Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 2,220

nessisonett

@zupertramp Where do they get these big metal barrels that look like something out a COD map?

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

zupertramp

@nessisonett oddly enough those barrels are ridiculously common. Never occurred to me that was an American thing lol.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"And if your hands were metal, that would mean something."

Th3solution

@zupertramp I have to laugh at the parents simultaneously barking out fire safety instructions while they’re doing this. Oh the irony. How many people died last month from barrel fire accidents? I’d venture to say your chance of dying of COVID is much higher.

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Octane

@zupertramp Apart from the whole message, it's either a waste of resources if the masks are unused, or a great way to contract COVID if they are used. Either way, these masks contain polypropylene and/or polystyrene, so you definitely don't want to burn them and inhale the fumes. It's also not great for the environment. This is just all kinds of stupid.

Octane

Zeldafan79

You have to wonder though. How much longer is this mask forcing nonsense gonna go on? I know this isn't a popular opinion and anybody who might agree with me will be attacked or mask shamed or whatever but i do miss the days when people had a face.

Funny how just over a year ago walking into a bank or restaurant with a mask would likely have gotten the cops called on you but now it's like that if you go into public places without one.
I say burn those masks! Enough already! If you're that scared of a getting sick stay home and get in your little bubble where the big bad boogie virus can't get you!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Octane

You have to wonder though. How much longer is this seat belt forcing nonsense gonna go on? I know this isn't a popular opinion and anybody who might agree with me will be attacked or seat belt shamed or whatever but i do miss the days when people could just crash.

Funny how just over a year ago driving on the highway with a seat belt would likely have gotten the cops called on you but now it's like that if you go on the road without one.
I say burn those seat belts! Enough already! If you're that scared of a crashing and dying, stay home and get in your little bubble where the big bad boogie cars can't get you!

Octane

Gremio108

@Octane You have to wonder though. How much longer is this fire extinguisher forcing nonesense gonna go on? I know this isn't a popular opinion and anybody who might agree with me will be attacked or fire extinguisher shamed or whatever but i do miss the days when people could just burn.

Funny how just over a year ago being on fire with a fire extinguisher would likely have gotten the fire brigade called on you but now it's like that if you're on fire without one.
I say burn those fire extinguishers! Enough already! If you're that scared of a fire, stay home and get in your little bubble where the big bad boogie fires can't get you!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

LieutenantFatman

You have to wonder though. How much longer is this toilet forcing nonsense gonna go on? I know this isn't a popular opinion and anybody who might agree with me will be attacked, or toilet shamed or whatever but i do miss the days when people could use the street as a toilet.

Funny how just over a year ago, defecating or urinating in the street would likely have gotten the cops called on you but now it's like that if you go into public places without doing one.
I say burn those toilets! Enough already! If you're that scared of a getting covered in human excrement, get in your little bubble where the big bad smelly poo can't get you!

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

You have to wonder though, how much longer is this breathing nonsense... No I'll stop myself there.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Arugula

Do I have to wonder? I wonder what happens if I don't? Or do I? Now I'm stuck between a wonder and a hard place, and I forgot my mask, seat belt, fire extinguisher and I need to poop.

Arugula

zupertramp

The funny thing about seatbelts is they aren't even designed to protect anyone else really. Sure there's the occasional airborne person that hits another but on the whole seatbelts are intended to protect, well... the person in the seat. No more no less.

So seatbelt laws do actually infringe upon personal freedoms because you really should be able to risk your life to whatever extent you feel comfortable without the government stepping in. Same goes for helmet laws. The idea the state can fine you for not caring about your own personal safety is quite bonkers when you think about it. Yet even then, no one is holding demonstrations to protest this kind of oppressive government overreach.

But you tell people they gotta wear a mask for everyone's safety and some really balk at the idea. I mean, mask mandates are really more akin to drunk driving laws than seatbelt requirements. And likely very few would say, if you don't wanna die in a fiery crash caused by a drunk maybe you should stay home in your bubble.

And let's be real about this. In the US we've topped 500,000 deaths in a year's time which handily dwarfs drunk driving fatalities so the danger is just as legitimate.

Edited on by zupertramp

nessisonett

Well there goes our plan for reopening. Rangers fans going on the rampage in the city centre. The really ridiculous part is that we’re already looking at losing our Euro matches since we’re not in a position to open back up.
UntitledUntitled

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

zupertramp

@nessisonett not to be insensitive but honestly it's a little reassuring to see people are mental everywhere, and not just America.

Jimmer-jammer

@zupertramp this is one of the best articulated positions I’ve seen on this issue.

True genuineness actually puts people off. The only way to combat this is with time. Stay true, and one time enemies may become long time friends.

nessisonett

@zupertramp Oh we’re well known for being nutters. A city full of them. Sectarianism and psychos are our biggest exports.

Octane

@zupertramp You can reason that the unnecessary injuries and deaths from car accidents due to not wearing seat belts also puts more strain on the healthcare. Unless you want to make the point that those people aren't eligible for first aid, or don't get priority, AND also cover the costs themselves, and not the health insurance, then I agree

Octane

LieutenantFatman

@zupertramp
A good analogy with the drink driving. I would argue that seat belt and helmet laws do protect children as well though for many parents who wouldn't otherwise bother.
Just look at the number of cyclists who don't bother wearing helmets or get their children to because there's no laws there for that.

LieutenantFatman

zupertramp

@Octane hmmm, I'm not sure I'm sold on that line of reasoning if only because people are allowed to partake in all manner of reckless behavior that still falls within legal limits without being excluded from the healthcare system, or de-prioritized. Actually we don't even exclude those who do engage in illegal activity. But the societal cost, by way of increased strain on the healthcare system, definitely wasn't an angle I was taking into consideration.

Fwiw, I always wear a seatbelt and when I was into scooters I always wore a helmet.

The way I see it life is, among other things, a game of risk management and I don't see anything particularly noble, or macho, or cool about being taken out by some known risk that I neglected to account for. This becomes especially true when you have a family to look after. I admit that I find laws that force you to use PPE (strictly for your own safety) a tad peculiar but it's far from being some kind of crusade of mine.

Masks though, fall more under our duty to not put others in danger. So, social responsibility. And I was just hoping to appeal to that in my comments. It wasn't so much to knock seatbelts.

aaand another wall of text. My apologies.

@Jimmer-jammer well thanks.

@nessisonett lol good to know. But I'm sure it's not all bad.

zupertramp

@LieutenantFatman ah yes, I definitely should have clarified on laws regarding minors. There's really no playing devil's advocate on that imo.

Edit: as an example, in Texas adults aren't required to wear helmets on motorcycles but if you have a passenger under a certain age, they are required to wear one. Similarly adults can ride in the back of a pickup but minors cannot.

Edited on by zupertramp

nessisonett

There are now a ridiculous amount of fireworks going off a couple of streets over and there are crowds with lots and lots of beer. This is just plain stupid now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic