Forums

Topic: Nier: Automata

Posts 301 to 313 of 313

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I’ll be interested to hear peoples thoughts on it also… and of course yours if you do start it. Ever-loving bargain-Hunter that I am, I managed to snag it from Amazon for £20 on a deal a couple of months back.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Nice! Not sure the exact exchange rate but that seems like around $25-30 and that’s a steal. I’ll definitely let you know if I take the plunge. I’ve just re-read the Push Square review and it seems like the game is pretty good, maybe better than I was giving it credit for. ShogunRok says to just mainline it and skip the side quests to make the experience better, since that’s the greatest weakness. Of course, if a platinum is your goal, then that’s not an option for you. Unless there is a trophy shop at the end where you can just buy the trophies you’re missing, like in Automata. (Which was just one other brilliant and unconventional moves that the game did along with the save swipe and all the other weird and surprising design choices)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah, I’d forgotten about the fact you could buy some trophies after a few playthroughs 🤣 crazy-genius that Taro fairplay 👏

**** DLC!

R1spam

@Th3solution thanks for the youtube clip, I had picked up on some of what the thrust of robots you met were in terms of theme but had no clue of the direct link to the philosophers (or had even not heard of a couple of them).

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Thrillho

@R1spam I still think the highlight of the game is the robot version of Romeo and Juliet

The final ending is alright too I guess..

Thrillho

Bentleyma

I started NieR:Automata yesterday and just got Ending A a couple of hours ago. Definitely one of those games that’s so good I wonder why I didn’t play it sooner. I think I prefer NieR Replicant so far. Maybe that will change after I play more of Automata, but I just prefer the setting of Replicant.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

R1spam

@Thrillho yup made me lol! I really struggled with some of the hacking games, the twin stick shooter sections were brutal!

XBOX: Placebo G

PSVR_lover

I loved NieR Automata, loved the story and the strangeness of it all……

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Thrillho

@Bentleyma- Ending A is more like the end of chapter 1 than finishing the game.

Run B can feel a bit repetitive but the story starts to become much more interesting!

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Bentleyma

@Thrillho I don’t mind my second playthrough being repetitive really. There was no point during my first play through that I didn’t like, so I have no problem having to do most of it again.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@velio84 don’t worry, although playthru 2 is ‘similar’ to 1… 3 is like a sequel if anything. Can’t remember 4 and 5 but they must’ve been either really quick or save-scummable.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@velio84 yeah the OST is my favourite in all of gaming… the narrative is also especially top-tier also. By the time you finish playthru 3, I reckon you’ll know what I mean 😉

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@velio84 Yeah, @colonelkilgore is right in that the second run covers the same beats as the first but from a different perspective. The others are much different and that's where the story gets most interesting!

EDIT: so calling then "play throughs" kind of mis-sells it as the ones to come are more like different chapters if anything.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.