Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 5,701 to 5,720 of 5,782

RogerRoger

@Arugula You've just described why I'm not on social media. Not to avoid such behaviour, but to prevent myself becoming an example of it.

So, no apology necessary. On the contrary, I'm grateful for the reminder!

[tries to remember what page of this topic my lengthy diatribe against The Last Jedi got posted on, then thinks it's probably for the best that it stays buried]

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

I recently watched Honest Thief, the latest Liam Neeson vehicle on Amazon Prime. One of those films which starts with seven production company logos, it's predictable fare with a cookie-cutter script and setting elevated by its cast, most notably Neeson himself, who's on particularly fine form.

I also finally got around to watching Jumper, the 2008 superhero-wannabe flick starring Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson and Jamie Bell. I liked it more than I thought I would, again thanks to performances which exceeded the story (or lack thereof) and confusing camerawork. Whilst I can totally understand why it never sparked the trilogy it was meant to, I would've watched a sequel. Oh well.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger It’s a shame Jumper never got a sequel, it meant there were a lot of... loose threads.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett You could say it was a difficult one to pull over.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder I'm disappointed in you two. Your jokes are usually much sharper than that, but those were just woolly.

Making It So Since 1987

JechtUltima

So I watched Mortal kombat and despite the wooden acting I actually rather enjoyed it especially the Scorpion and Sub-Zero parts although I'm not sure what the point of the main character was.

JechtUltima

JohnnyShoulder

The Predator

It looked good in 4k. That is all.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

Can't wait for this. Been topping up my Amazon account each month so will have paid for this by the time it is out next month.

nessisonett

Diamonds Are Forever. Imagine going on a drug-fuelled bender in the desert. Then imagine what that does to your bowels. This is the result of those bowel movements.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Sweet. If I didn't already have the super-fancy collector's edition of the Blu-Rays, I'd consider the upgrade, for sure. Here's hoping it's a good 4K transfer!

@nessisonett

Untitled

She's about the only thing I liked in the movie, by the way. Nowhere near the best leading lady, and very dated in some parts, but she had moments of attitude.

Otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I had the collection on DVD, which did not have Crystal Skulls. Some may argue that was the better collection for it.

nessisonett

@RogerRoger It’s a dark day when Mr Wint and Mr Kidd are my highlights.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Just wait 'til we get Disney's new Indiana Jones 5, and everybody rushes back to reappraise Crystal Skull as a timeless classic. It's how these cycles work!

@nessisonett Like everything, they had one or two good moments outweighed by six or seven cringe-worthy disasters. I did chuckle at the delicious moment they were shown photographing the dead schoolteacher "for the children" but mostly, they just made my skin crawl. Charles Grey was the perfect Blofeld for the film, though. Hammy and droll in perfect balance.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I mostly spent every scene thinking ‘wow, he really does look like he’d be Crispin Glover’s dad’.

TheFrenchiestFry

I've only ever watched the 1961 film and haven't seen any of the stage versions of the play but I'm definitely keeping an eye on this squarely because of the cinematography

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

TheBrandedSwordsman

@Jecht_Ultima *Scorpion and Sub-Zero/Reptile scene - I forget which exactly "HEy! GERT OVA HEYUAH!" great fun. Then that other character with the eyepatch "Muah. Allo baby" Rofl.

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

RogerRoger

I have watched all three Taken movies today. Feels like doing so cost me twenty I.Q. points, which is worrying as I only had eighteen to begin with (clearly, otherwise I wouldn't have decided to watch all three Taken movies in a single day). Somewhere out there, there's one last Eastern European chap who hasn't been throat-punched by Liam Neeson yet. He must be freakin' terrified.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Worth it just for this scene

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic