Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 2,454

mookysam

@Th3solution Turns out being cooped up indoors playing games and shunning society is actually beneficial!

@JechtUltima I'm sure the next wondercure will be something like possum piss. Cue an upsurge in angry possum-related injuries. I once googled angry possum and was quite scared at what I saw!

@R1spam I guess some people just want their own narrow views confirmed, so they will never change their perspective, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Anti-vaxxers are one thing, but there are still people denying that Covid is even real. The American healthcare system is baffling all round and by the looks of it there's something quite wrong with the education system too.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

So the good news is — ivermectin decreases sperm counts and diminishes sperm motility. 😁

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

First few days back in the office this week. All feels a bit odd. Monday I was the one person in from the department. Yesterday there were two people and today three. Next week a couple of people from my team are in full time also and people will start popping up as part of the hybrid working scheme. Man, it is so good to have face to fave conversations.

I don't feel too bad either, a bit more tired but that is to be expected with getting up earlier to travel. Didn't help that on the weekend one of the flats in the buildings where I live decided it was a good idea to pump out loud music from 4 in the morning.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

Presumably, if enough patriots drink bleach, eat horse deworming paste, and pop anti-maleria tablets to treat their covid symptoms, the anti-vax movement will... take care of itself in due time.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Yeah, I had a similar thought. It’s a self-correcting issue. Darwinism in action.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

mookysam

@Th3solution Every cloud has a silver lining and all. 😂

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/politics/joe-biden-covid-speec...

"At the center of Biden's new plan is directing the Labor Department to require all businesses with 100 or more employees ensure their workers are either vaccinated or tested once a week, an expansive step the President took after consultation with administration health officials and lawyers. Companies could face thousands of dollars in fines per employee if they don't comply."

"Biden also signed an executive order requiring all government employees be vaccinated against Covid-19, with no option of being regularly tested to opt out. The President signed an accompanying order directing the same standard be applied to employees of contractors who do business with the federal government."

YES

Finally. THIS is what I voted for: someone willing to be politically unpopular with his enemies in order to do the right thing. Not a namby-pamby fence-sitter who tries to appease everyone and gets nothing done.

I've gotten so, so tired of people just pretending like it's normal for the insane 1/3 of the population to hold the rest of us hostage by fueling the continual fires of a pandemic that's continuing to kill and hospitalize so many of our citizens.

Ralizah

@Thrillho The people at Fox News aren't stupid. I'm sure the most toxic anchors, like Tucker Carlson, were scrambling to be first in line for the vaccines. They care about not getting seriously ill or dying. They just don't care if it happens to the yokels and deluded old people who make up the majority of their audience.

The right is relying on the supreme court to slap this down now. If it does... well... I think every person sick with covid in the U.S. should line-up to give free hugs and kisses to the justices.

Biden's people think this will withstand legal scrutiny, though, so we'll see.

michaelpohara

I talked to some of my friends who are civilian contractors for a company that works with a certain US federal agency recently, and they've gone absolutely apeshit over Biden's mandate for federal workers. I even had one friend ask me where to get a fake vaccine card, and said friend and I are no longer talking after I replied to him saying "to get a fake vaccine card, you have to get a real vaccine."

People are stupid and lazy. Said friends live in Louisiana, which is under a mask mandate. Oh well ... they'll lose their jobs on December 8th, as their contracting firm has given them until then to get at least one shot.

"It is better to stay silent and let people assume you are a fool, than to speak and confirm their assumptions."

PSN: MikeOHara

Voltan

I guess the next wave is officially in progress here in Poland. Almost 10k new cases today.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Man, that’s tough. Stay safe over there. It’s weird how these waves hit in different pockets around the world. What is the vaccination rate and mask wearing policies in Poland?

Voltan

@Th3solution I looked up the numbers. 46% fully vaccinated and another 6% after the first dose. These are better in large cities and I live in the capital, so it's not bad here, luckily.
As for mask wearing policies - they exist but are hardly enforced. You're supposed to wear a mask in any public indoor spaces and transport but I see a lot of people not wearing any and half (or more) of those who do can't be assed to wear them properly - so they might as well not.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

Think there was a surge in cases in my area last week, but there has been a decline this week. I expect those will go up again as it has been half term for schools, and the shopping prevents and things have been mega busy.

We've been informed by the head of department that if you do not feel comfortable coming in, then not to, if cleared with your manager beforehand. Most people are continuing to come in with whatever arrangements they had though.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Voltan I expect our cases to get even worse than they are. About 2K cases a day just in Glasgow and that’s before every country’s delegation descends on us for this climate thing.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

I just learned that a guy from work (who works remotely so I normally only see him a few times a year anyway) didn't get vaccinated and is currently intubated in ICU...

Voltan

Thrillho

@Voltan Urgh, that’s so sad but I find it so depressing that people are still turning down the vaccine, whatever their reason.

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho Unfortunately this person is an embodiment of “small town mentality” in many ways, if you know what I mean. I imagine this means mostly the same in any country.

Voltan

kyleforrester87

I have been unmasked in packed theatres, nightclubs and pubs along with literally every one else multiple times in the past few months.. struggling to see the logic in continuing to wear a mask anywhere now.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I still wear one in shops out of habit. Feel a bit weird when people are up in my face without one on.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.