Forums

Topic: Nier: Automata

Posts 161 to 180 of 313

ellsworth004

@KratosMD congratulations!!! Yes a very good game. Makes me happy Everytime i see someone else get so into it as i did. Probably one of the best game experiences I've ever had. Guess i need too try and complete the dlc, it's pretty tough though.

Edited on by ellsworth004

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Th3solution

@KratosMD @ellsworth004 @kyleforrester87
Quick question - without spoiling anything of course 😉 do you (or anyone else who is a NieR enthusiast here) recommend skipping some of the side quests and saving them for later? I was thinking I’m pretty close to completing my first playthrough because I’m over 25 hours in now, yet story-wise I’m not anticipating a conclusion anytime soon (I just met and fought A2). I’ve just been so immersed and loving exploring the world, meeting new characters, and doing side quests, I’m now thinking that maybe I should save some of these for the following playthroughs. Are more side quests added that are unique to the follow-up runs? If I complete all the side quests now, will my second run be more boring? I understand that completion and progression carry over but the story changes, so I’m just a little confused if I’m playing the game “wrong” 😅 by spending so much time exploring, leveling up, and completing the points on the map.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution you can come back and do them, to be honest I found a lot of the side quests pretty dull - I'd say play the story and do a few side quests as you come across them then you can go back and do them all if you want at the end.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@KratosMD @kyleforrester87 Awesome! Thanks for the feedback guys. With that in mind I can probably finish the first route today. I’ll try to suppress my open world gaming obsessive-compulsiveness. 😆

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

Ok, so just random observation here while playing but ...
the voice acting —
It’s very good. Really, really good.
And I’m a little slow I guess as I’m over 25 hours into the game and still trying to place the characters voices because I know I’ve heard them before in other games.
I thInk is Operator 60’s voice actress the same as Morgana in Persona 5? And I know I’ve heard 2B and 9S before but can’t remember what other games those actors did.
And ... not sure if this is just a weird Japanese translation issue but they keep referring to Pascal as a “he,” using masculine pronouns but Pascal’s voice is clearly a female. Just a little quirky I guess. I know some Japanese games just use female voices for young prepubescent males, so maybe that’s it.

ellsworth004

@Th3solution yeah i have that same problem of feeling like i have to do everything or im gonna miss something. But like the others said, enjoy the main story and then come back and do side stuff if u want.

ellsworth004

ellsworth004

@KratosMD the dlc is a arena type of thing. It's not free though. I think i paid about $15 US for it. To be honest i haven't played it much, just enough to know that it's hard as crap lol.

ellsworth004

Th3solution

@ellsworth004 Well, I was mopping up a few more side quests today, was actually in the middle of one - finding the flowers for Emil, and went to an area on the map to find a flower and it triggered the final story mission and there was no going back so I did complete route A now and had a few quests just hanging at the end, but now I’m partly through the second play through.

That ending was great though! I’m excited to see the other endings, because if they get better, then I’ll be thrilled.

Th3solution

Ok my friends, I have been been joyfully hammering this game non-stop the last couple days and finally feel like I have “completed” it after about 55 hours of playtime. I didn’t finish 100% if the game but I feel like I can put it to rest for now, like I’ve experienced most all the game has to offer. All main endings complete, and about 12 out of the total 26 endings.
Got the platinum — got about 70% of the trophies on my own but ended up buying the last of them ... like the ones for maxing all weapons, beating Emil, and getting all the archives, etc
And I gotta say ... GOTY, baby!!!! I already chose it for my GOTY after only playing the first 30 hours or so, and I feel even more struck by this game after “finishing” it. Although it seems to just keep going on and on, I loved every minute, as each playthrough added more and more. Honestly, if I didn’t have so many games in my backlog, I would keep playing it to finish all the side quests (I completed the requisite 80% for the related trophy) and obtain all the minor endings, but I really need to move on to other games in my backlog. Besides the true ending is so perfect, I feel like I want to just leave it at that. It is appropriately ambiguous enough to leave some for interpretation and hope for the future, but yet conclusive enough that you feel like all the characters had some resolution. I definitely need some time to ponder it all though. There are so many thoughts going through my mind now, I can’t even organize them. But I am just so happy to have played this masterpiece. The game is so unique and innovative, I wonder if anything else I can play will live up to it.

Edited on by Th3solution

DistortedAndroid

@Th3solution
Think you summed up the true ending perfectly there. I did the same as yourself after that point (even though I'd intended to mop up all side quests and mini endings) and just left it at that. It just seemed right!

Can't remember another game where I've just sat staring at the TV after it properly finished, taking in everything and considering the possibilities and ideas it had just thrown at my brain.
Took a few days after that to finally stop thinking about it all!

For sure agree with you on its goty status for last year... It had it all: Tight, fun and varied gameplay. Originality in spades in every way, not least the structure. Accessibility but also depth. And the detail not just on the constantly surprising story but in every character, quest and relationship was genius.

I could gush over Nier all day so time to stop but good to hear from others who enjoyed it just as much.

Always game

Th3solution

@DistortedAndroid Yeah, I just love awesomely realized endings like this one. I do miss the game and its characters now that I’ve moved on from playing it. Kind of a weird how one can feel connected to gaming characters (and androids to boot!) but I think that’s one of the underlying themes and points in the game. The ability to make emotional relationships is what gives us life.
I considered getting the DLC when I was browsing through the PS store but I’d heard there wasn’t much gameplay, just arena play and outfits. For $15 it was a pretty steep price for just that. Did you get the DLC?

Edited on by Th3solution

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution As much as I want to support Nier I also didn't get the DLC.. I agree it is just a bit too pricey for what amounts to very little extra content. I've hoped for a sale but not seen it show up in one.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, I considered purchasing it just to support the developer and do my part to get a sequel or offshoot game. I read on the other thread someone said physical copies of this game are hard to find now. That makes me happy to see they are selling out. I know it’s not getting mass produced in the West like most AAA games and the shortages come from a low supply, but demand must be high too. That’s awesome!
*On a separate but related note, I’m playing Gravity Rush 2 and there are several outfits for Kat and I can’t help but play the game dressed in the 2B outfit. It’s the next best thing to playing more NieR. 😂

Edited on by Th3solution

ellsworth004

@Th3solution I got the dlc, and yeah it's pretty much just outfits and arena play. It's very challenging though, I haven't beat it.

ellsworth004

DistortedAndroid

@Th3solution Yeah, it's brilliant how the game gives you an emotional, very human attachment to the android characters. Definitely adds a lot to the story.

No I didn't get the dlc. As much as I'd have liked more content, I felt the same as most here that it didn't seem like a whole lot more for the price point.

Always game

shonenjump86

I’m currently playing this game. I like it.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

PSN: Shonen86

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.