Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,065

DreamlandGem

@Kidfried I linked our entire community guidelines in my comment for that reason. It covers all of our rules, with a large section about abusive behavior. Nowhere does it state abuse is acceptable as long as it's on topic.

If you wish to discuss your comment being removed please contact us directly here: https://www.nintendolife.com/contact

Thanks

Poyo!

Twitter:

Kidfried

@DreamlandGem You specifically mentioned one rule (off topic) and not the others, messaging that that rule is important. Why else would you mention that, and not harassment?

But it doesn't seem like you're willing to actually engage anyway. So I'll roll my eyes and shut up.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@DreamlandGem With respect, 10% of people would've clicked the guidelines link you embedded, and then 2% of that 10% would've bothered to read through 'em all. I apologise if this seems like I'm telling you how to do your job (which I appreciate is a difficult one) but, in future, might I suggest you quote the relevant passage in the comment itself, beneath the link, to help publicly underscore what and what isn't acceptable, and to show people why you're taking action? Regardless of the effectiveness of the guidelines themselves (which is a whole other discussion, for another time and place, perhaps) this should clear up any confusion and prevent victims from feeling further victimised, as well as reinforce the rules to prevent anybody else from jumping on the bandwagon.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Hopefully you won't let a few idiots cut short your time here, and this is only a temporary break rather than a permanent one. That is what the trolls want at the end of the day, and we don't to give them any satisfaction for their actions.

The forums will for sure be a lesser place without you.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

All I’ll say is that I’m taking a break and I’ll possibly see how I feel next week. It’s one thing for people to disagree, that’s part of any online discussion. For another user on here to create a sockpuppet account solely for the purpose of scoring internet points against me though, that’s a level of effort being made that’s just unsettling. I don’t come on here for that kind of discourse. That’s a personal attack from somebody too cowardly to even interact through their own account. A break will do me good.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

Looks like I missed some drama.

@nessisonett Sorry to hear about your bad experience, buddy. Regardless of whether you decide to come back or not, know that your voice is appreciated around these parts.

Article comment sections can get pretty hairy on NL as well. I know a few forum regulars who just outright avoid them now. Don't forget to make judicious use of the blocking feature. And, you know, if someone has multiple accounts for trolling purposes, that's probably against ToS, so definitely report that.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LiamCroft

@nessisonett Just to let you know about this, the user you're referring to was actually a new user. I looked on the backend last night and it was an account not associated with another profile. They were rightfully banned immediately, though.

I always appreciate your posts nessisonett, and very regularly agree with what you have to say. You're a credit to this community, and I hope you do return. Completely understandable why you've decided to take a break, though. I hope you come back feeling better!

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

sorteddan

@nessisonett
Sorry that the ****ers made you feel like you need some time away and hope you're not gone too long (who else will prop up the fantasy league table! & provide us with run downs of which LEGO games are easy plats) but totally understand how the negatives of the internet can be a bit much and make you feel the need to step back.

I always found the comments sections to be much more angry, aggressive and more representative of general internet nastiness than the forums on here, so I tend to ignore them and leave em to argue amongst themselves.

Know you are part of what makes the forums what they are we'll still be here if and when you return.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Tasuki

The Mod deleted the off topic comments and banned the user for posting them, I am confused on what more the mod could do.

As someone who can speak from experience that's all a mod can do.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Thrillho

@nessisonett All the best bud and I hope to see you around again sometime soon.

Thrillho

QualityGeezer

@nessisonett unfortunately mate there's idiots everywhere hiding in plain sight. Don't let it get you down too much mate or they win. Catch you soon mate, feel feel to take some time off the fantasy football as well could do with the points too catch you up lol

QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

Just out of interest ho does one become a moderator on this site

QualityGeezer

LiamCroft

@QualityGeezer Moderation on Push Square is handled by full-time staff. You can't sign up to be one as a standard user.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

Tasuki

Kairu wrote:

@Tasuki Not much more you can expect them to do tbh. They did what was required and that was that.

Right. I just don't understand when people get upset and jump all over a mod because because they didn't do more. Banning them from the site is the ultimate punishment. Yeah they can point out rules but pretty sure they do that when they ban them and besides what good is pointing out the rules once they are banned.

My Backlog

Kidfried

@Tasuki Like I mentioned before it would have been nice if moderation had mentioned the reason being abusive behavior, instead of off topic discussion. It's a small thing that will go a long way towards:
a) addressing toxicity is the first step if you want to prevent it and
b) for the person that was attacked it will feel like the moderation team has their back

It's a small effort for the moderation team to do, and it would go a long way for some here.

And the fact that moderation hasn't replied to this simple request is why I'm bring it up again and again.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

Anyway, I said I'd stop and shut up about it, and I truly should. Because the staff has read the question many many times now, and refused to answer, so it's a useless thing. I just want to enjoy the forums and try to forget about what happened.

Kidfried

Tasuki

@Kidfried I understand what you are saying but speaking as a former Mod, we are unable to go into context at times as to why someone is banned, that's between the person and the Mod. The fact that the person is banned is proof enough that the Mod has the person's back. I know that when I was a mod I would contact the user and tell them why they were banned but like I said a mod has to do it privately.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

QualityGeezer

@LiamCroft cool I wasn't applying lol as just interested because we know your name and sammy from articles but dont kno the moderators

QualityGeezer

LN78

I'm taking a break. I'm getting wound up by certain attitudes and opinions on the site again. See you all in the New Year.

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 Breaks are always good. Sometimes you just need to get away from it all. We’ll (probably) still be here when you feel up to it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic