@Leinad7 people still buy games in a green box? I always assumed people were smart and purchased blue boxes. This is why I've never been a fan of Microsoft look how they just abandoned you guys. Charging damn near the same as PS5 Hardware that it can't even match technically, and I'm referring to the pro.
I'm not one of those nerdy ass oh my PlayStation is better than your Xbox type dudes, it's just the way they conduct business, especially lately. I'll always go for those great single-player titles over their nonsense.
@GamingGod same here I was looking forward to that like crazy and it's pretty boring. The biggest problem with Forza is it doesn't force you to earn upgrades for your car. You basically have everything at your fingertips from the jump and I do not like that. One of the reasons underground did so well is you had to basically get to the end of the game to get your car to Peak speed and fully upgraded. I sure do miss those days. Nothing better than starting in a junker and either upgrading it to Max or selling it and buying a different slightly better car and so on.
@HonestHick wtf are you talking about? What does cpu have to *do with anything?
And play cyberpunk (or any other high end game) on a base ps5/xsx then a pro and come back and say that.
Crazy how many ppl use these comments or reddit as a platform to try and justify/convince themselves into not buying a pro by bashing it. Same with GTA, especially when you KNOW you're gonna buy it.
@Toot1st actually, it wont.. but ok. And most certainly not on the pro. Sounds like your just trying to convince yourself because of this cause you dont have one.
@OpheliaDynamight] 2 poor decisions in my opinion. Something tells me you'll regret not having both in time. Unless you have an OLED or at the very LEAST a 2.1 enabled tv, it's pointless having a pro anyway.
@ozkrmz so apparently this whole comment thread just turned into everybody bragging to strangers about what old ass consoles they have? What types of monitors and TVs they have?
" I don't have a pro but I have.." 🌽 who cares?
My opinion.. Returnal is by far the better game in every aspect, including gameplay. While I enjoyed Saros, the shield felt really gimmicky. Like they just wanted to add an extra layer to the onion that is basically Returnal 2. Gives the ppl who whined about the difficulty an unnecessary crutch.
The thing I really don't understand is how so many ppl are lauding the performance of Arjuns VA. While it wasn't terrible by any means, it certainly didn't stand out at all versus any other game I've played, including Returnal. I thought the VA for Selene did just as good, if not better. Not a very large sample size though either.
Anyway.. Returnal, to me.. is STILL the best PS5 exclusive game to date. I believe it's the best of this generation period, but that's just me.
Here's to hoping we get at least one more out of HM before they move on to something else.
@arsmolinarc] Sure. More recognition of a game that so many ppl were far too intimidated to play, let alone complete. This is exactly what HM DIDN'T want. Its a shame too because something tells me there won't be a 3rd entry and they'll just move on to an entirely differently genre. Very disappointing because I still consider Returnal the best ps5 exclusive to date.
@DrVenture6] I surely would on that one. While SSHD is a GREAT game, its certainly not HM at their best. That'd be Returnal.. and by a long mile. Best game of the Ps5 gen, in my opinion. At minimum.. its definitely their best game.
@Oram77] Thats like telling FromSoftware to stop making souls games? They found their niche, now perfect it with a final game in the trilogy. Personally, I'd love to go back and resolve selenes story. Maybe get her ass off that rock. Same planet, different biomes, enemies.
@Odium its a roguelike. You're not supposed to. But you can blame the ppl who whined and cried "RETURNAL IS TOO HARD!!" for the experience Saros gives you over Returnal. 🌽 🌽
@Oram77] Arjuns voice actor is why its better? Sounds like that dude just read a bunch of critics reviews and spit them out here. I dont think it was anything that stood out at all. Selenes VA did just as good if not better.
But he made sure to start off by saying he got the Platinum last week (1 or 2 days after it came out) too so what does that tell you? And
@SEVENTEENSOILS 100% Its returnals bleak, dreary atmosphere that makes it stand out. The absolute desolate nature of the planet is phenomenal! I couldn't agree with you more. Im playing Saros and all the while I keep thinking.. damn, I want to play Returnal!! Im definitely enjoying Saros, but I certainly enjoyed Returnal more. Im not a huge fan of the gimmicky shield either. Not having the ability to go on one LONG ass run in the first playthrough is also disappointing.
@ibis_87 @ibis_87 its really not that hard. And you haven't even gotten to the point where you can adjust the carcosan modifiers, which allow you to adjust the difficulty level. There's a difference between the skill tree and the modifiers. You unlock this after the 2nd biome.
The key to making the game easier doesn't lie in the modifiers or skill tree. Its repetition. Eventually everything will "click" and you'll have an ahh ha! moment.
Keep moving. ALWAYS keep moving, and at the same time keep your weapon FIRING. Jump, dash all day. Especially through the lighter colored projectiles. Once you have that moment of clarity, the game is so addictive and difficult to put down.
@pushL7 then dont buy/play it? I dont care about elden ring, dark souls, bloodborne, etc.. but returnal is by FAR my favorite game that doesn't have Dragon Ball in the title. Saros is great. But no where near as good as Returnal, in my opinion.
How did this game not age well? The graphics are still good on the ps2 version, the controls are smooth and well mapped. What are we talking here.. racial, homophobic *****? Im bi racial and none of that ***** problem. So much ***** and petty whining these days. So glad I grew up in the 90s and dont have to be a part of, or associated with these last several generations of kids. Everything revolves around THEM and the corny little social media nonsense.
"Hey everyone look what im eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Selfie selfie selfie. Let's choke on cinnamon.. naw, ***** that.. let's do the poison challenge!!" Wow.
@somnambulance keep hearing about these glitches? I've put just under 1k hours in this game.. By far more than I've ever put into anything. NEVER experienced a glitch like that. From start to finish, not once.
@Neonix what does that even have to do with anything. Most ppl I know have 0 interest in another portable console. And even less that would buy one just for "physical only." Not to mention that's just speculation, as we have no idea what sony is going to do with it.
Rockstar is BEYOND ridiculous!! They really don't deserve our money or our praise. I've never seen a company go so far out of it's way to piss of its customers, and the consumers they depend on. Literally, with every single decision they make. You want RDR2 or GTA 4 on modern consoles? Naw, we'll give the RDR1 on ps4. Then, once everyone buys that, we'll put it out on new gen for everyone to buy a 3rd time. The micro-transactions, the cost of things in GTA online?.. Unbelievable. The problem is they think they're all high and mighty up on their pedestal because ppl continue to line their R*s pockets and buy up everything they put out. The only way to achieve change is for us to change ourselves and how we approach and spend our valuable gaming monies with this near-monopolized company.
Comments 28
Re: Saros' Free Zenith Update Adds Boss Rush, New Game Plus, More Later This Year
@spcspc unfortunately it doesn't appear we're getting that or a tower mode. At least not anytime soon.
Re: The Witcher 3 Remastered Reveals Huge List of Improvements, Including PS5 Pro Support
@johndoe89 considering you will/have played through it so many times.. I would really hope you do remember a mission or 2.
Re: Ex-Forza Horizon Devs Finally Find a Publisher for Clutch, PS5's Promising Open World Racer
@Leinad7 people still buy games in a green box? I always assumed people were smart and purchased blue boxes. This is why I've never been a fan of Microsoft look how they just abandoned you guys. Charging damn near the same as PS5 Hardware that it can't even match technically, and I'm referring to the pro.
I'm not one of those nerdy ass oh my PlayStation is better than your Xbox type dudes, it's just the way they conduct business, especially lately. I'll always go for those great single-player titles over their nonsense.
Re: Ex-Forza Horizon Devs Finally Find a Publisher for Clutch, PS5's Promising Open World Racer
@GamingGod same here I was looking forward to that like crazy and it's pretty boring. The biggest problem with Forza is it doesn't force you to earn upgrades for your car. You basically have everything at your fingertips from the jump and I do not like that. One of the reasons underground did so well is you had to basically get to the end of the game to get your car to Peak speed and fully upgraded. I sure do miss those days. Nothing better than starting in a junker and either upgrading it to Max or selling it and buying a different slightly better car and so on.
Re: Going Platinum: It Was a Pleasure to Grind Returnal for That RNG Trophy
@TheDarts @Oram77 you can play the entire game and not run into one. Save the healths for when you need to run back and get them to face the boss.
Re: GTA 6 Not Expected to Run at 60fps on Any PS5 Console
@HonestHick wtf are you talking about? What does cpu have to *do with anything?
And play cyberpunk (or any other high end game) on a base ps5/xsx then a pro and come back and say that.
Crazy how many ppl use these comments or reddit as a platform to try and justify/convince themselves into not buying a pro by bashing it. Same with GTA, especially when you KNOW you're gonna buy it.
Re: Sony Restores GTA 6 Marketing and How It 'Plays Best on PS5'
@Toot1st actually, it wont.. but ok. And most certainly not on the pro. Sounds like your just trying to convince yourself because of this cause you dont have one.
Re: Sony Restores GTA 6 Marketing and How It 'Plays Best on PS5'
@OpheliaDynamight] 2 poor decisions in my opinion. Something tells me you'll regret not having both in time. Unless you have an OLED or at the very LEAST a 2.1 enabled tv, it's pointless having a pro anyway.
Re: One of PS5's Most Promising Open World Games Is Finally Being Showcased in August
@MikeOrator 🌽 🌽 🤡
Re: 007 First Light Tech Analysis Reveals Just How Far Ahead PS5 Pro Is
@ozkrmz so apparently this whole comment thread just turned into everybody bragging to strangers about what old ass consoles they have? What types of monitors and TVs they have?
" I don't have a pro but I have.." 🌽 who cares?
Re: 007 First Light Tech Analysis Reveals Just How Far Ahead PS5 Pro Is
@Yor-sama ] then don't. That money for you would probably be much better served on a grammar specialist.
Re: It Seems Most PS5 Fans Prefer Returnal Over Saros, But It's Not That Straightforward
My opinion.. Returnal is by far the better game in every aspect, including gameplay. While I enjoyed Saros, the shield felt really gimmicky. Like they just wanted to add an extra layer to the onion that is basically Returnal 2. Gives the ppl who whined about the difficulty an unnecessary crutch.
The thing I really don't understand is how so many ppl are lauding the performance of Arjuns VA. While it wasn't terrible by any means, it certainly didn't stand out at all versus any other game I've played, including Returnal. I thought the VA for Selene did just as good, if not better. Not a very large sample size though either.
Anyway.. Returnal, to me.. is STILL the best PS5 exclusive game to date. I believe it's the best of this generation period, but that's just me.
Here's to hoping we get at least one more out of HM before they move on to something else.
Re: It Seems Most PS5 Fans Prefer Returnal Over Saros, But It's Not That Straightforward
@Oram77] Have you not been on the internet the last 15+ years?
Re: It Seems Most PS5 Fans Prefer Returnal Over Saros, But It's Not That Straightforward
@arsmolinarc] Sure. More recognition of a game that so many ppl were far too intimidated to play, let alone complete. This is exactly what HM DIDN'T want. Its a shame too because something tells me there won't be a 3rd entry and they'll just move on to an entirely differently genre. Very disappointing because I still consider Returnal the best ps5 exclusive to date.
Re: This Viral App Turns Your PlayStation History into a Scrollable Timeline
@DrVenture6] I surely would on that one. While SSHD is a GREAT game, its certainly not HM at their best. That'd be Returnal.. and by a long mile. Best game of the Ps5 gen, in my opinion. At minimum.. its definitely their best game.
Re: Poll: Is Saros Better Than Returnal?
@Oram77] Thats like telling FromSoftware to stop making souls games? They found their niche, now perfect it with a final game in the trilogy. Personally, I'd love to go back and resolve selenes story. Maybe get her ass off that rock. Same planet, different biomes, enemies.
Re: Poll: Is Saros Better Than Returnal?
@Enuo] Except the gameplay is EXACTLY the same only with the addition of a shield. Nothing else is different in its core gameplay.
Re: Poll: Is Saros Better Than Returnal?
@Odium its a roguelike. You're not supposed to. But you can blame the ppl who whined and cried "RETURNAL IS TOO HARD!!" for the experience Saros gives you over Returnal. 🌽 🌽
Re: Poll: Is Saros Better Than Returnal?
@zhoont Returnal is 10/10 all day, everyday.
Re: Poll: Is Saros Better Than Returnal?
@Oram77] Arjuns voice actor is why its better? Sounds like that dude just read a bunch of critics reviews and spit them out here. I dont think it was anything that stood out at all. Selenes VA did just as good if not better.
But he made sure to start off by saying he got the Platinum last week (1 or 2 days after it came out) too so what does that tell you? And
Re: Poll: Is Saros Better Than Returnal?
@SEVENTEENSOILS 100% Its returnals bleak, dreary atmosphere that makes it stand out. The absolute desolate nature of the planet is phenomenal! I couldn't agree with you more. Im playing Saros and all the while I keep thinking.. damn, I want to play Returnal!! Im definitely enjoying Saros, but I certainly enjoyed Returnal more. Im not a huge fan of the gimmicky shield either. Not having the ability to go on one LONG ass run in the first playthrough is also disappointing.
Re: Poor Start for PS5 Exclusive Saros as First Sales Data Emerges
@ibis_87 @ibis_87 its really not that hard. And you haven't even gotten to the point where you can adjust the carcosan modifiers, which allow you to adjust the difficulty level. There's a difference between the skill tree and the modifiers. You unlock this after the 2nd biome.
The key to making the game easier doesn't lie in the modifiers or skill tree. Its repetition. Eventually everything will "click" and you'll have an ahh ha! moment.
Keep moving. ALWAYS keep moving, and at the same time keep your weapon FIRING. Jump, dash all day. Especially through the lighter colored projectiles. Once you have that moment of clarity, the game is so addictive and difficult to put down.
Re: Poor Start for PS5 Exclusive Saros as First Sales Data Emerges
@pushL7 then dont buy/play it? I dont care about elden ring, dark souls, bloodborne, etc.. but returnal is by FAR my favorite game that doesn't have Dragon Ball in the title. Saros is great. But no where near as good as Returnal, in my opinion.
Re: For a Fleeting Moment, It Felt Like PS2 Gangster Game Scarface Could Be Getting a Re-Release
How did this game not age well? The graphics are still good on the ps2 version, the controls are smooth and well mapped. What are we talking here.. racial, homophobic *****? Im bi racial and none of that ***** problem. So much ***** and petty whining these days. So glad I grew up in the 90s and dont have to be a part of, or associated with these last several generations of kids. Everything revolves around THEM and the corny little social media nonsense.
"Hey everyone look what im eating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Selfie selfie selfie. Let's choke on cinnamon.. naw, ***** that.. let's do the poison challenge!!" Wow.
Re: Runs in Saros on PS5 Will Be Significantly Shorter Than Those in Returnal
@somnambulance keep hearing about these glitches? I've put just under 1k hours in this game.. By far more than I've ever put into anything. NEVER experienced a glitch like that. From start to finish, not once.
Re: Runs in Saros on PS5 Will Be Significantly Shorter Than Those in Returnal
@themaladroit @GeeEssEff how is the 5th biome difficult? There's not even a boss.
Re: Rumour: GTA 6 Might Not Launch Physically at First to Avoid Leaks
@Neonix what does that even have to do with anything. Most ppl I know have 0 interest in another portable console. And even less that would buy one just for "physical only." Not to mention that's just speculation, as we have no idea what sony is going to do with it.
Re: Rumour: GTA 6 Might Not Launch Physically at First to Avoid Leaks
Rockstar is BEYOND ridiculous!! They really don't deserve our money or our praise. I've never seen a company go so far out of it's way to piss of its customers, and the consumers they depend on. Literally, with every single decision they make. You want RDR2 or GTA 4 on modern consoles? Naw, we'll give the RDR1 on ps4. Then, once everyone buys that, we'll put it out on new gen for everyone to buy a 3rd time. The micro-transactions, the cost of things in GTA online?.. Unbelievable. The problem is they think they're all high and mighty up on their pedestal because ppl continue to line their R*s pockets and buy up everything they put out. The only way to achieve change is for us to change ourselves and how we approach and spend our valuable gaming monies with this near-monopolized company.