Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 2,176

Thrillho

I’ve been double Pfizer-ed; had a pretty sore arm for a few days after the first one and then pretty much nothing after the second.

My wife was knocked for six for about 24hrs after her second one and some colleagues had the same.

Thrillho

zupertramp

@RogerRoger no but good eye. I can barely even read that lol.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"And if your hands were metal, that would mean something."

nessisonett

@zupertramp Is it the O having a mask on. Some Grade A junior marketing right there.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

zupertramp

@nessisonett I actually like the little mask. Definitely corny but I'll take what I can get in regards to mask encouragement.

Th3solution

@zupertramp Hmmm... my guess — it’s the fact that “deaths” are represented by a crucifix? Perhaps it’s a little presumptive and insensitive for all the non-Christians who’ve succumbed to COVID.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

zupertramp

@Th3solution exactly.

nessisonett

@Th3solution @zupertramp Oh wow, being the incredibly lapsed Catholic I am, I did not pick up on that. Crosses are always used for deaths because I assume it’s supposed to look like a Christian grave. Although it’s only a crucifix if the big man’s on there. The Vatican’s pretty cool though, other than the preserved bodies in glass caskets. Which I asked my RE teacher about back in high school and he had no idea what I was talking about. I’m pretty certain I didn’t make it up.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Voltan

@zupertramp Ah, I'm from Poland so I'm too used to seeing crosses everywhere, I guess
You're right though

Voltan

Th3solution

@nessisonett Ah, yeah, so it is - ‘crucifix’ does mean the cross has the image of Jesus on it; that’s simply a cross. Which is confusing because the [formerly blue, now monotone] X button on the PS controller is called the ‘cross’ button, so I wasn’t sure if other cultures called the Christian cross a ‘cross.’

@zupertramp I agree the image of the cross for a death marker is a bit narrow-minded in the multicultural and diverse world we live in, although I’m trying to think of another icon they could have used. Other images representing death would probably come across as even more insensitive. 🤔 Perhaps some flowers or the image of a setting sun...

I also find it weird how they have ‘net active cases’ as a minus (-) sign, and it took me a second glance to figure that out. And the ICU is represented by the image of a doctor, which is also a little strange given doctors are involved at all levels of the disease.

——

As far as vaccines and COVID activity, it is encouraging how much more accessible the vaccines have become and that things really have calmed down. I suspect there will be a booster shot within the next year which will have to cover the new variants though. I wonder if we’ll ever have live as “normal” again. I’m willing to wear masks in public for the rest of my life, but I kind of want to have big sporting events and large public gatherings (concerts, conferences, parties) again at some point.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I think the need for a mask will lessen the more people get vaccinated. I certainly hope so and will be glad to see the back of them. Last I heard was 60% of the people have recieved their jab over here.

In the UK a series of test events have been planned, allowing a few thousand people into stadiums for certain sporting events. I can't see myself going to anywhere like a pub or anything like that for a good while yet. I just don't trust the people that operate these places or the general public to adhere to whatever rules are in place.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution
Untitled

Imagine that though

I am under taking the Ride Across Britain to raise money for Alzheimer’s Society. Any donations are greatly appreciated!

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/KyleForrester/1

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

And frankly I am fed up with masks, I'll wear one if I have to but I really don't want it to be a normal thing.

I am under taking the Ride Across Britain to raise money for Alzheimer’s Society. Any donations are greatly appreciated!

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Good lord that would be morbid. But kinda hilarious too.

RogerRoger

@zupertramp Good call from Sol up there. I was kinda enjoying the game, but doubt I'd have ever gotten to that answer because, in all honesty, I don't think about religion all that often. You're right, though. Both the US and the UK are so incredibly diverse nowadays, one shouldn't make assumptions on official documentation. If I were producing such bulletins, I'd force myself to think differently.

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

Most people aren't even religious at all!

Kidfried

Kidfried

@kyleforrester87 I'd choose an inconvenience like wearing a mask, over not being able to do something at all, like inviting people over, such is the case here.

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

@Kidfried eh, if it’s a requirement I’ll do it but I don’t want to wear a hat every time I go out the door either so if it’s not compulsory I won’t do it unless I feel like it.

zupertramp

Yeah even in a country-bumpkin place like this we have synagogues and mosques. I only know Ramadan just started because my kids go to school with people who observe it. And regarding Covid deaths, presumably not every death has been a Christian one so to default to a cross feels disrespectful, even moreso for those of the Jewish faith imo. Not to mention heathen atheists. And on a government publication no less. Sigh.

But what to put in it's place I'm not sure. Maybe don't put any icons as they are all a little bit nonsensical anyway like @Th3solution pointed out. Maybe just some blue stars or round bullet points. You could even just put the text in circles to highlight it and separate it. Graphic design isn't my forte but I'm thinking there's hundreds of ways to do it.

I pretty much spit up my cereal in laughter at the grim reaper. Just wow. Good call @kyleforrester87 I mean, it's at least equally insensitive to everyone and frankly, drives the point home even more. No sugar coating. I like it lol.

@JohnnyShoulder 60%!? That's really impressive. I'd feel much safer venturing out if we were just somewhere near there. I'm an unapologetic introvert who loves nothing more than to be at home but even I'd really appreciate a break from all... this.

@RogerRoger It was kinda fun.

Edited on by zupertramp

nessisonett

@Rondoooo9 Herd immunity is a bit pointless now though. We have several vaccines, might as well minimise deaths and maximise vaccine outreach instead of purposefully throwing vulnerable people under the bus in efforts to reach herd immunity.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic