing some PES 2018, Guacamelee, Rugby League Live 3, Shadow of the Beast, Ratchet and Clank, Rime and Don Bradman Cricket.

If I get a bit of extra time at the weekends I try and play some multiplayer games with my 6 year old son - he loves Minecraft, Lego Worlds, Plants V Zombies 2, Towerfall Ascension, Goat Simulator, Speed Runners, Black & White Bushido etc.

My 4 year old daughter absolutely revelled in playing LocoRoco the other day as well which was lovely to see.

tomassi

redd214

Burning through the Darksiders series again for a couple of easy platinums. Playing some nascar heat 2 online then moving onto the infamous games.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic