Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 2,176

Octane

Well, there are way less gorillas than humans on this planet. And in a way it's also protecting the staff from getting it from one of them. And it's not like there are millions of gorillas in line to get a vaccine either... I don't see the problem!

Octane

zupertramp

@Octane this is one of those times where the fact that I couldn't be bothered to read the article kinda bit me in the rear, as I assumed it was the same vaccine but then considered it might not be only after posting. So by the time I checked the article and confirmed it's some experimental vaccine (and not the human vaccine) the damage had already been done.

Ah well. Got my stupid comment of the day out of the way early.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"And if your hands were metal, that would mean something."

nessisonett

@zupertramp I’d also add that the prospect of Covid spreading to animals is way scarier than it sounds. If it gets to wild animals and ends up mutating, it’s a whole lot harder to contain. Since we value human lives and well-being a lot more than a pigeon or rat and people actually walk into hospitals, we’re a lot more aware of the virus than we would have been if it had only spread to humans after ravaging animal populations.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

zupertramp

@nessisonett noted. Though I was also struck by the idea of giving vaccines after an outbreak.

nessisonett

@zupertramp It does seem a bit silly from the outside without context. At this point, everyone universally benefits from getting back to normal so I reckon I just trust that people in science-y positions probably know what to do.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

zupertramp

@nessisonett true.

Not a new suggestion but the forums really need a 'like' button.

RogerRoger

LieutenantFatman wrote:

Argh, my mortal enemy and only weakness!
Rumour has it Alpacas are similar to butterflies, they cocoon themselves and then come out as llamas, so it's all good.

Then llamas eventually cocoon as well and emerge as cybernetically enhanced velociraptors. But the second bit is top secret so best not to tell anyone or you'll have llama security forces after you.

@LieutenantFatman That's just alpaca lies, and you know it.

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Ralizah That’s a lot of fur coats.

zupertramp

@Ralizah yeah that was incredibly sad.

But I mean I do know this. I mean this all most likely originated in some animal in the first place. I get it. It's one of the many reasons to abhor factory farming.

To be clear, I wasn't saying don't vaccinate animals. It's just, what was going on at this zoo that there was an outbreak? And is vaccinating them more important than say, human beings in third world countries whose governments can't even secure vaccines because, like, more virulent mutations can occur from rampant outbreaks just within humans too. And I'm guessing they also have animal populations in these countries that could make this worse as well.

It was more about the context of everything else going on weighed against a half dozen gorillas at a zoo.

But as I realized, it's moot because it's not even the same vaccine. Which makes sense. Why would it be.

nessisonett

@zupertramp They should print a gorilla symbol on the side of the vial. Like The Emperor’s New Groove.

Untitled

zupertramp

Lol. "A Llama?! He's supposed to be dead!" At least I think that's the line.

Love how you brought it back 'round to llamas.

nessisonett

@zupertramp I honestly didn’t mean to bring it back to llamas. But are we going to call it Llamageddon or the Alpacalypse?

Th3solution

@nessisonett I just need to pause and applaud the reference to The Emperor’s New Groove 😂
A criminally underrated movie.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

nessisonett

Urgh, massive crowds of Rangers fans are now outside Ibrox lighting flares and completely ignoring guidelines. That’s both clubs (sorry Partick Thistle) and their supporters now breached guidelines for the sake of football. It’s bloody stupid. I can see the next few months being pretty violent here, especially if we open up before the Orange Walks start.

R1spam

@nessisonett mental scenes! I get it though, it's their teams first league after only being formed 9 years ago 😂. In all seriousness, feel sorry for police and other services having to deal with that just now. Only consolation is chance of outdoors transmission is reduced, shame about all the inevitable house parties this weekend that will follow.

R1spam

nessisonett

@R1spam A boy waving a full on massive flag walked past my house a couple of hours ago. Nobody with him, just him waving the flag. I get it as well, I don’t really blame them but it’s not going to be fun given I live in a predominantly Rangers area! I’m glad the pub across the road isn’t open though, it usually spills out into the nearby streets and isn’t pretty even after the tamest of Old Firms/league wins.

R1spam

@nessisonett take care bud, it can get pretty wild your neck of the woods. I vividly remember being woken up the morning after a big night out in Glasgow, when staying over in a city centre hotel, by a giant orange march about 15 years ago. Couldn't comprehend the scale of it! How anyone could be bothered let alone Scottish people commemorating an Irish battle by folk who could barely articulate difference between Catholicism and Protestantism. Fuds

R1spam

nessisonett

@R1spam Cheers, I’m right on the path the march takes so we usually spend the day playing loud music trying to drown out the drums and pan pipes. Considering it was cancelled last year, Rangers have taken the title after 10 years etc... if we open back up beforehand it’s going to be carnage. I’ve a mind to set up my speakers in the front garden on St Paddy’s Day and blare rebel songs just to get my own back but I’m afraid I’d get stabbed 😂😂

zupertramp

Just wow. Such an odd thing to vilify. I'll never get it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic