Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,065

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger oh Kairu? Your joking?!

They were a great personality on this site and I very much enjoyed talking to them. Very grateful for their posts and open questions. It's a wicked shame they are gone and I hope they're alright. Wishing them the best. Did anyone have them on PSN or anything?

Hopefully they pop by again just to read the "living obituaries" I seem to have formed a habit of writing for ex-forumites.

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny I wish I were, buddy.

Feels like we've lost quite a few good folks of late. Must be something in the water.

I'm not sure if I've got KAIRU on PSN or not. That makes me sound like a jerk for not knowing my own friends, but I received quite a lot of messages during the screenshot competition, and my profile's friend total always fluctuates in the aftermath, so I can't recall who sent me what with 100% accuracy.

As you say, hopefully they'll get to see this at some point, and at least know that they'll be missed.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger That's odd about @KAIRU since it wasn't that long ago that I responded to one of his posts. He's fine though as far as I know as I still see him on his PS5 daily (I don't play online games, but he's on my friends list).

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz Ah cool, good to know that they're still gaming, at any rate! Thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger I think I found them (we have mutual friends on PSN but you don't seem to be one of them if that's of any comfort). Still not sure whether to try an add. Could be anyone with a similar name lol. I may accidentally reveal my secret identity to an undesirable

See ya!

LN78

@KilloWertz I noticed that @KAIRU had a few of their posts removed in the ChitChat topic recently for discussing moderation. Maybe that was the final straw for them?

Edited on by LN78

LN78

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 Yeah I noticed that too.

He is on my friends list too as I always see him playing stuff with a few people on here.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LN78

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika That could've easily brought things to boiling point, then. I didn't know they'd butted heads either, honestly.

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 @EaglyTheKawaiiShika There’s not really much point responding to it. They basically just insulted me for some reason or another, more than once. Not exactly sure why I’d set them off but to be honest, it could be a number of things as I did notice when the site auto logged me off a while back that there were people that I’d blocked who were continuing to make rather petty comments behind my back so I’ve clearly annoyed someone or another. I don’t really understand why people wouldn’t think that engaging in that sort of behaviour would get the mods involved, it’s basically the bare minimum level of courtesy. We’ve all had disagreements on this forum in relation to various topics but it doesn’t descend into squabbles because that’s beneath us. Block and move on is an easy thing to say but it’s true, if you fundamentally cannot help but get annoyed at somebody’s posts then just block and move on.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Which is unfair in and of itself. Not sure what you really have to do with any of it!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger No problem. I only know about Kairu though. I have no idea who evildave333 is.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

The_Moose

If memory serves, I remember KAIRU felt the moderation targeted some people and their opinions more than others.

Maybe he was sick of what he believed were double standards?

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

colonelkilgore

I was unaware of @evildave333 but did regularly see @KAIRU around the place and always appreciated his views. Hope both are well and that they’ll be in a place to return to the boards again in the future.

**** DLC!

ralphdibny

@colonelkilgore I sent a friend request to Kairu, would you give them a nudge please and let them know who I am? No worries if not, I don't want to take the Mick and have you be my go between for every departed user 😅

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny 🤣… milk and sugar with your coffee sir?

edit. I jest of course, I’ll message him shortly. Did you hear from AgentCooper after?

**** DLC!

ralphdibny

@colonelkilgore haha 😂 sorry.

Yeah I did, cheers for that. Good to keep contact. It's weird ya know, some people feel like stalwarts on the forum. You just never think they'll leave

P.s. black, no sugar 😆

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny ah good, I wasn’t sure as he didn’t get back to me on it. Yeah I hate seeing people ‘unplug’, particularly regulars… but if it’s what they need to do at the time, it is what it is sadly. It’s easy to get into little disagreements with people when using text as the primary form of communication… hell I get into disagreements when face-to-face on the reg 🤣 but I try not to let it change my life in anyway (if I can help it).

Anyways, here you go ☕️

**** DLC!

ralphdibny

@colonelkilgore thanks slurps

Yeah, it's hard to read intonation. It's what emojis are for but I do find them a bit hard to use sometimes, especially the wink lol. I almost never use the wink. I feel like the wink used to mean something verrrrry different.

But yeah, I completely understand why people need to leave. I've been absent myself at times, without deleting my account, just because I needed to.

See ya!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I gotta say, I was sorry to read your post up there. Without wanting to stick my boot into anything that isn't my business, I've always admired your honesty and bravery in putting yourself forward and defending your positions (regardless of whether I agree with them or not). Sometimes some folks simply don't gel, without any incident or wrongdoing. It's a shame to see, but it happens.

But it's a reminder of why I don't use the block feature myself, as I think the slow-burn damage of any potential paranoia would end up outweighing the occasional frustration of seeing posts left by disagreeable people. That being said, I'm glad it's there for those who feel like they need it.

You're right, this place is (mostly) above mud-slinging. It's why I'm still here, at any rate.

Making It So Since 1987

MatthewJP

If people post and comment within the acceptable rules of the website and moderation is fair, there should be no need for a block button. Personally I think it's always good in life to hear other people's opinions even if they don't conform to your own views - you don't have to agree, but also need to understand not everyone thinks the same as you.

PSN: mpquikster

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic