Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 3,152

RogerRoger

Great shots from Link's Awakening, The Witcher III and Horizon on this page of late!

Here are some leftovers from my time with Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It may not be a looker, but I really like some of its moments.

Untitled
"Wait, I'm accused of WHAT...?!"

Untitled
Stop for a quick dance, save the world later.

Untitled
Cupboard Raider: The Angel of Marmite.

Untitled
Glub, glub, glub...

Untitled
Kurtis remembers he left the gas on back home.

Untitled
Ah, Prague. We barely knew ye.

Untitled
"Try to co-star in my game, will you?!"

Untitled
"Oh, go on then..."

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I would've submitted it @Ralizah but it's from last year unfortunately

Some nice Tomb Raider shots @RogerRoger! I particularly like the dance club and the dive down with the broken bridge/walkway

The human Magpie that I am, here's some shots from my three shiny new games that I couldn't help myself in playing.

Soul Calibur VI

Untitled

Some nice artwork here in Soul Calibur VI

Untitled

Libra of the Souls mode specifically with new character Azwel (and the first has GrΓΈh too)

Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night next

Untitled

One boss down!

Untitled

... But uhh... Now Solid Snake is kicking my butt (David Hayter's voice is particularly gravely here as Zangetsu)

Divinity: Original Sin II

Untitled

My lizard lady cleric... and yes... You even get to choose an instrument that plays in the battle music and certain situations in the character creation πŸ˜…

Untitled

Starting off in a prison is VERY original. But a prison ship is a bit more original I suppose!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I didn't realise that was the voice of David Hayter, although I did recognise it from somewhere!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks! Likewise, great shots from a trio of games! Your lizard cleric lady looks like fun. Get her out of that prison ship, quick!

And yeah, it always weirds me out whenever an established voice actor pops up elsewhere. David Hayter also pops up as a dwarf in Dragon Age: Inquisition, basically using his gruff Solid Snake voice (although I was a little more used to recognisable dwarves by then, as Victor "Goddamn" Sullivan had previously shown up as one in Dragon Age: Origins).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I've played enough Metal Gear to instantly recognise his voice @JohnnyShoulder (Helps it's pretty distinct too as he's gotten gravelier over the years) Though as Zangetsu he sounds like he's been gargling boulders for weeks in preperation! πŸ˜‚

RogerRoger wrote:

Victor "Goddamn" Sullivan had previously shown up as one

Oh really? I never knew that @RogerRoger! ...Not that I've played much Uncharted mind.

Funny you should bring up Dragon Age: Inquisition though Rog... Turns out one of the preset heroes in Divinity Orginal Sin II is the british female inquisitor voice that I ended up using!

Except she was a dwarf Inquisitor in that for me... not an Elf Assassin slave in this who's on a roaring rampage of revenge to kill her former master πŸ˜… (It's said in her intro/backstory info so not that spoilery!)

RogerRoger wrote:

Get her out of that prison ship, quick!

My Lizard Cleric is successfully off the ship... Though not at home with her feet up sadly... more of an out the oven and into the frying pan type deal!

I have to say all three games share some nice hand drawn artwork... I'll share some later from Bloodstained and particularly Divinity.

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

Funny you should bring up Dragon Age: Inquisition though Rog... Turns out one of the preset heroes in Divinity Orginal Sin II is the british female inquisitor voice that I ended up using!

Except she was a dwarf Inquisitor in that for me... not an Elf Assassin slave in this who's on a roaring rampage of revenge to kill her former master πŸ˜… (It's said in her intro/backstory info so not that spoilery!)

Well, of course those two characters have the same voice. They're so alike!

Making It So Since 1987

andreoni79

Collecting hens to bribe the PushSquare jury...
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

WanderingBullet

Thought I had some good KH3 photos but upon checking I noticed that most of them were taken from cutscenes.lol. Gonna snap some new ones tonight.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@andreoni79 That poor hen is underwater! I won't accept bribes of animal cruelty!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Some discarded shots that didn't make the submission grade this week.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Liked the pics in the community!

That mid air jump and the lightspeed ones are brilliant!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

andreoni79

@RogerRoger As you can see, many others are waiting for their turn since it's just a wooden jacuzzi. I found this outside the executioner's house, btw...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

Some discarded shots that didn't make the submission grade this week.

Those are the ones that didn't make the submission grade?! 😁

Just some screenshots of the lovely artwork and the likes.

Bloodstained

Untitled

I forgot the splash screen isn't of that lovely boxart... But I managed to snap this of the title screen before it shifts into full colour and quite like the muted palette

Untitled

"Werewolves, gargoyles and giant robo knights! Oh my!"

Untitled

This one looks a little... doofy. But hey if I was drawing you'd only get stick people so what do I know? πŸ˜‚

Divinity Original Sin II

Untitled

The difficulty/mode select being a bunch of different paintings that shift when you click on them. Just quite a nice touch really and different to just a menu!

Untitled

Yeah, both games start with monster invasions... It's admittedly the only thing in common as well!

Untitled

"Wellllll... That went well!"

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks; yeah, when I took that lightspeed one, I might've even said "that's a KAL shot" out loud, and it was very nearly submitted. It's awesome how you can take the camera through walls, it's a very free Photo Mode that just says "hey, you might see things you're not supposed to, but that's okay".

@andreoni79 Oh, if it's their jacuzzi then that's okay. Just get them away from the executioner!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Sometimes I wish I had greater tolerance for fantasy, because then I'd get to see some genuinely beautiful artwork. Thanks for sharing these samples!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That's all rather pretty innit? Does Divinity play like modern Diablo? I have the assumption that its a bit more of a 'click to attack' type affair...

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Yeah - I totally would've submitted that!

HallowMoonshadow

I haven't played or even seen Diablo @KALofKRYPTON if I'm honest πŸ˜‚

But yes it is a click to attack, hotbar with all your special actions type affair.

The closest it is to a game I've played is Dragon Age Origins... But much more complex in comparison. And not so janky as it either (At least the ps3 version of Origins felt preeeeeeetty clunky to me!)

Glad you liked them @RogerRoger! Your shots are rather lovely 😁

I was tempted to just put all the Divinity paintings in that post... and snap shots of the opening too... and the end of chapter one artwork.

But that'd be a bit too much in one post... or several even

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ah! Think Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (though citing another game very much like Diablo to describe Diablo may not actually be at all helpful!)

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy That title screen artwork, sans the logo, would be lovely. Really dig the moodiness of it.

@RogerRoger The contrast between those HD environments and PS1-era polygonal Lara is... something.

Really nice SW shots. Those were taken with the photo mode, yes? You have a great eye for striking imagery.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic