Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 10,081 to 10,096 of 10,096

Black_Swordsman

@Elodin They can be a mixed bag, Star Wars games, so I hear. But yeah, I'd be interested in how you find Survivor (haven't played yet either) after playing the first one, apparently the story picks up straight away from the end of Fallen Order, which I finished, and really enjoyed. Anyway if I don't speak to you before you pick Survivor up again then I hope Dragon's Dogma 2 goes well for you.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

LtSarge

@Obscure I despise it when my employer arranges one-day activities with the expectation of improving the level of togetherness at my workplace. In order to improve the level of fellowship at the office, you need to be interacting with people every day. That's not going to happen in this day and age where a lot of people work from home or have other work tasks that don't involve cooperating across departments. These activities are just pointless and I wish my employer would search for actual solutions instead.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@Obscure Yeah, I’m not a fan of business team building exercises, or of office parties, etc, if they are occurring outside of business hours. I have precious little time to spend with myself and people I actually like, so naturally don’t want to spend any free-time with coworkers who I sometimes don’t like. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

This is just a weird feeling.

I grew up on Nintendo games. Whatever Nintendo released used to be primary console or handheld for that generation; even though I regularly bought Xbox/PlayStation as well.

That changed with PS4, marking the moment PlayStation became my main console. I still played on Wii U and Switch, but I noticed it had no chance of becoming my primary console. It's easy to see why: PlayStation just had a lot more to offer.

I don't think that has really changed. The amount of games releasing on the PS5 that I want to play is definitely bigger than on the Switch. However... these last few months... I find myself longing for the Paper Mario 2 Remake more than any other game, I'm curious to play Mario Wonder, I crave for Nintendo games... what's wrong with me?

Kidfried

Gremio108

@Kidfried it's odd you should say that because I've had a similar feeling. I watched a Super Mario World playthrough on youtube the other day, for reasons I can't really explain

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Kidfried @Gremio108
There’s only one explanation for this behavior. Dementia.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

@Th3solution I'm looking forward to running around the park half naked, thinking I'm in Donkey Kong Country

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Hey man, how's your sleep nowadays? What with trucking, music, filming, gaming and family life? I was just wondering because I seem to remember you saying you were previously functioning on "a potent mixture of coffee and cat naps" or something along those lines🤣 . Sleep any better nowadays? Best.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Still about the same 😂 My sleep is quality, I just don’t get a lot of it. I’d say I average 5 hours a night. Coffee and naps are a staple. My job has a weird schedule where, being dispatch based, I might have a 15 hour day one day and only an 8 hour the next day. I’m up at five so even an 8 hour day gets me off by 2. It’s all good 😄

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

How many times do you use your bath towel before you throw it into the laundry?

I’m not sure what the acceptable time frame is. Some people wash their towel after every shower, like they’re living in a Hotel all the time. Some people use their towel for weeks without washing it. I need to know what’s the acceptable level for towel hygiene.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I change mine every week with normal use, unless they get particularly minging. Which is why I don't like using white towels so much lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

@Th3solution My wife says a week, we just had a new bathroom fitted and she bought new towels not cheap ones either but they are super absorbent and don't have that musty smell that you get after using a few times!

MightyDemon82

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @MightyDemon82 Once a week seems reasonable. Often enough to keep it from getting musty and yet not too excessively decadent.

JohnnyShoulder

@MrBook I don't like it having to face a bunch of questions if I decide not to go to a team building or social event. It is like they think there has to be something wrong with you for not wanting to go.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

Managers have been bugging me this last years that I don't visit these kind of outisde office hours activities enough. Got a bit tired that, even though I was doing my best, I was somewhat being told that I didn't do enough. Anyway, I found another job, and told my manager. Their reply: "If you had invested more in coworkers, you wouldn't have lost the connection to your job."

I was like 'sure, draw your own conclusions'.

@MrBook I fully agree. There's such an emphasis in this society on work being an important aspect of your life, to the extent that some people identify with their job. And there's nothing wrong with that if that suits you. To me, however, work is something I do in between valuable moments with friends and family.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic