Forums

Topic: Street Fighter V OT Dojo

Posts 121 to 140 of 224

Nei

themcnoisy wrote:

Great fighting, but I'm disappointed as I cant get online over the last 2 nights so no fight points towards the extra characters, only just logged in whilst writing this funnily enough, then an error occurred and crashed the game the character story modes are an absolute joke. 3 x 1 round fights. Really? But yes the fighting feels solid but I really don't like the business model and lack of arenas. But hey ho, worth playing and I can see myself putting in some time into this one, if the online started working.

I am sorry about the online ! It works really fine for me (only had some troubles at launch) - yes the fighting is very good and the characters stories are incredibly short...more of a prologue for the general story mode. Should ave been called prologues. Love the consistency of the lore and the art style used, though.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

DerMeister

When is that Story DLC due, anyway? Is that next up now that the characters are done?

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

sub12

@adf86:

I know, you saw a "complete" fighting game with solid online and deep mechanics, and you said,..........meh, I would rather play a DLC generator just cause I'm familiar with it's name.

sub12

sub12

Street Fighter 5 metacritic critic: 77
Street Fighter 5 metacritic user: 34

KOF 14 metacritic critic: 81
KOF 14 metacritic user: 86

sub12

Nei

@sub12: currently playing both games and while KOF came in a better package by far, the game itself feels nowhere near as tight and good as SFV does. In the end I feel like I really don't care too much about all the bells and whistles if the game itself doesn't wow me and the presentation feels subpar and cheap...not saying it's a bad game (working my way to the platinum trophy), but I can see a lot of people sticking with SFV and forgetting about KOF14 very quickly. It feels like a good but irrelevant game. On the contrary, the controversy regarding SFV it's kind of a testament of how relevant it is and we all hope Capcom learns from it. That's my two cents anyway and what I foresee but I don't want to start a flame or anything though! Opinions are personal and to each is own...

@DerMeister: it has already been released. It is a separate but free DLC you can download from the PS Store or Steam. It's called "A shadow falls" or something like that.

P.s. Finally finished every character's trials in SFV! That pesky trial 10 for Juri got me working on my inputs quite a lot.

Edited on by Nei

sub12

@adf86:

.................so your saying, KOF14!!! Thank god, so many blind Capcom fanboys out there........

sub12

sub12

@adf86:

If you had an open mind and a penchant for good fighting games you would be.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

themcnoisy

Man, I'm constantly getting the CE 80 whatever it is error message, so annoying I cant get into a single online match but seemingly can log in and play a bit of survival and story to gain bp. Its quick to gain bp and I've already bought guile. Yay go me.

Cleared the story missions again and the level all characters to level 5 has glitched, how do you check what level your characters are?

I think my PS4 is a shoddy build like ive commented before, so annoyed I never took it back whilst in warranty.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

DerMeister

@themcnoisy Hopefully your PS4 isn't busted. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the game acted up or something.

This would probably be the part where @sub12 flies in to tell you to get KOFXIV.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

sub12

@themcnoisy:

I bet you wouldn't get the CE 80 warning with KOF14, unlike Capcom, SNK actually "quality controls" their games.........

Edited on by sub12

sub12

themcnoisy

@Tasuki: More likely I would hold off and reset up the x360 and wait for a pricedrop on a pro plus vr bundle.

@DerMeister: I reckon my ps4s CPU or Ram is wonky, as in the amount of compute units or necessary Ram for huge functions just isn't there. Sounds mad but this error message has popped up in 5/6 games. I'm no IT expert but reading up on it last night that's the conclusion I've come to my PS4 is gen 1 with the old WiFi unit which probably doesn't help either.

@sub12: If it carries on that's the game I will trade in for.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Nei

@themcnoisy: that sucks hope you can fix it somehow...I would double check for KOF14 anyway before buying it (let someone lend theme to you or rent it), it wouldn't probably give you errors but its online is generally worse and more laggy than SFV's one as you can find out checking forums. Quick example: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181157-the-king-of-fighters-xi...

So people that have some connection problems with SFV, generally tends to have really terrible online with KOF, and that is happening with my FCG friends on PSN at the moment...could depend on a variety of things though!

Edited on by Nei

sub12

@Feena:

The Youtubers seem to be pretty happy with KOF14 online post patch (did you know about this patch sir!?, the one that came out about a month ago).

I've had no problems online as well.

So alas, quit your yapping, stop playing bandwagon SF (unless it's Alpha 2/3), and go and buy yourself some KOF instead.

Bust-ahh-wof all over SF5's shameful face.

sub12

sub12

The time has come to unleash the "Haoh Sho Ko Ken" against all of these SF5 pansies who prefer DLC and purdy graphics over finely tuned old-school 2D fighting gameplay in a complete package.

Yakitsukusu!!

sub12

Nei

@sub12: could YOU please stop? I am having fun with both games, the online in Street Fighter V tends to be more stable and more populated, fact. Are you playing the game?

AdamNovice

@sub12: If SNK did quality control then KOF14 wouldn't have those graphics.
And your constant "KOF 14 is better then SF" is getting pathetic now. Just enjoy KOF and let those enjoy SF as well, instead of dragging down the whole tone of this thread.

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Nei

TripleGK wrote:

I'm game for anyone to have a few matches with on Street Fighter V haven't got too many people on my friends list who have it, My PSN is the same as my name on here.

will add you!

Edited on by Nei

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.