Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 821 to 840 of 2,757

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Noooooo, spoilers!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

@nessisonett You weren't the only one. I'd seen it many times but hadn't worked out how to get up there. That completes my set.

Also got the last fragment last night but didn't appreciate how you unlock the secret ending. It was too late so I'll maybe do that later.

@Thrillho That platinum is surely going to be a chore if you don't know when stuff is going to appear. I wonder if they will change the randomiser a bit to allow it to spawn stuff you're missing more often. Maybe scout log #9 will be mine after all šŸ˜‚

render

katamariUK

I finished Act 3 last week and now am trying to get the Platinum, which is proving to be somewhat slow. These survey trophies are a pain as I am not sure if the completion cards in the PS5 UI are accurate or not for all of them.
I finally found Scout Log 9 in the first Biome yesterday and that progress was at 99%, so good there. However, for some of the other Biomes they show around 85% complete, but I have every Cypher Glyph and Scout Log in the game. I I have translated every Rune thingy I ever came across, so unless some are really well hidden, I am unsure what else to do. Does anyone know what else adds to this percentage?

Game dev.

Voltan

@katamariUK Not sure about the activity cards but you definitely need to interact with every hologram in the xeno archives (which was most likely not possible when you were there for the first time) - you should be able to check if you're missing any in your databank.
I'm not aware of any other requirements.

Voltan

katamariUK

@Voltan Yep, I got all the archive holograms in every Biome some time ago. I'm wondering if you have to get the data cubes or other items?

Game dev.

render

@katamariUK Good find šŸ‘. I quite enjoy those challenge rooms when I get a good build, although I did get killed in one the other day so goes to show that there's always room for improvement.

render

PossibLeigh

@Voltan Thanks for that. I'll give it a go once I regain some enthusiasm.

PossibLeigh

Scratchy_Seal

@nessisonett canā€™t believe the luck youā€™re having with crashes!

Mother-in-Law has been staying the last few nights so Iā€™ve not been on and very much looking forward to finding that 6th fragment tonight...although after a couple of failed attempts and reports of people not getting the RnG from multiple tries Iā€™ll not hold out too much hope!

Scratchy_Seal

katamariUK

@Scratchy_Seal Not sure if it helps, but I found the sixth fragment in the exact same spot in two different runs on two different days. I didn't collect it the first time to see if it does indeed spawn at fixed locations and it did do that, for me at least.
Towards the end of the 6th biome before you shoot the blue floating orbs then drop down to the last areas before the boss, I went left (if the final drop is straight ahead). There was nothing on the map but there was an area here with some floating platforms. It's kind of a small vertical weird layout area with a chest on the lowest platform and a blue orb you need to shoot in order to get to the higher platform. On this higher platform is a data cube and the 6th fragment next to a body.

Game dev.

Voltan

@katamariUK In my case this little side area spawned early in the biome but yeah, it seems to be always that exact piece of terrain

Voltan

nessisonett

I think there was yet another trophy that bugged out, making my platinum even more impossible. It hasnā€™t logged any of the suit upgrades that Iā€™ve picked up in the activity thing for the trophy that I assume is to collect all artefacts. So yeah, Iā€™m done with the game. 21 hours, 41 deaths. One of the most frustrating games in recent memory, not due to the genuinely great gameplay but irritating RNG, unbelievable glitches and crashes for a AAA game and a non-existent difficulty curve. Itā€™s really hard to actually appreciate how good certain aspects are when so much either doesnā€™t work (I played an entire file without the multiplayer even being re-added) or barely works, like the grapple detection.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Voltan Oh right. It appears under activities the same as the surveys and such. Itā€™s completely glitched out though, the numbers are proper wonky.

render

@nessisonett Shame it's marred your experience of the game and a shame that they couldn't patch things quicker. I guess after the last patch debacle though it wasn't worth rushing one out without it going through a rigorous amount of testing etc.

I'm really hoping that they can add more to this game in the future, especially if they can flesh out the challenges stuff a bit rather than it being a daily one off.

render

Thrillho

@nessisonett Itā€™s a bit weird that the activity cards donā€™t all match up to trophies; there are loads along the lines of x expert for getting upgrades on specific weapons so it could be an issue with those being a new thing.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll bother with the platinum as I havenā€™t got a single trophy for surveying an area yet and that really is too random for me to want to persevere with.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@render I bet you a million pounds that they donā€™t really add anything significant to the game post-release and then put out some half-arsed statement about ā€˜releasing a complete gameā€™ that people lap up. It was after beating the final boss a second time that I truly appreciated just how underwhelming it was. Itā€™s like the game finally gets going, with far more interesting weapon traits and such, and then it ends. It could totally do with a third set of biomes to really push the weapon traits system to its fullest.

render

@nessisonett I doubt they would add any new environments but I think they might provide some new modes etc. I'm definitely going to pass on that bet though, I'm just not a gambling man and like the RNG it's far from being a sure thing!

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic