Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,381 to 9,400 of 10,096

Anti-Matter

Yo, I have watched Super Mario movie for second time. It was still great, I didn't react as many as first watching. Here is the cinema place I watched.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I watched the movie at Tunjungan Plaza 5 XXI on 10th floor.
Yup, I must use some escalators to reach the 10th floor.
There was a Super Mario movie standee over there so I took photo before watching the movie.
There were also some standee from other movies over there but I didn't have interest with them.
There was also the table to buy the ticket with application on monitor.
The room I watched the movie in Tunjungan Plaza 5 XXI was a little bit smaller than Pakuwon Mall XXI, but I still got seat C for better view.
During watching the movie, I didn't hear many laughs from the funny scenes as I knew some of the kids watched near of me still have no idea to expect something funny from Mario stuffs.
Well, maybe I will watch again... for three times after 2 weeks before end of April 2023.
Usually I watched the movies 2 times if I have some interest from first time watching.
But if I didn't really impressed, I only watched once and never want to watch them again.
The only time I watched the same movie for 4 times was Aladdin live action movie 2019.
That was before pandemic so I watched the movie once a week.

Anti-Matter

Bundersvessel

Thrillho wrote:

@AgentCooper I’ll reply here rather than the other thread but baby is all going well thanks! Just hit the 6 month mark and started to try weaning which has been interesting so far

Being back at work has been alright actually. The wife is pretty good at dealing with most things overnight and I’m such a heavy sleeper that I often don’t notice any problems! The harder part for us will be when she goes back in another 6 months.

How’s life with two going???

Excellent news! Let me know how the weaning goes, what a time to be alive. Glad to hear baby has a good routine (as far as you’re aware 😉) do you have any particular rituals? We like to bath, book bed around the same time every night, worked wonders for our eldest. How will it work then, do you have family close or will it be childcare? Some of the prices seem nothing short of prohibitive. Good luck with it all, feel free to reach out if you want to compare notes or even vent a little steam 👍

Life with two is fine, real fine, thank you for asking. The eldest being 7 is a massive boon, he’s so helpful and can easily entertain himself if need be. Loving watching the little one grow, I was working nights the first time.

Bundersvessel

@HallowMoonshadow It seems, without sliding too much into politics, that the t*ries would seek to erode and strip away vital institutions, health and education especially and it’s a damn disgrace. I only hope that you continue to be insulated from it and a fair and just deal can be agreed upon to protect teachers and the education sector. I wish you and your partner all the best 👍

Bundersvessel

@kyleforrester87 Haha I feel much the same way, perhaps it serves a purpose when you’re younger, I’m not sure. A lot of folks talk a great deal and fail to deliver on their BS. On my best days I see it as form of enlightenment, seeing things with more clarity and less f*cks. Picking your battles or what have you. Knowing what you’re doing professionally and taking pride in that is not to be sniffed at mate. You sound like you’re on a good path

Thrillho

@AgentCooper Well we’ve started bathing the little one after dinner as it’s a rather messy business. My wife goes to bed early so I give the baby a bottle at 9 and 10, changing her into her sleep clothes between the two and she falls asleep easily but keeping her asleep is the issue!

Family aren’t nearby but the mother in law comes down to help, especially when I’m doing an infrequent evening shift. Once the wife is back at work, she’ll go back 3 days and I don’t work Thursdays so we’ll have nursery care a few day a week. It’s a really nice place which isn’t too far from us so should all be fine.

7 years is quite the gap though but I can see it being a lot easier than a small gap so that, like you say, the older one can take care of themselves to some degree.

It’s all quite the experience so far though!

Thrillho

Bundersvessel

@Thrillho Sounds like a good routine for baby, consistency is key though without sounding like I’m teaching you to suck eggs (if only I could apply my own advice to my life) Keeping them asleep is something we’re starting to have a few issues with too, he seems to see my wife as the sleep one and me as playtime haha so it’s becoming difficult especially when he’s going out his mind with tiredness throughout the day. So weaning is a mess then? haha I love that bit, anything where there’s opportunity for baby to f*ck sh*t up, food paint etc… I’m there. My wife is dreading it, she’s like that French and Saunders sketch with the kids art.

Good luck with it all mate 👍

Edited on by Bundersvessel

HallowMoonshadow

Aww thanks @AgentCooper! I really appreciate that (and kinda needed to hear it too) and so does my partner!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Anti-Matter

Yo, who have watched Super Mario movie here?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Good morning.
Today is Kartini Day celebration in my country Indonesia.
Untitled
Greeting from Indonesia. 🇮🇩

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just signed up for PS+ Extra for the year. I try to limit the number of subscription I have on the go, but there’s some serious value there, that’s hard to ignore. I’ve also been impressed with the monthly additions.
Went through the list & added everything I’m mildly to very interested in, to my download queue (~30 items).

I was saving the likes of GoT & HFW for the PS5 as ‘showcase’ games, but I did cave with GOW:R on PS4Pro.
It’s like an all you can eat buffet. Not sure where I’ll start. Probably DQ XI or Yakuza 7 just to mix things up a bit, followed by Miles Morales.
Also very excited to check out Evil Genius 2. Can see myself investing ungodly hours into that game.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Thrillho

@Fight_Teza_Fight I was pretty disappointed with Evil Genius 2 to be honest. It is very repetitive and the fact you never change lair means any early mistakes you make in your layout in the game can affect your whole game.

I also had a game breaking bug after a few hours so had to completely restart. It’s been a long time since I had one of those!

A cool premise but a bit of a letdown in the end. At least it’ll be free for you!

Thrillho

Bundersvessel

I found a ruin with a woman warming herself by the fire, she said if I’d like some skooma to head down into the basement, clearly not questioning it I do so. When I get down there, there is a cantankerous bouncer who lets me in through a large wooden door and I walk up to what looks like a reception desk, where I’m greeted by a soft spoken woman. We exchange niceties and I persuade her to give me a sample. She obliges and tells me to find a booth. In the booth I ingest ‘Red Water Skooma’ and after a few seconds everything goes black and when I come to, I’m in a cell somewhere in an underground cave system after being kidnapped by bloody vampires! I love Skyrim.

ralphdibny

@AgentCooper ahh I thought you managed to get out and go clubbing on Friday night for a minute there! Until I read the last line 😂

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

AdamNovice

I've been torn over writing this for a few days now.
This past week has been one of the hardest of my life in recent years, it's left me with such a deep depression and so many tears.
One of the reasons why I personally found it hard to reach out was because it was triggered by the most stupid and unimportant thing...namely the ending to Horizon Burning Shores.
Reasons best known to my brain it has left me an emotional wreck that I'm finding it hard to get out of.

For the record, I'm almost adamant that I'm Autistic but was never able to get diagnosed (only for anxiety) and been an introvert has probably made me get attached to certain games and characters in ways I never thought was possible.
I've reached out to my family who have been so supportive and looking to get a doctor's appointment sometime next week in the hopes of trying to get proper help.

As for this post, I guess I'm just looking for an outlet, and the PS forums are one of the few places I trust to do that.
Haven't said that if @get2sammyb and Co feel like deleting this because they (rightly) want to keep the site just gaming related then I perfectly understand. It's just right now I feel this is the only constructive thing I can do right now.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Bundersvessel

@AdamNovice Morning friend, first of all it’s great you are reaching out to family and on here, it’s a really important step you are almost never alone in any situation. I’ve found this forum and its members to be the most compassionate and supportive group, and I made the mistake of shutting them out whilst going through my own struggles.

Secondly, there are no stupid or wrong ways to be triggered, never feel you have to justify yourself for feeling something just because the trigger seems trivial. I often find games and other media are my biggest triggers, perhaps because I get so invested in the world and characters, also these stories are written by real people who like me, you and everyone else are human too and go through the same struggles. Being introverted myself historically I have tended to internalise and brood too much and ignore or out right disregard help coming in externally because I felt foolish. I’m really glad your family are there to support you and if you’re feeling up to it feel free to share more of how you are feeling on this thread, or feel free to message me on psn if you need a neutral non judgmental ear.

Always remember you are never alone and you are loved, take care pal 👍

Edited on by Bundersvessel

RogerRoger

@AdamNovice Hey pallo, just wanted to say that I sympathise with what you're going through, and respect your bravery for sharing. I'm having a similar experience with a new release at the moment.

Take comfort in the fact that @AgentCooper is right; by recognising your situation and speaking openly about it with others, the hard part's over. Taking that step, and seeking a solution, is more than half the battle. I'm not saying that the rest will be easy, but by raising that flag you've ensured that you'll be supported, whether by family, medical professionals, or by friends on here and elsewhere.

But know that you're not broken, and therefore this won't be about finding a fix, because you can't fix what ain't broke. You'll instead find ways to identify warning signs, anticipate future problems, and successfully manage their outcomes; that's all, but that's also enough. How we form emotional attachments is an intrinsic characteristic (as well as a complicated, messy and often painful one) that we can rarely change. Better to embrace your feelings and learn to control them, so that they aren't controlling you.

You'll slip up, you'll always have low moments, but surrendering to them isn't defeat. It's pragmatic and healthy, and will get you back on your feet far faster. Anything can be a trigger (immersive games can be particularly potent, though) and new ones will still surprise you well into retirement, but the more you recognise, the more resilient you'll become, and the quicker you'll be able to cope.

We have all sorts of different labels for all aspects of the human condition nowadays, but don't let any of those labels define you. Just let them guide you down the right path, to the right kind of help. No matter who diagnoses you with what, know that you are not broken, and that you are not alone.

You are simply you, and folks like you, so you're doing something right, right?

The very best of luck with everything. Same as @AgentCooper offered; if you think it'll help, then feel free to hit me up on PSN and we can chat about this (or anything else, if you just need a friend).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic