Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,501 to 1,510 of 1,510

Arugula

@Ralizah I work primarily outside and this week it's been over 110°. Been wearing the mask for months and I have asthma. These people are something.

Arugula

nessisonett

As hardline as it sounds, I really think we should create a hard border with England until this calms down because Scotland’s almost Covid-free. No deaths were recorded the last two days yet England still has hundreds of cases every day. The danger for us now is imported cases, whether that’s abroad or domestic. If the two Parliaments got on then I reckon it would have been easier but Boris won’t want to give those kinda powers to Holyrood when there’s still a big Independence movement.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Ralizah

@Arugula Definitely. I mean, look, I get it. Masks suck. Nobody likes wearing masks. But some sacrifices need to be made to ensure a greater communal good.

That lady that expressed disbelief at the idea of people wanting her to experience discomfort as part of an effort to ensure a greater social good, btw? That's America in a nutshell. And it's why, with or without our current leadership, we'd likely still be bungling this virus response to some degree.

National emergencies demand a public that is willing to make small sacrifices to achieve greater gains, and we're not a people that are willing to do that anymore. Decades have been spent with our people listening to misinformation and propaganda guised as news. We've tolerated and normalized the uncontrolled growth of corporate power and the worsening of socioeconomic inequalities. Our country is so divided now that even the simple act of mask-wearing has become a sort of political statement.

nessisonett wrote:

As hardline as it sounds, I really think we should create a hard border with England until this calms down

Also, lol. I wish I lived in a country where the new cases numbered in the hundreds. It's going to be funny when other countries get over this and then impose travel restrictions on American tourism because of how badly we've mismanaged this situation.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Hahahaha, yeah not quite a massive wall, more like a wee person who checks your temperature at the border. The public are already flocking to the beaches and acting generally stupid so I’d expect to see a second wave over here too.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

themcnoisy

@Ralizah The major issue with the west is you have unelected business owners and investors lobbying the government on the premise of funding for the party. This has always happened - however the sums of dough in recent times are ridiculous. Which in turn has led to a cycle of business promoted good news stories about the need to reopen from the media sponsored by the same business owners and investors coupled with current conservative* ideology - money first, life a distant second.

I said it a long long time ago. You can't faff around with LockDown, you do it properly or you don't. Not doing it properly has wasted the limited time we had, the governments have to be held to account as they massively messed up. Viruses happen all throughout our history, it will happen again and lessons need to be learnt.

But when you have people in charge who don't learn the lessons of history prioritising personal gain over time served relationships, ethics, strategies and common sense you end up here. In a pseudo argument about masks which is pathetic.

The places where the virus is exploding should be locked down not out at work.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy We’ve had no deaths for a few days now but after seeing the queues outside Primark, I expect that to get worse. Nobody really needs cheap socks and T-shirts that desperately, do they?

belmont

To be honest I got used to the mask. I wear in Public Transport and in the office in case of a 3+ people meeting. Good that I still find them in local markets for 0.5 Euro each

belmont

nessisonett

Well people, humanity’s reached rock bottom. As D:Ream say, the only way is up!

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic