Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,065

colonelkilgore

@ThereThere the Wolfenstein: Youngblood plat isn’t difficult… it’s just an absolute time-sponge. Master every weapon, purchase every upgrade (both character and weapon) etc. I’m easily 80 hours in and can see at least another 10 maybe more before I bag it’s shiney.

I hadn’t heard of Republique as it goes… looks okay from the reviews but it doesn’t sound like it’s really grabbed you. No matter though, your gaming perspective is about to be totally redefined with Bloodborne… exciting times 😉

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@ThereThere I know exactly what you mean… the curse of finding a game that you click with on every level… completing it… and then the fruitless search for something new. Happy hunting!

**** DLC!

nessisonett

Yeah I’m done

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KilloWertz

@nessisonett That came out of left field. Why?

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Kidfried

@LiamCroft The site should protect its community, protect everyone visiting it. Nessisonett was personally attacked and called names in one of this site's articles. And the only thing the community manager @DreamlandGem says is "We seem to be straying off topic here.".

They should have said "no transphobia on this site" and "no personal attacks".

Imagine how it feels if you're at a work meeting where people are making jokes at your expense, and the only thing your boss says is "let's stay on topic" totally ignoring what just happened.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

Anyway, Ness is a great person, I hope they will return soon!

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@KilloWertz @AgentCooper Most of comments have been removed from the Last of Us TV show trailer article yesterday, but you get the jist of what happened. Not a great day for this site.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DreamlandGem

@Kidfried @Kidfried The article subject was TLoU trailer, the comment section started to derail so I just set a reminder along with our community rules.

That behavior isn't welcome here, all of the comments that go against our guidelines had been removed & dealt with by moderators, not ignored.

@nessisonett feel free to reach out to me if you wish to chat

Poyo!

Twitter:

mookysam

@DreamlandGem It still seems as though the primary concern is that the comments went off topic. This site has had a problem with homophobia and transphobia in the past, and it is saddening to see that it is still not being viewed with the importance it should be. It is good that the comments were removed (though I’m perplexed why @kidfried’s were), but a statement condemning bullying and transphobia would have gone a very long way. Not to be presumptuous, but I suspect this is why @nessisonett no longer wishes to post here.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

The_Moose

@kidfried @mookysam

I've seen many comments simply critical of the way their favourite movies/TV shows/games have been bastardised by on the nose political narratives be met with some of the most toxic and insulting comments by people who I imagine deem themselves to be "tolerant".

It's their opinion and if you don't like it or disagree then explain why, there is no need to jump down the person's throat and presume the worst about them because they disagree with you.

I understand that this is a public forum which operates under certain rules and if they are breached then the mods have the right to remove it (which they usually do).

This is the internet and there are people who you will disagree with and there are just some horrible people, they're not the same thing.

If you cannot tolerate people thinking differently then it's time to rethink your position.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

Kidfried

@The_Moose I don't think you've read the comments that I'm referring too. Ness simply made a factual correction. And then got dumped on by people calling them names.

I get where you're coming from, but what happened yesterday had nothing to do with that.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

mookysam wrote:

This site has had a problem with homophobia and transphobia in the past

Don't forget all the blatent sexism 😒

I still recall all the articles when TLoU2 came put with all the hurtful things said Laura Bailey for playing Abby, Aloy being not as "beautiful" in Forbidden West as she was in Zero Dawn or even the remarks about Selene from Returnal too about not being conventionally attractive and that Sony can only have "Ugly" female protagonists now...

Not to mention all the other small things I keep seeing... It's why I try not to even look at the the comment sections of articles 😧

Anyway I hope you come back @nessisonett. Push Square just wouldn't be the same without you and we're all here for you

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

The_Moose

@Kidfried No, in fairness most of them were deleted by the time I read the article and comments.

At the same time though, the moderators removed the comments and obviously have taken a stand against if what you say were blatant insults then fair enough.

I just find it strange that he felt the need to leave a forum because of it. All of us, by merely posting on this forum, we're opening ourselves up to be judged on our opinions and I don't understand why some people being a d**k to him would cause him to abandon something he obviously enjoys, especially judging by the amount he posts here.

Even going to the lengths to advertise his departure.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

Kidfried

@DreamlandGem You're not acknowledging the problem by just deleting the comments.

A response saying "abusive behavior will not be tolerated" would have gone a long way in this case. By saying "don't go offtopic" you're diminishing the problem.
Also, by saying that and deleting my comment "hands off Ness" as well, you're communicating to those bullies that toxic behavior and piling on people is fine as long as it's on topic.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@The_Moose It's not weird to say goodbye when you're leaving. And it's not weird leaving something you enjoy (even for a while) if you have some bad experiences. And posting on a forum or site opens you up, yes, but doesn't give anyone the right to call you names or dump on you.

These are just tree basic things I believe, and I think most people would. You might be different of course!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@The_Moose By leaving like this, one of the most recognisable members of this community has called to wider attention the appalling way in which PushSquare handled yesterday's events. We all choose our hills to die on. Sometimes, things are just that important.

@nessisonett I'm gonna miss you, but I respect your decision, and am truly sorry that you, @Kidfried and others were attacked for doing the right thing. Be safe and take care, buddy.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

The_Moose

@RogerRoger Push Square moderated the comments and said it is getting off topic. Looking at the comment thread they even banned someone. The only other thing they can do is pre moderate comments to prevent people from being offended which is impossible, especially in this day and age.

I am more than optimistic that he'll be back as well.

I read some things on here I find offensive or take issue with which the mods don't remove but I have no problem with that. I either ignore the comment or I send a message back and explain why I think they're wrong. I don't quit the forum .

LN78

@Kairu I hope so, but I somehow doubt it - especially after all the ripples their departure has caused. All the best to you, @nessisonett if you're reading this.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic