Forums

Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 305

HallowMoonshadow

Seeing as it's been a few dats I'll update my progress

I'm level 11 now with all the basic Griffin School Gear and completed Velen's part in the main story (for now) I know I did it the last time I played, but I killed the tree spirit this time around too. I know the Crones and I'll keep them as close as I can (as the saying goes for enemies). Have yet to go with the Bloody Baron to get Anna though

• I did the Witcher contract Wild At Heart I let the werewolf kill the sister of his wife (whom she'd let get murdered out of jealousy) , before he then begged me to kill him
  • I did the manor quest... Meeting up with Letho in the process. I remembered a little too late that Letho was trying to fake his death. Stilll... He's on his way to Kaer Morhen at least
  • Did the contract for the monster by the gates attacking Redanian soldier supplies I snarkily said I was out for a stroll though and ended up having to fight them...

Did some Gwent quests as well and got a bunch of good cards.

Also encountered my first two notable glitches.

One being a minor graphical one where the dwarf banker turned into Rayman with invisible arms and visible hands (I have screenshots lol)

The other more notable glitch was for the High Stakes City Players Gwent questline as it completed itself early. Hopefully it'll uncomplete itself when I progress the storyline in Novigrad and I can challenge the other two players...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

🎵You flee, my dream come the morning...🎵

... Been humming "The Wolven Storm" since it was performed in the Kingfisher. Loved it the first time round and soon as the lute started I remembered it. Not gonna get that out my head anytime soon... 😅

The tavern owner from White Orchard popping up here is a bit contrived isn't it?

The High Stakes City Players Gwent questline sorted itself out when I met Dijkstra... Beat him and the elf afterwards... Now have a ridiculous 15 Power Ciri in all 4 decks!

Haven't done a whole lot else. I met the guy whom was tied up at the beginning to be offed by Drowners... Really should've left him to them... Cut him down myself

Also went to the island with the singing That Rock troll was too adorable even if he may've ate some corpses... I painted the bird thing for him too 😂

Oh and here's that Dwarven banker who glitched out a little last time and became Rayman

Untitled

Untitled

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

Oh and here's that Dwarven banker who glitched out a little last time and became Rayman

I'm... not seeing the comparison.

It sounds like you're enjoying your time with the game, though. Even when the rock trolls are doing horrible things like eating people, I have a big of a hard time bringing myself to kill them. They're clearly sapient, but also seem to lack a basic moral compass, which makes it difficult to judge them by my more human standards of conduct.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah No! Kill them all! Every monster must die! I was quite ruthless when required during my playthrough.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder Well, I'll kill them if I have to. But I don't care for it. They're fairly innocent creatures, all things being equal. Not like bandits. They've eaten of the fruit, and still chose to be evil, so I feel no remorse when Geralt starts slicing them in half.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

The pictures aren't the best of showing the graphical glitch @Ralizah but his arms disappeared so he just has hands... or at least his forearms went

I am enjoying the Witcher III ... I said before I did think it was a solid game and I have to admit I'm appreciating it a lot more this time round

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I had a strange glitch where Geralt had his arm in a weird 'L' shaped position, almost like it was in a cast but with no cast showing. It would not allow me to change armour either, and I had one of the lamest sets on. It only lasted a few days until it got fixed with a patch, but it was quite funny watching Geralt trying to point or gesture with his arm stuck in that weird position!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ha I just got past the bit where the Inn owner from White Orchid appeared in Novigrad and had a bit of a disconnect. I was like, White Orchid is miles and miles away and there is a war and frontlines between and the roads are terrible and they managed to get across just to shout at Geralt?

I've just left Novigrad and am on Skellige. About Level 19 I think. I have just focused on contracts, sides quests and story. Haven't done all the question marks unless I run into them naturally.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

... I think that exact same thing might've happened to me @JohnnyShoulder on my first playthrough!

This was also the first game that caused a ps4 error message and go back to the main menu... Then I played fallout 4 😂

Yeah never mind the twenty million wolves or Ghouls on the way too... Or that Geralt saved her from getting her face smashed in by those "Temarian boys" @Rudy_Manchego

And yeah... way too many points of interest to tackle!

I also encountered a quest I never played before on my previous playthrough of this.

The "Of Dairy and Darkness" one

Shame the Emmentaler is a fairly low level sword... I'd use it just for the name alone!

Rudy_Manchego

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That is one of my biggest gripes in all video games, when you have NPC's that appear throughout the game effortlessly, despite the fact you have had to fight yourself silly across levels or worlds and they wander up to you as if nothing has happened and they had taken a nice Sunday stroll. Happens a lot if Tomb Raider and Uncharted - you have climbed and swung and destroyed bridges and handholds to get somewhere only for 50 armed thugs to turn up with no issue.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha I don't think anything like that happens again in the Witcher III @Rudy_Manchego but who knows at this point. You've got the dlcs as well to play through which I know absolutely nothing about... Maybe she pops up there as well to moan at you! 😂

Tasuki

So I am finally getting around to this game but before I play it I wanted to make sure is playing the first two games needed to understand and enjoy this game?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

HallowMoonshadow

Not really @Tasuki.

There's a few events that are alueded to/mentioned from the previous game but it's more or less it's own thing. I've only played this and it's perfectly understandable and fine to play as a standalone title

Thrillho

@Tasuki I never played them and still found it to be one of my favourite games. It’s worth a quick read on previous games to get some of the relationships and who the Wild Hunt are but it’s not necessary.

After what is essentially the prologue, there is a little scene where a scribe asks you to clarify a few things which acts a bit like decisions from previous games but that seems like a pretty superficial thing.

Thrillho

Nei

Just finished episode 5...loving it!

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Splat

Yeah, the show is actually pretty good. I'm pretty happy with the casting outside of Triss who I feel is totally wrong.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

Anyway back to the game....

I started it this morning and wow!!!! I have only played about an hour but I can tell I am going to like this game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.