Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,001 to 1,019 of 1,019

KratosMD

Started playing Resistance 2 now after finishing the first one and calling the sequel an improvement would be an understatement. Everything has been significantly improved, more frequent checkpoints, better controls, regenerating health, the story has a much larger scope now with a more interesting campaign, trophies and much more. The high difficulty is still there despite me playing the game on Casual, but at least it's more durable thanks to all the other improvements.

KratosMD

TruthfulVoice

I guess technically nothing really atm (too many PS4 games to focus on atm; 2017 has one of the best/most brutal release schedules in gaming history), but I've been playing Sega/Media Vision's Shining Resonance on-and-off since Christmas. I imported it 'cuz I got interested in seeing what they did before Valkyria Revolution comes out, plus I like Media Vision in general, and it looked like a Tales game and I'm a big, big fan of Xillia and Berseria. Language barrier is no problem as long as you're familiar with "the universal language of RPGs", and can spot quest markers and stuff on minimaps. Plus there's enough "anime expressions" going on to get the point of what characters are feeling/saying across. Was having a great time with it... then I got Tales of Berseria. And Gravity Rush 2. And Yakuza. And NieR Automata. And Horizon. And Dragon Quest Heroes 2. And Toukiden 2. And Snake Pass. And Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom. And Persona 5. etc. etc. etc.

I'll pick it up again later in the year.

I'll also occasionally fire up NFL Blitz when I wanna get some football video gameage in Besides the upcoming Mutant Football League, its not like there's any other option for arcadey football, so I figure that's staying on my PS3 hard drive for a long, long time.

But mostly just chugging away at my backlog games on the PS4. Seriously... there's so much current gen gaming to be done, my PS3 is spending a lot of time currently just sitting there unplugged (no sense in cranking up the Power Bill, y'know?).

TruthfulVoice

KratosMD

Playing Heavenly Sword now for the first time. Gotta say that this game is pretty good for an early (or launch?) PS3 game. It's really fun and the story is quite enticing. Looking forward to playing through this one.

KratosMD

KratosMD

Currently playing Metal Gear Solid 2 HD for the first time. While I'm loving the story and the gameplay feels really nice in comparison to the first game, the constant interruption of the codec is starting to get to me. I'm really glad though that I finally decided to sit down and play this one because I really want to get into this whole franchise.

KratosMD

FullbringIchigo

Lords of Shadow 2 although i'm dreading redoing that bloody stealth boss fight

i only seem to find comfort in the darkness

JoeBlogs

Just bought Persona 3 FES in the sale, so I'll give that a go when I eventually get through Persona 5. I've also got P4G on the go on Vita, so it's a Persona overload for me!

JoeBlogs

KratosMD

Started playing Heavy Rain today. I just gotta say that after playing games like The Last of Us, which has believable characters, dialogue etc, Heavy Rain just feels so amateurish in comparison. The beginning of the game was not impactful at all, even though it was supposed to be. Everything that happened didn't feel believable at all and I was left in shock at how bad the dialogue, the voice acting and the characters overall were. Not to mention that the gameplay feels like a tech demo. Yes I know I can move things with the right stick and QTEs are so futuristic, lol. This really felt like a game that would've only worked for its time and certainly not today with games like The Last of Us on the market.

But I gotta admit that I became more intrigued with the story a bit further in, what with the origami killer and all. I'm interested to see how it proceeds, but so far the gameplay has felt like a "real life simulator" more than something you want to do for fun. I'm guessing that they did that as a tutorial but still, it was anything but engaging. I'll just have to see if the rest of the game can hold up.

Also, that "Jason!" bit had me cracking up. So unbelievably bad, lol.

KratosMD

Reanfan7

Darkstalkers Resurrection, Guilty Gear Xrd, and I'm also doing a platinum trophy run on Trails of Cold Steel II.

Edited on by Reanfan7

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

Stats
Reviews: 531
Features: 206
Developer's Interviews: 41

News editors and reviewers to review games on Sony & Nintendo platforms are needed!

Twitter:

KratosMD

Just started playing Dead Space and while I'm not the biggest fan of horror games (yet), this one actually interests me a lot. The developers basically took the first Resident Evil, gave it a new setting and made it actually good. The controls feel great and modern, inventory management is much better (being able to drop items, cumulate ammo automatically, having a lot of item slots and being able to add more as you upgrade your suit etc.), the story is very intriguing and the tension is there all the time. Because my main grip with the first RE is that I feel so limited in what I can do and it's just not fun, while in DS it definitely feels like you have more control over your actions which makes it a better experience. I'm definitely looking forward to playing more of this franchise.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD I love DS. DS2 is one of my favourite games ever. Played it 3 times, don't think I played any other PS3 game through more than once.

DS3 is poor by comparison but.. it's still Dead Space!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, I can see why. The series basically took what RE 'invented' and made it more modern, fun and tense.

I actually played through a bit of DS3 when it was on PS+ and the opening of the game wasn't exactly what you'd hope for in a horror game. I did however find it quite enjoyable when you actually got into the survival horror part of the game, but it takes a long time to get there.. It really seems like some big companies who gain success with their horror franchises start making them more action packed in order to appeal to a wider audience, which is too bad considering DS3 was the last game in the series, for now at least. It would be cool to see them make a new one for current gen, but considering how EA is doing with its subsidiaries, I sadly don't have much hope for the franchise.

KratosMD

Tasuki

@KratosMD Well that and the creators of Dead Space are the founders of Sledgehammer Games. So of they do make a new one, it will be a whole new team that does it.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

KratosMD

@Tasuki Ah, I see. Well, that sucks. Maybe the success of RE7 can show EA that there really is a huge market out there for survival horror games.

KratosMD

Rudy_Manchego

I loved Dead Space 1 and 2. I liked them so much I even bought the anime dvd 'movies'. I have them on my 360 and I also have dead space 3 on the shelf but never touched it as a lot of friends warned me against it.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Reanfan7

Star Ocean: The Last Hope: International. Don't waste your time trying to get the platinum in this one. There are a couple of luck-based trophies and farming items for the two hardest trophies can take 500 hours or more...xP

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

Stats
Reviews: 531
Features: 206
Developer's Interviews: 41

News editors and reviewers to review games on Sony & Nintendo platforms are needed!

Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, I think it is one of those games that I bought thinking I would get to it but just never had the pull. I wanted the butt clenching terror of entering each room and not knowing how to configure my weapons!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic