Twitter:

Octane

Hm.. Let's see..

1. The Last of Us Remastered
2. Uncharted 4
3. The Witness
4. Hyper Light Drifter
5. Fez

It's virtually impossible, cause I know I'm leaving out at least another handful of very good games that definitely deserve a spot in the top 5.

Octane

fabisputza00

1. Witcher 3
2. The Last of Us
3. Uncharted 4
4. PES 2016
5. GTA 5

fabisputza00

Mega-Gazz

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

At the moment:
1) Bloodborne
2) Dark Souls 3
3) Diablo 3
4) Last of Us
5) Borderlands the Handsome Collection

QFT.

I was going to write out my own list, but apparently @arnoldlayne83 already did that for me.

Mega-Gazz

themcnoisy

Ok so my top 5 games right now in half a gens worth of time;

1) Rocket League
2) One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
3) MGS V Phantom Pain
4) Destiny
5) Driveclub

Wanted to shoehorn GTA V, TLOU, Resogun, videoball and Rogue Legacy in and all 5 would round out my top 10, then tales from the Borderlands, Hotline Miami, Fez, gone home, Cod advanced warfare and Pacman 256 would be sat inside my top 16.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Rudy_Manchego

Hmmm tough one.

1) TLOU Remastered
2) Everbody's Gone to the Rapture
3) Uncharted 4
4) Rocket League
5) Journey

I will say though that there are a good few games I haven't played yet that I know might well deserve to be on this list. Namely, Witcher 3, Bloodbourne, GTA V and Hyper Light Drifter.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Speedy67

I haven't played that much more than 5 PS4 games but here's mine for now:

1. Rocket League
2. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
3. Trackmania Turbo
4. FIFA 16
5. Destiny

I want to play Ratchet & Clank, though, and that would most likely take my top spot or at least number two, and I've got a feeling I'm gonna love The Last Guardian and Steep.

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

Kidfried

A lot has changed in the last few months with regards to my favourite PS4 games.

1. The Talos Principle
I still think about this game all the time. Not only were the puzzles very smart, but I have to admit that the game actually changed my outlook on life a bit. It's a testament to the fact that games can be art, although the game won't be for everyone.
2. The Last of Us Remastered
3. Ratchet & Clank
4. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
It was actually hard to choose between this one and Far Cry 4. They are both great open world games, that's for sure. The music in this game however makes this one stand out.
5. Towerfall Ascension
This game has been on my PS4 for years now, but only recently I realized that it is one of my favourites. I play this game always whenever I have friends over, making it one of my most played games on the system. I chose Rocket League in my previous post in this topic as the best multiplayer game, but I have changed my mind. That is due to a few reasons.Random online multiplayer is not very fun anymore (terrible community) and the updates didn't improve the game in any way. Playing against people from Push Square still remains a delight though. Towerfall on the other hand I never get tired of, what a great game.

Kidfried

Octane

I can easily say that The Witcher 3 deserves a spot in my top 5 now that I've player enough of the game. Still think it's a bit too buggy and glitchy at times. If it wasn't, it may have ended up a little higher even.

1. The Last of Us Remastered
2. Uncharted 4
3. The Witcher 3
4. The Witness
5. Hyper Light Drifter

Octane

Tasuki

Been awhile since I updated this and yes my best of 2016 was in the news feed a few days ago but this is overall.

Old List

1. Call of Duty Black Ops III
2. Overwatch
3. Transformers Devestation
4. Diablo 3: UEE
5. Rocket League

New List

1. Overwatch
2. Modern Ware Remastered
3. Black Ops 3
4. Fallout 4
5. Lego Dimensions

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Rudy_Manchego

Old List (May)

1) Last of Us Remastered
2) Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
3) Uncharted 4
4) Journey (remastered)
5) Shadow Of Mordor (toss up between this and MGSV) but I like orc killing.

New List:

1) Last of Us Remastered
2) Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
3) Inside
4) Uncharted 4 - hard choice but played Inside twice now.
5) Firewatch

I still have masses of games that I haven't got yet, including Bloodborne and Witcher 3 so the list is limited!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Gamer83

Old:
1. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2. Ratchet & Clank
3. inFamous: Second Son
4. Resident Evil: Revelations 2
5. Mortal Kombat X

New:
1. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
2. Ratchet & Clank
3. Rise of the Tomb Raider
4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
5. inFamous: Second Son

Upon reflection, while I really like Uncharted 4, I didn't find myself to be wanting to go back to it as much as R&C so I moved the latter ahead of it.

Gamer83

Acquiescence

1. The Last Guardian
2. Uncharted 4
3. Gravity Rush Remastered
4. Grand Theft Auto V
5. Overwatch

Was tempted to put The Last of Us in there, but I never managed to play it on the PS4 so it felt a bit disingenuous to do so.

I completed The Last Guardian a few days ago and I can't stop thinking about it. It affected me on a deep level and I don't think any other game has had quite the same emotional impact on me as the growing bond between the boy and Trico. That game alone was worth buying a PS4 for.

Acquiescence

themcnoisy

Yay its back!

Old top 5;
1) One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
2) Rocket League
3) Uncharted 3
4) MGS V Phantom Pain
5) Table Top Racing

New top 5 - of ALL TIME (on ps4)
1) Rocket League
2) MGS V Phantom Pain
3) Final Fantasy 15
4) Driveclub
5) One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

Resogun, TLOU remastered, Infamous second son (pro), Rogue Legacy and Destiny round out my top 10.

I was running my top 5 as to what I was playing at the time. Here on in its my best on the PS4 Platform.

@Acquiescence: @Gamer83: @Rudy_Manchego: I found U4 to be overrated and have really struggled to motivate myself to play the game. I've noticed it on all your lists and am wondering if I've missed something.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

F-racsO

1. The Witcher 3
3. Bloodborne
4. Fallout 4
5. Tomb Raider: DE

I've only had my PS4 since last March so I have many games yet to play. I'm sure my list will change in the future though.

F-racsO

PSN: F_racsO

Octane

Sorry HLD, but you gotta make place for TLG. Seriously, any game that starts with ''The Last'' turns out to be a masterpiece. ''The Last of Knack'', bam!, masterpiece, easy million seller. I need to work for Sony.

1. The Last Guardian
3. The Witcher 3
4. Uncharted 4
5. The Witness

Also, the Witcher 3 moved up in the ranks, I finished the main story and I just started the DLC. It's becoming one of my favourites too.

Octane

Gamer83

@themcnoisy:
How did you feel about past Uncharted games? I've liked all of them and thought from a gameplay perspective 4 was the most refined and while I didn't enjoy the story overall or some of the side characters as much as the what was in 2, I did like the pirate story the best out of any background story in the series. The recent Naughty Dog games definitely seem to split opinion though, they've very popular but also have many detractors because of how story heavy they are. I guess maybe that's a factor? That's definitely a driving force in these games. The gameplay itself isn't bad, but it's also nothing mind blowing, it's finding out what's going to happen next that gave me the most thrills.

Gamer83

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy: Not sure you have necessarily missed anything with UC4. As @Gamer83 said, they are story heavy. As you can tell from my list, I am someone who loves a good yarn and characters in a game, even over gameplay sometimes. That is just a personal preference.

From a gameplaying viewpoint, UC4 is not the best or most innovative. It does what it does pretty well but there are plenty of games that do similar things so I can see why the gameplay hasn't necessarily floored them.

I think it placed high for me was because of the story and characters and because they pulled off, in my opinion, a good ending for a franchise. Endings are really uncommon in the gaming industry where franchises and characters need to be milked. While I think we will see more Uncharted games, I don't think they will continue the Nathan Drake character so it was refreshing for the story to have an ending and it feel like a real ending. I also felt that in places, this game felt like a movie that could be played and it had a big blockbuster cinematic feel. So I think it is original in that fact.

However, if you aren't gripped by the characters and story (and those are unique to individuals likes/dislikes) I would say that other than pretty graphics, there isn't a whole lot of reasons to rank it high. So I get why some people aren't as enthused by UC4 as I am.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.