Topic: Books You're Currently Reading?

Posts 501 to 520 of 880

XandertheWise

books i just started reading

Relic
Duma Key

XandertheWise

MightyDemon82

Really enjoyed consider phelbas and should finish The Player of Games today, fantastic read.

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

@lolwhatno At the end of the day it’s one scene in a very long book written by a man so high on cocaine he probably couldn’t see straight. But I sort of understand what he was going for with it. Pennywise goes for kids because he feeds off their innocence. So Beverly decides on a way for them all to lose their innocence. In a way, ‘It’ refers to social stigma about sex, King draws parallels all through the book. Not talking about it being why Pennywise gets away with killing so many kids etc. So there’s a certain irony in you skipping those pages!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@MightyDemon82 I'm glad you enjoyed it! Player of Games was the first Culture book I read and really liked it. Quite the change of tone and pace from Phlebas though but, like I said above, I like that Banks was happy to experiment with different types of story through the series.

Thrillho

MightyDemon82

@Thrillho I had planned on starting State of the Art yesterday but Aloy had my attention all day. I'll crack it open and get it started before I go to sleep!

MightyDemon82

ellisael

I have started reading The Cockroach by Ian McEwan- it is such an interesting subversion of Kafka's vermin. I am also for college reading Algebra and trying to be ready for the prep test

ellisael

XandertheWise

two books im reading currently

Stephen King's Duma Key
Hyperion Endymion

XandertheWise

I started reading:

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck

I usually don't give a F towards what I post in forums like these so I guess the book is right in my alley (?)

You are a gamer, hold your head up high.

PSN: Avatarian598

XandertheWise

Currrently reading these

Directive 51 Trilogy
Star Wars High Republic Rising Storm
The Silmarillion. re-reading it for the 3rd time. mostly reading a few things here and there in the book

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

Currently re-reading the last couple books of Star wars New Jedi Order.

busy with the Force Heretic books for now then the very last two books of New Jedi Order

XandertheWise

MightyDemon82

@XandertheWise I only ever got through the first 4 or 5 of those before women became a focus in my life. Still have them all so will have to read the lot this time!

MightyDemon82

MB81

Just got done with Stephen King's Under the Dome. What a great book, one of his best. Page-turner for all 800-odd pages, and minimal supernatural stuff (which is good for me). I didn't really like how divisive political stereotypes separate the town - of course the evil town selectman is an Obama hating Republican Christian, but still a great novel.
Now reading a bloody big book about Lyndon Johnson - LBJ: Architect of the American Dream. Truly formidable politician. They're made of different stock to the idiots on both sides of the divide and the Atlantic these days.

PSN: MajorBriggs81
GT7 account: MajorBriggs81JP

XandertheWise

I still have the old Hardcover of Under the Dome since christmas 2009. should read it again sometime but in September Im going to buy Stephen King's new fantasy novel that comes out

XandertheWise

PhhhCough

Started Backyard spaceship, book 6.
Finished An outcast in another world, book 2

PhhhCough

I am currently reading Life Is in the Transitions: Mastering Change at Any Age.
from author Bruce Feller.

Edited on by avatarian

You are a gamer, hold your head up high.

PSN: Avatarian598

Elodin

Just finished The Cat Who Saved Books. Great read.

Elodin

MightyDemon82

@Elodin I was in a book store recently and I did see that one, might pick it up.

I'm reading Tales of Norse mythology!

MightyDemon82

XandertheWise

not reading but this weekend i went to a bookstore that was similar in appearance to Barnes and Noble and bought the new Uncle John Bathroom reader 35th anniverssary book and the current issue of Horror Hound.

the bookstore is called Books a Million. has the same look and layout like Barnes and Noble except the bookstore is somewhat smaller

XandertheWise

ellisael

Currently reading The Misadventures of Mr Yao and re-reading The Reluctant Fundamentalist. Also some college light reading revision on the anatomy topic.

ellisael

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic