Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter World PS4

Posts 201 to 220 of 393

Fight_Teza_Fight

@NathanUC Now that I've got the thunder resist mantle it should make it easier to farm. Might start experimenting with different weapons too. I have been unable to upgrade my insect glaive for a while now & it took me almost 40 minutes to take a Diablos down with it.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Splat

Fight_Teza_Fight wrote:

@NathanUC Now that I've got the thunder resist mantle it should make it easier to farm. Might start experimenting with different weapons too. I have been unable to upgrade my insect glaive for a while now & it took me almost 40 minutes to take a Diablos down with it.

If you haven't already make sure you buy the Powercharm. Just carrying it with you increases your attack. It's not cheap and you have to be so far along in the story before you can buy it but it's well worth it. The Armorcharm isn't a bad idea either.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

NathanUC

@Splat yep I've already gotten both and upgraded both. Other lesser known trick is the upgraded one stacks with the default! So you get 4 total charms.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Splat Funny you wrote that, because I only just bought both of them a couple of hours ago! I'm skint now, but I had plenty Legiana Hides to sell .
Yet to test them in combat, but seems to offer a decent enough boost.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Splat

Playing High Rank with random people is hit or miss but when it hits man is it great!

Octane

Since I've managed to get far enough into the game in time, I did the Horizon Zero Dawn Palico Watcher gear quest. Beat the flying wyverns, and I got a Watcher Lens, but you need two for the armour set! Can I repeat the same quest for the second lens?

Octane

Splat

Octane wrote:

Since I've managed to get far enough into the game in time, I did the Horizon Zero Dawn Palico Watcher gear quest. Beat the flying wyverns, and I got a Watcher Lens, but you need two for the armour set! Can I repeat the same quest for the second lens?

Yes. You can do it as many times as you need.

Shellcore

@Octane Don't miss the palico weapon which is under the regular palico gear menu, not the full armour set.

PSN: Aleks-UK

Octane

@Shellcore Yeah I got it. Well, I got the three Watcher Lenses at least. I bought the armour, but I don't have the other item for the weapon yet.

Octane

Splat

Credits just rolled! 10 out of 10 would buy again. Fantastic game...

andreoni79

@Splat Good job! I'm 50 hours in and I'm still in 5 star Low Rank because I'm collecting every single armor even if I don't need them! Having some problem with the first Diablo. Any suggestion?

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Splat

andreoni79 wrote:

@Splat Good job! I'm 50 hours in and I'm still in 5 star Low Rank because I'm collecting every single armor even if I don't need them! Having some problem with the first Diablo. Any suggestion?

Craft Screamer Pods and fire them when he is underground. It will force him to come up and give you some free shots. Try to get his tail off as soon as possible. Much easier hunting with others...

I wouldn't go out of your way collecting all the low-rank armor. Once you unlock high-rank quests you can go after collecting HR armor.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Monster Hunter Worlds shipments have passed 6 million units worldwide at retail and digital. This makes it the fastest selling Monster hunter game to date. I expect this to hit 10 million lifetime with the PC version still to come.
https://www.dualshockers.com/monster-hunter-world-sales-six-m...

Also the second Horizon Zero Dawn cross over quest has been dated (Aloy armor & Bow). HR 11, The Proving will run from February 28th till March 16th. An Anjanath will be the target.
http://monsterhunterworld.com/eventquest/MHW_EventQuest_EN.pdf

Really happy for Capcom. I'm loving MHWorld, but Monster Hunter is mainstream now. This was a big gamble for Capcom that they had to get right. Now that Capcom knows it has got a monster on its hands I want to see them go ALL IN.

Monster Hunter World is likely going to outsell Star Wars Battlefront 2. Let that sink in. That's a win for the gamers .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

NathanUC

@Fight_Teza_Fight I keep seeing people calling it a gamble, but I don't really understand where they are getting that. Monster Hunter is already an INCREDIBLY successful series. There are over 75 million PS4s in the world and 30million Xbones. There was no better platform to release this title. I know they aren't as popular in Japan, but there is still a significant install base and many western fans have been screaming for a proper MH game for the last 10 years. It was a small gamble at most imo. The only real gamble was whether or not it would do well in western markets. It was always going to do well in Japan.

Last night, I found a pretty decent way to farm decorations. If you do the event quest to kill high rank Great Jagras, Great Girros, and Dodogama, you should be able to get 2-4 decorations per run. It's in the area, so loads fast and they can be killed within 5 minutes. I think I netted close to 20-30 decorations doing that last night!

The EDF deploys!!

Fight_Teza_Fight

@NathanUC Monster Hunter has always done really well in Japan. The PS4 & XBO are largely western consoles. There’s maybe a total of 7 million combined in Japan, which pales in comparison to the market share a Nintendo handheld would have.

Capcom needed the West to make up for it- and they have, but how many expected these kinds of numbers? Horizon is at ~4-5 mil a year after launch.
I imagine this game cost significantly more than the handheld releases, so it was a risk going after a market that may not be there.

I also think timing helped with high profile games being ‘disappointing’. It looks like a lot of the Destiny crowd in particular has moved on to MH World.

So I completed the ‘redefining the power couple’ quest...
Wow...! Fought Rathian & Rathalos by the wyern nest/dam. Won’t forget that one in a while! Almost felt like a scripted scene with all sorts of mayhem going on. Can’t wait to see what else is in store .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

NathanUC

@Fight_Teza_Fight Eh, Horizon isn't a great comparison. It's a PS4 exclusive, it's a new IP. Monster Hunter is multi-platform and a HUGELY successful series. Maybe I'm just way more optimistic, but there was no doubt in my mind that it would be a huge success.

Rathalos is and was always my favorite. I like the interactions between him and Rathian a lot! It's even cooler (but way mroe difficult) when bagelgoose shows up. I really really hope silver/gold raths show up in future add-on content.

The EDF deploys!!

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight Yeah, I think they timed the release really well. Obviously it’s a great high quality game, which is the first criterion, but the marketing, the use of the betas to stir interest, and the placement of a release date cunningly at a time when there wasn’t any similar games coming out for a while. I think they rode the wave of relative disappointment that gamers were feeling toward the other online games such as BFII. Also making the game perfectly functional as a solo game too has really buoyed sales. (I’m just guessing here) as the MP and the SP community can enjoy it. Kudos to the marketing team, as well as the development team, of course. I still haven’t bought it and not sure when I will, but I agree that it is a nice thing to see a game of this ilk without microtransactions sell well.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

I didn't think 'Shipments' was the same as sold though?

Still regardless of that, this is doing really well and am glad for fans of the series.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

XurAgentofthe9

Could you push Monster Hunter World a bit harder on Push Square please; I don't think you're trying hard enough guys!

XurAgentofthe9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.