Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 2,454

kyleforrester87

@Octane if they are locked up then there isn’t much risk of them being breathed on. Anyway, as and when everyone has been offered a vaccine, I hope personal accountability comes to the forefront.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

zupertramp

@Th3solution obviously wasn't alive for rollout of most vaccines but yeah, I can't imagine the adverse side effects that must have occurred. I would like to think we're better at it now than ever before.

That said, I really do understand your skepticism @Rondoooo9. Pharmaceutical companies are some of the least trustworthy in my opinion but as others have pointed out to me in the past, they're really under a microscope at the moment and the incentive (even just profit-wise) isn't really there to harm even a small percentage of the population.

So I suspect the JJ pause is out of an abundance of caution. I was under the impression a similar thing happened with the Astra-Zeneca vaccine in several European countries for the same reason, blood clots. Not sure what the status on that is now but it's my understanding the number of complications was/is much higher.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

zupertramp

Even still, this vaccine isn't exactly compulsory in the states so I think if someone feels that strongly about it and that uncomfortable taking it, perhaps they shouldn't. Even with some of the most enforced vaccines there's usually some way to get an exemption.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Rondoooo9

Very true statements in all replies. At this point in the game the majority are either vaccinated or have already contacted it. Specifically in US. We're closer to the light at the tunnels end. Keep in mind your employer cannot force it upon you or even ask if you're vaccinated. Thats a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Rondoooo9

themcnoisy

I am a pro vaccer. It works and the science is sound.

However I had the Astra Zeneca and felt like shi" for a week after the vaccine. No light symptoms here, banging headaches, no energy, temperature etc. Even now I'm not 100% and this was months ago. I have my second jab in May and am having second thoughts.

Corona whipped through my work, everyone was taken down bar me and a relatively new colleague in January. We had both had it last year. So I dunno man, it's a harder question to answer if you have autoimmune issues as the vaccines can really screw you up. I would say for under 30s not to have the vaccine as I don't think it's worth the risk especially when getting it for the majority of people in that age bracket won't be effected badly if at all.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

@themcnoisy Even if you don't get the symptoms, you can still spread it. The more people can get it, the faster it can spread. Even if all the vulnerable people are vaccinated, it's just waiting for it to mutate into something that does bypass the vaccine to a degree that sends us back into lockdown.

Octane

MatthewJP

Currently nursing my partner who had her second Pfizer jab today feeling very sorry for herself. Yet to be offered one, got this to look forward to...

PSN: mpquikster

themcnoisy

@Octane I get that but I still feel terrible now. I'm due my next jab start of may so I had the Astra Zeneca jab what 9 weeks ago? I've got graves desease and pernicious anaemia, possibly having an effect with the jab. I dunno man I'm massively pro vaccination but something isn't right with that jab man. I'm concerned that people like me haven't been studied in enough numbers. I'm suffering from anxiety now after the jab, never had it to this degree before.

I know we should protect the elderly, again I was pro lockdown from day 1. But there is no point jabbing up kids who won't be effected by covid but could be effected by the jab. There should be a sensible cutoff when the gains are not there. Wouldn't want to put my kids in harm's way, and there is a risk.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

@themcnoisy The AZ jab of them all does, anecdotally, seem to knock people the most and it’s generally younger people who have good immune response (in general I mean). However, anecdotally again, most people seem to be affected worst by one of the two shots and AZ seems more likely to.l be the first and Pfizer the second.

Sorry to hear you’ve had a pants time with it though but please do get the second one!

Kids are unlikely to get the AZ one anyway because of the minuscule risk of clot.

Thrillho

Octane

@themcnoisy A positive mindset is also important. I know it's difficult sometimes, but thinking about possible side effects all the time can cause anxiety, which may actually result in side effects, as it affects a lot of hormonal pathways, and can even downplay immune response. It's easier said than done, but it's worth keeping in mind!

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@MatthewJP Sorry to hear that your partner has had a bad time responding to the jab. My parents had the same jab and reported almost no issues (a sore arm and that was about it), so hopefully you will a similar experience.

And I agree with @Octane, it is important not be all doom n gloom as difficult as it may be. Whether it is not paying attention to so much news, there are steps you can take to not have such a negative outlook.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

johncalmc

My girlfriend was quite ill after her second vaccine. I haven't even had my first yet. Maybe they think I'm just going to brush it off if I ever catch it like some kind of mad antibody man. That could happen but safety first I say. Might as well get vaccinated.

johncalmc

Twitter:

M0rriss

johncalmc wrote:

My girlfriend was quite ill after her second vaccine. I haven't even had my first yet. Maybe they think I'm just going to brush it off if I ever catch it like some kind of mad antibody man. That could happen but safety first I say. Might as well get vaccinated.

Yes, this is the most frightening thing now. Unknown effects of these vaccines.

M0rriss

johncalmc

M0rriss wrote:

johncalmc wrote:

Yes, this is the most frightening thing now. Unknown effects of these vaccines.

Yeah, I mean, that's a risk. But she was less ill than she would have been if she'd had covid so I guess that's the trade.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Voltan

Getting my first dose on May 12. Honestly much earlier than I expected.

Voltan

M0rriss

Voltan wrote:

Getting my first dose on May 12. Honestly much earlier than I expected.

And how are the results? Did you feel unwell after the vaccine?

M0rriss

Voltan

@M0rriss I wish I could tell you but I don't know the future
May 12 is in 2 weeks

Voltan

M0rriss

Voltan wrote:

@M0rriss I wish I could tell you but I don't know the future
May 12 is in 2 weeks

Yes, sometimes. It looks like I’m already in May =)

M0rriss

Thrillho

@M0rriss I’ve been double Pfizer’d and had a dead arm for a couple of days after the first one and almost nothing after the second.

My wife felt pretty rotten for under 24hrs after her second Pfizer.

Thrillho

RR529

I've had both Moderna shots.

Nothing after the first other than soreness in the arm a couple days, but after the second shot I had a light headache, chills, & tiredness the next day (along with numbness in my fingers on my shot arm), though all that only lasted one day.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Sorry, this topic has been locked.