Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 521 to 540 of 729

BearsEatBeets

Ellie has recently made her way into my collection. Really nicely detailed piece by Dark Horse.

Untitled
Untitled

There is a very slight gap where the neck joins the t-shirt but it's not noticeable enough to bother me.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets That is a real nice piece! From where I'm sitting, that neck gap just looks like a necklace or something, and I doubt I'd have noticed if you didn't highlight it.

The expansion of my Star Wars Black Series collection continues...

Untitled

...and I've got a good few others that I'm keeping in their boxes, as well. Another shipment is due in the next fortnight or so, and then I'll photograph the lot.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Nice! They look like there are about to break out into a dance move, especially the little droid.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks! They do a bit, don't they? Perhaps they're all X Factor runner-ups who've formed a band, destined to become more successful than whoever actually won that year.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Nice! I'm not familiar with the blue fella so guessing Clone Wars/Rebels. The little robot dude is cool. I'm pondering getting the Beskar Mando to go with my original look one. I've noticed they do the armourer character too, it could lead down a slippery slope.

BearsEatBeets

LieutenantFatman

@BearsEatBeets
Did you get a chance to play the Horizon Zero Dawn board game yet? What do you think of the miniatures?

LieutenantFatman

BearsEatBeets

@LieutenantFatman I've not got a lot of space at the moment so haven't got around to getting it all out, but now that you mention it I'm pretty curious about the miniatures so might just open it for a good look. Have you got it?

BearsEatBeets

LieutenantFatman

No, I've got the Dark Souls and Resident Evil 2 board games. Bloodborne bg arriving next month.

If you get them through kickstarter, all the extra stretch goals take up a considerable amount of space so room runs out rather quickly.

LieutenantFatman

BearsEatBeets

@LieutenantFatman I've had my eye on the Resident Evil 2 board game for a while and I noticed the price had come down a bit when I got the Horizon one. Had to remind myself I have a PS5 and Cyberpunk collectors to pay for soon. What are your thoughts on the game?

I'll post a few close-ups when I look at the Horizon miniatures if you want.

BearsEatBeets

LieutenantFatman

@BearsEatBeets
The game has two campaigns, it's based on the original VG, not the remake. I found it to be fun with 4 players, but I think it might be better playing one mission per session. I got about halfway through the campaign then our group moved onto something else.

I have the Resident Evil 3 board game ordered for next year. It comes with improved & brighter tiles for RE2 after players complained they were too dark.

Yes, would be interesting to see the details on the Horizon minis, thanks.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

BearsEatBeets

@LieutenantFatman Here you go mate, tricky to get a good shot with my camera but hopefully gives you a good idea

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

That last one has some I didn't do a close-up of. I think the detail is pretty impressive for the size. It would be cool to paint them the correct colour but don't think I have the skill for it you do and would probably ruin them.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Used to spend a lot of time painting miniatures when I was kid. I think it was for the board game Hero Quest. Then I had to stop when I spilt a pot of paint on my bedroom carpet.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

@BearsEatBeets
Very nice! Yeah, there is certainly that risk in painting for the first time. I look at stuff I painted ages ago and I go, "Oh no, what have I done?"
Is great fun when you get into the swing of it though.

LieutenantFatman

RR529

Got my Mario 35th pin set (the little one out front) & Mai Shiranui figure (my first gaming one) in, plus a little bookshelf to put my gaming stuff on!

Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BearsEatBeets

Not really Tat but I pre-ordered the prequel book to Miles-Morales as I enjoyed the prequel book to the original game and the way it seamlessly lead into the game. It has a release date of the 10th but I strangely got an email from Amazon saying it wouldn't arrive until December 2nd a few days after ordering. Then I've got another now saying it's coming on the 16th Nov, all the while the official release has remained the 10th. Bizarre! Still, it should give me time to read before playing the game anyway.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Sorry for the delay; you're right, the "blue fella" is Cad Bane, the greatest bounty hunter character from the Star Wars universe (come at me, Fett fans).

Those miniatures from the Horizon board game look excellent, thanks for sharing them! Also, fingers crossed your Miles Morales prequel book arrives (or arrived?) on time. Amazon can sometimes get screwy with their estimates, but then level themselves back out before it counts.

@RR529 Those pins are superb. They've done a couple of other Mario sets previously, some of which I got for my partner. Lovely little things, and nicely presented, too!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger sneaky thumbnail choice, thought he was a jedi bounty hunter for a moment. Still seems badass from the clip. Yeah Amazon changed it again and said it's dispatched for tomorrow but I've woken up to discover it arrived today so I'll read it at some point this weekend to be primed for the game.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Good to know Amazon's random nonsense never changes!

Enjoy the book, and the game when you get around to it.

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

@RogerRoger, thanks for the compliment.

Incidentally enough, I myself just found out about Cad Bane not too long ago as he was a prominent figure in the Darth Maul comic I read on Amazon a month or so ago. Had no idea he showed up in other aspects of the franchise.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 Yeah, he's a Clone Wars original who became very popular. Since that show was focused on a teenage Boba Fett, he kinda filled the "best bounty hunter" position for whenever they wanted to dabble in some underworld stories. He's a walking cliché, but in the best possible way.

Yet more Star Wars merchandise from me today. Apologies for the overload!

First up, new LEGO (some assembled, some not).

Untitled

Was waiting until LEGO announced one of their fancy purchase incentives, which always become insanely popular and disappear overnight, only to then re-surface on eBay with a ridiculous mark-up. It isn't my favourite thing ever, but it's still very nice!

Untitled

And then more Black Series figures, starting with the special Carbonised trio released to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back.

Untitled

Will be keeping them boxed, and as pristine as possible!

To prove that all this is (tenuously) connected to gaming, here's the Gaming Greats edition of Jango Fett, modelled after his appearance in PS2 classic Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. There are plenty of other characters around him, of course, but I'm trying here!

Untitled

Untitled

Finally, some of the Vintage Collection, which puts new figures on reproduction 1977 packaging. These will also stay boxed as collector's items.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic