Forums

Topic: Nier: Automata

Posts 141 to 160 of 313

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yes it's very similar up to a certain point where you might remember in 2B's run you both get separated. But, the differences are not big, at least until then. You'll not have this concern in the third run.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD You do get into a bit of a groove with 9S later on, but my advice is just to push on. I don't want to oversell the third play through either but it is much more satisfying, and you'll enjoy the 2nd more as you progress. Frankly I'd say ignore the side quests and just mainline the story. You can always come back once you've finished the game.

kyleforrester87

ellsworth004

@KratosMD yeah my bad, wasn't thinking about the story, was just thinking on game mechanics, i definitely wouldn't want to spoil this gem for anyone

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yep, I found my groove as I got further through.

As for weapons I went for Contract and Treaty, too and then I just rotated them on the alternative slots. I'm casually playing through again now and using the spear and the big axe (i forget the names!). I do like how each weapon has two move sets.

There are a few "secret" moves (whether that be physical attacks, pod attacks or locomotion aids) that you should look up. For example:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NIDCU6lLIFc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPOMaW_cKDQ

Minor spoiler below won't matter for Kratos
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=STBIWqRy0nI

Love the fist bump with Pod at the end haha.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Th3solution

@KratosMD @kyleforrester87 Thanks for the video secrets. I was playing last night and trying to get from rooftop to rooftop. I need to practice this.
I have been using the Virtuous Contract Level 2 and the Virtuous Dignity Spear Lev 1 that you find in the sewers. I have a short sword too Beastbane that I bought in my 2nd slot with the VC that I can switch back and forth. I mainly just bought it because it looked cool. I’m of course very early on still - about 7 hours in. Have been to Pascals village and am just doing some side quests for fun before moving on with the story.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

9S ends up being my favourite character by the end of the game, I really didn't like him at all at first

kyleforrester87

Th3solution

@KratosMD Ok, I’m kind of getting the hang of it a little. I can jump a lot further than I could before, thank you. While experimenting around jumping off of buildings I accidentally made 2B do a skydive/ belly flop type move instead. That was weird. Hadn’t seen that yet.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

NieR Automata is a strange beast.
I felt really underwhelmed for the first 2 playthroughs. There was only really one moment that made me go: 'Wow, this is incredible' (theatre boss). There were also some launch day issues on regular PS4 that hampered my enjoyment of it (game crash, lip syncing issues...).
That final playthrough changed everything. I can't think of a game that changed my opinion that quickly. In my mind it went from average to masterpiece.
Every now and then I'll stick the OST on during my work out and the memories come rushing back.

I feel strangely satisfied by NieR Automata. It was an incredible experience in the same vain of The Last Guardian and Hellblade. I don't have the urge to ever play the game again. I don't even know if I would be interested in a sequel.
It's so bizarre, much like the game itself.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight I love hearing that, because over halfway through my first play through, I am gleefully obsessed and the game is hitting its stride. If it gets better then I’m going to be thrilled.

There really has been a spike in difficulty, though, after the big boss in the middle of the game. The enemies are so much more aggressive now and I’m failing a lot more, but it is making it more fun in a way.
And I just opened up fast travel!!! When that happened I was so happy — the side quests are becoming so numerous now. I just wish I would have spent less time doing side quests before this, wasting time running around the map, because it will be so much more efficient now. But it helped to teach me the complicated map (which is one of my few complaints) and the game play and movements. I’m getting better at long jumping
Also giddy because I found my second pod as well, so that opens up some new battle options.

Edited on by Th3solution

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Th3solution I don't know, I felt weirdly reflective this morning. Must have been the forums GOTY thread . I was debating whether it would be my GOTY if it was a little more streamlined.
I'm glad your enjoying the game. It really does go from strength-to-strength so you have the best yet to come .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Nope you'll swap back and forth between them and see everything regardless of who you choose. You'll also have a certain choice at the very end, which you should then reload after the credits and make the other choice, which will then give you the final ending!

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

I love the voice acting in this game too. 9S in particular, his performance gets better and better toward the end.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yup I had like 20 cores that I was holding on to lol. I think old books are worth quite a bit too, 5k?

I felt the upgrades and economy all fall a bit flat in this game by the end, unfortunately.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD err just reload and pick 9S - to be honest I THINK it works like I said, either that or 9S has the full ending. I'm not 100% sure because i did the same as you, went a2. You'll get a nice choice at the very end!

kyleforrester87

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.