Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 2,454

nessisonett

Everyone else is moving out of lockdown and my area’s staying in tier 3

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

Poland's approaching 50% of people vaccinated but it looks like it may never get past that point... because the rest refuse to get vaccinated 🤬

Voltan

zupertramp

Texas is admittedly doing okay. I mean we killed enough people in a year's time to rival both heart disease and accidents combined but all is well that ends well I guess.

Got my vaccine 3 days ago. Extremely sore arm that 2nd day but otherwise fine. Same with my wife and children. Youngest got the Pfizer and the rest of us the Moderna. No signs of autism yet but suspiciously having a hankering to watch Funny Girl so idk, you decide.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp After my MMR vaccine, I suddenly started craving showtunes. It just hit me like a truck, without a daily intake of Streisand I would go into withdrawal.

MatthewJP

First Pfizer vaccine yesterday. No side effects apart from a sore arm

PSN: mpquikster

nessisonett

@Voltan Somewhere there’s a whole room filled with nondescript suits saying ‘there’s no business like show business’

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Zeldafan79

I'd still like to know why touching the do it yourself registers at the grocery store is apparently perfectly fine but certain restaurants don't even want you to come inside at all let alone touch their order screens. Better yet there's people yelling at you for not wearing a mask when you are more than 6 feet away. I also love the people all alone in their cars wearing a mask. Seriously? Must be awful being so scared of every thing around you. How do you people even get out of bed in the morning?

As a wise Jedi master once said, "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you"

The real pandemic here is paranoia.
NB4 the flood of users telling me I'm the crazy one.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Octane

@Zeldafan79 I mean you kinda are.

Store managers can generally decide for themselves what the regulations are, so different stores, different rules. The government doesn't regulate it on that level. Some will be more relaxed with the rules, other will enforce more strict regulations. That's not hard to understand, right?

About touching the screens, on average people are touching less of them, therefore limiting the spread. Though IMO, those screens, especially the ones used regularly, should be cleaned more often during this time.

People may wear a mask in a car for various reasons. For some it's a hassle if they also have glasses, ear rings, air pods, long hair, etc. Maybe they're only driving for a couple of minutes and don't bother taking it off. The less you touch the mask, the better it is. Maybe they forgot about it? Maybe they simply don't mind it? Who really gives a flying F what people do in their own car? As long as they're not bothering anyone else, they can do however they please.

The only people being paranoid are those that make an issue about someone else wearing a mask in their own car.

Octane

nessisonett

@Zeldafan79 You’re in grocery stores for less time. And you have to take your mask off to eat in a restaurant. There are many differences between the two situations.

Kidfried

@Zeldafan79 There's the person in the car wearing a mask and there's the person complaining about it on the internet. One of them sounds more fun to hang out with than the other.

The COVID situation would be so much easier to handle if people weren't so obsessed with raising a ruckus about it.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Ralizah

Curious to see if the numbers are going to start going back up in the U.S. now that the CDC has stated that vaccinated people don't have to wear masks most places. Because, lol, every covid skeptic in the country is going to lie and say they're vaccinated now, and there's basically nothing you can do to stop them.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

zupertramp

I wear a mask pretty much everywhere outside of my house because frankly it's just not that hard to do. Putting on shoes is far more work than wearing a mask in my opinion. And if that's the level of effort we're talking about here, I don't know man, I'd just as soon do it than not because really what's the downside to wearing it and being wrong?

Also I think we're finding that touching things just doesn't really spread these kinds of respiratory viruses. So that's perhaps all theater (the cleaning I mean) but then again it helps guard against bacterial borne illness so idk still not seeing a serious downside.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

zupertramp

@Ralizah honestly we let it run rampant long enough that it has probably killed enough of the most vulnerable that, with as many as we have vaccinated now, we're probably out of the woods for the most part. Might see a spike in cases but less deaths to be sure.

mookysam

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks. It was okay after a few days, but I honestly wasn't prepared to feel quite that bad! My brother and his fiancée both had their first Pfizer jab the other day and haven't had any problems.
I don't drive either and am apprehensive about getting a train or bus, so it has to be somewhere close enough I can get a taxi.

@Ralizah What are the vaccination rates like in the US? Here the Indian variant could cause problems, but with the WHO and government saying that all the jabs are effective it will hopefully be okay. Luckily the UK is less vaccine-sceptical than other European countries.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

As for masks, I don't wear them outside, or even indoors when there are very few people.

In a supermarket or other crowded locations, though? Totally.

@mookysam 38.6% of the total population is vaccinated. Every state is different, but they're mostly between 30% and 40% in terms of total vaccination rates. The number will jump with vaccines being approved for preteens, but the concerning thing is that demand is sinking nationwide, and solidly 30% of the country refuses to get vaccinated.

@zupertramp Deaths will definitely be down overall, but I'm not excited by the notion of redder parts of the country (where I live... yay...) serving as incubation chambers for new variants that'll keep the pandemic going perpetually.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tasuki

@Ralizah Business can still stop people from entering without facial coverings it goes under the right to refuse service clause most business has. In fact my company's president sent us an email stating that our company isn't loosening the facial coverings restrictions despite what CDC says, because as you said we can't keep track of who's vaccinated and who isn't and alot are going to lie about it.

I had to ask a guy to leave my store yesterday cause he didn't have a facial covering on and he got mad said he had both shots. I told him politely that I am sorry but the company doesn't recognize that and we reserve the right to do business with who we want. He replied well guess I won't be shopping here then which I replied ok well have a nice day.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

nessisonett

All of you lot getting to leave the house and I’m in basically the only area of the UK still in full lockdown! Although that’s because the Rangers fans went on an absolute rampage after winning the league and did big human sh*tes outside shops in the city centre.

Octane

@nessisonett Shops have been open for almost a month now I think, but I haven't been to one. I think I got used to it. Did visit a couple of pubs though, but they only allow outside serving.

The only thing I'm missing at the moment is the cinema. Hopefully they can open up in a month or so.

Octane

Sorry, this topic has been locked.