Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 3,153

HallowMoonshadow

... Haven't played that either @KALofKRYPTON 😂

I've admittedly got much nerdier as I've gotten older. My love of fantasy is actually only more of a recent thing likr the past few years in particular.

I have heard Divinity likened to stuff like Bladurs Gate and the other D&D offerings from back in the day

I'll get some actual gameplay screenshots later

Yeah I'd totally get a poster or art print of that title screen @Ralizah

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It was a PS2 staple. Wonderful game (better on the XBOX, woeful on GameCube). ARPG run around hack and slash fun with the sheen of D&D.

Yes, I think Divinity runs a lot more like the 'proper' Baldur's Gate games.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger That Lightspeed shot is awesome. I struggled to pick my 3 for the comp, here are a few that didn't make my cut.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

andreoni79

@BearsEatBeets
To post directly an image, use (img)link(/img) with square brackets instead of round brackets.
Untitled

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Thank you; yes, that's me playing with the Photo Mode that they added to Jedi: Fallen Order on Wednesday afternoon. I'm just roaming in the post-game worlds for these; come Sunday, I'll start a new playthrough and capture key moments (although I'll try and keep what I post spoiler-free, as I've already held back several shots containing an enemy type which I'd consider a spoiler).

I'm hoping the stark contrast between PSone Lara and PS4 environmental art is gonna help me out in the screenshot competition! Fingers crossed!

@BearsEatBeets Your shots are absolutely fantastic! I love that we have this topic for whenever there isn't a competition on, as just browsing through and seeing what people come up with is tons of fun. Here's hoping you'll keep 'em comin' throughout the year!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Thanks, seeing as I've only really just stumbled across this now due to the competition I've got plenty of older shots I might share (maybe a few a week or something so as not to bombard the thread). I've just started playing with the Fallen Order photo mode this morning so will probably see what I can come up with. I hope they patch the photo mode quickly to reflect that I play with inverted look and the camera mode doesn't do this which makes it surprisingly awkward.

Now I've 70 odd pages of old screen shots to check out.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets I'm just hoping they fix the issue causing sparks, explosions, smoke and lighting effects to randomly disappear when moving the camera. Several times I've caught Cal mid-slice or mid-parry and thought "Wow!" only for everything to just up and vanish.

Hope you're able to wrestle with it enough to capture some cool moments; looking forward to seeing some of them, as and when (no pressure!).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Oh man! Just seen on Twitter that proper photomode has been added to RDR2. Just when I had shelved it for a while to work on my backlog.

BearsEatBeets

HallowMoonshadow

I promised in game shots earlier... And I'm here to deliver them

Divinity Original Sin II: Definitive Edition

Untitled

"Deathfog does exactly what it says on the barrel surprisingly"

Untitled

S'Skarri (my lizard character) obviously learnt how to sneak from Solid Snake or Wile E. Coyote...

Untitled

"I like you too Fane" (... He's a very snarky skelly boy)

Untitled

"Avengers Assemble!!!" ... I also totally didn't lose a card game, say they cheated and got into a fight cus I wouldn't pay up... totally not the aftermath on the left

Untitled

Had to move some urns to trigger pressure plates to get past some poison clouds...

Untitled

"It was like that when we got here!"

Untitled

So I triggered a trap that cast ice on the floor. The ice then melted which can make electricty spells more damaging and affect the whole area... But I ended up using a fire spell (twice) to remove some of the water and cause a steam cloud? It's so complex!

Untitled

Another pretty painting! Also as you can see it has a story difficulty setting which is nice for replays no doubt. It also has two player co-op play... on the sofa or online which is neat too.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ah! Think Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (though citing another game very much like Diablo to describe Diablo may not actually be at all helpful!)

@KALofKRYPTON A new Dark Alliance game was teased at The Game Awards. Not much is known at the mo, but hopefully it comes to consoles!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder That passed me by completely! Thanks for the heads up!

Not much to glean from the trailer 🤔

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON No worries!

I loved the 2 games on ps2 and there are one of the few games that I played co-op and then replayed on my own.

It could be up against the behemoth that is the next Diablo game, which it shares similarities with.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

Me discovering I didn't make the cut for the photomode comp -

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder If they can keep the RPG elements relatively light and, more importantly - keep mtx out or the mix - it could do well against D4 🤔

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Ah, but you did make my shortlist. If any of the judges had duplicated any of my top four choices, you might've been featured after all.

And I really like that moody shot you've just posted, too!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic