Forums

Topic: Street Fighter V OT Dojo

Posts 101 to 120 of 224

WanderingBullet

@Wesker: No problem. Like you, I too am just a casual Street Fighter fan. Currently, I'm just waiting for them to introduced the Daily Challenges since the Normal Survival Modes are a little bit too difficult for me.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

sub12

This game just pisses me off thinking about it, I think it's the first title to really do that.

sub12

WanderingBullet

Looks like the Story Mode costumes are gonna cost 40,000 Fight Money each. Capcom is also giving both Ryu's and Chun Li's Story Mode costumes on Mar 30th to all players for free as an apology for the game's continued troubles.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

AdamNovice

Heads up, the story expansion is available right now to pre load on PSN. Just go onto the store, select DLC then new releases and it should be there. The file is 8.1GB.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

AdamNovice

The big September for SFV is out now which includes Urien, daily targets and stage transitions. But there's a neat bonus, while it looked like the classic Urien skin wasn't going to be available, it turns out that you can get it. On the character select screen once you've chosen Urien and the match is loading hold Light Punch, Medium Kick and Heavy Punch. Now in his intro Urien should burn off his suit to reveal his classic look and this happens regardless of what outfit he has too.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@adf86: I think now is a good time to buy SF5, I'm probably picking it up as the next game on my list.

The improvements have made the game better and at this point I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face in ignoring it any longer.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Nei

^ It's a very good update. The game itself has always been very strong but now you have a lot to do even if you plan on never fighting online.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

DerMeister

I heard about the update yesterday. Urien looks cool. Also, VS CPU is in now. Bout time.

@themcnoisy I think so too. I was actually pondering this myself, since I haven't followed the game since Guile: Mall Cop was revealed back in April. Can anyone else speak for the content?

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Nei

@DerMeister: after Guile, they added Balrog, Ibuki, Juri and Urien. Ibuki and Juri are new takes on the characters' playstyle: not a fan of Ibuki's new version but Juri is amazing imho.
Trials for every characters + demonstrations for the base and advanced mechanics of the game + a beginner guide for every single characters have been made available. (funny thing: even watching these demonstrations nets you fight money).
A cinematic story expansion where you play as every character in the game is available as a separate free dlc. Hard mode unlocks after you beat it, clearing it earns you more FM.
A punishment system for "rage quitters" resulting in league points loss and temporary ban from the servers is now in place. Lastly, yesterday they added fight money missions, vs CPU mode and stage KOs for most stages.
Aside from this, you can purchase some stages and costumes. I think I am forgetting something but that should be the bulk of it.

Edited on by Nei

themcnoisy

@DerMeister: @Feena: I've bought SF5 now so will give my opinion later tonight.

Nei

@themcnoisy: waiting for your impressions

AdamNovice

@themcnoisy: Hope you enjoy it mate, like I said many times, it has it's problems but it's an incredible fighter. Also the season pass is only about 12 quid till tuesday if you don't fancy grinding for fight money.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

DerMeister

@Feena Thanks for the info. Looks much better than it was four months ago. Still have to see for myself, but it sounds like this game is finally living up to it's potential.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

Nei

@adf86: yes, it's a very good deal. Then you can use your fight money for other stuff... @DerMeister: agreed, and you're more than welcome.

AdamNovice

@Feena: Yeah I'd say it's worth the price now that they've added those character's colours on top of the outfits too.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

Great fighting, but I'm disappointed as I cant get online over the last 2 nights so no fight points towards the extra characters, only just logged in whilst writing this funnily enough, then an error occurred and crashed the game the character story modes are an absolute joke. 3 x 1 round fights. Really? But yes the fighting feels solid but I really don't like the business model and lack of arenas. But hey ho, worth playing and I can see myself putting in some time into this one, if the online started working.

Edited on by themcnoisy

sub12

Quit all of this Street Fighter talk and go and play some KOF kiddos.

sub12

DerMeister

@sub12 Give me a PS4 and a copy of the game so I can then.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.